izoptope - IRIS2

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
willemb
Mild
izoptope - IRIS2

Post by willemb »

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/izo ... gin-610747

Looks really interesting to me, I wasnt really aware of v1, so not sure how much better v2 is. I might get this....

From a quick look its something like Massive combined with grain type and visual type synthesis.

What do you guys think?

ross-alexander
endless
Re: izoptope - IRIS2

Post by ross-alexander »

I have used v1 quite a lot, it's a novel approach to synthesis but it never became a go to tool. Worth trying the demo see if you like it, for sound mangling / granular tools I prefer reaktor, theres often offers on for it and it offers more for isolating and processing chunks of audio much prefer using a sampler. Worth a look not sure what they have added to it will have a scan.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

After firing up the demo i forgot what got me excited in the first place. It doesnt really seem to offer anything new, and is just a confusing mess of controls of parameters that i can already control in my current workflow.

I dont know why i didnt think of trying the demo earlier, haha

johannes heil
broke

Post by johannes heil »

reminds me of metasynth.....
scratch my head.....
scratch my balls.......
it SUCKS!

:D

qb748t394
fancy woman

Post by qb748t394 »

i can understand if some of you are comfortable with what you have already... as far as synths, samplers, etc. :) However, the kind of sounds and timbres you can get with the "spectral filtering" (in terms of sample-manipulation) are f'n incredible :shock: , and can't be discounted... too me at least. I really like all those dark or ambient soundscapes... and with Iris 1, it would have been almost simple to make that kind of stuff... plus using your own samples and captured sounds?.. would be gnarly no doubt.
Like I said, Iris 1 was kick-ass... I messed with it for 30 min. or so, and was definitely wantin' to buy dat shit... I had already gotten Alchemy a bit back though, and wasn't going to be "in the market" so to speak... BUT now?.. year or so later, and I had recently purchased ZEBRA 2 :D... so I'm not going to be buying Iris 2... I am kinda' covered... I think... :lol:

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Yea spectral filtering is cool. I think it would have been better if it was just a simple spectral filtering tool, and not all this other shit they built around it.

I already have/use Photosounder (standalone, mac) when I want to do some spectral filtering, and I think although a bit slower, its actually better at it than Iris2.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

I picked Iris 1 a long time ago. It's a fun, albeit flawed, tool and I often process my atmospheric sounds through it. The upgrade looks pointless- I'd want to modulate the spectral content, not the fluff they tack on top.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

johannes heil wrote:reminds me that im arrogant because i know everything and more...i SUCK
8-) 8-) 8-)
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

qb748t394
fancy woman

Post by qb748t394 »

Mono-xID wrote:
johannes heil wrote:reminds me that im arrogant because i know everything and more...i SUCK
8-) 8-) 8-)

I love that I "inspired" your additional signature... :lol:

that sh!t is just sooo funny...