u-He Bazille released + on sale

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
tdmusic
Informer
u-He Bazille released + on sale

Post by tdmusic »

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/09/m ... th-plug-u/

Looks pretty powerful. Sounds like a good buy for £70 if you are in to the modular thing. Anyone played with it yet?

Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: u-He Bazille released + on sale

Post by Mono-xID »

Played around with the beta demo a while ago. Once again i realised, modular isn't for me.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah I've had the beta for a while.
I find this strangely uninteresting.
Vst land going backwards
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

I've got it but still not delved into it in too much depth. It reminds me of Aalto.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

I've been into this one and MPowerSynth all day. Bazille is top for certain things but MPowerSynth is way more interesting. Definitely not for the faint hearted producer though, more nerdy craziness.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Melda productions stuff makes my eyes bleed for some reason, even though it is great I always feel like I am looking at accounting software or something.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Haha yeah I know what you mean. Most probably their GUI puts people off
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

ParetoPark
Exampleless

Post by ParetoPark »

I really like Bazille, its sold as an modular synth, but its not an analog replica, it is an FM synth.
I like the immediacy of the wires to see the patch. FM8 or Operator is uninspiring tbh.

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

i loveeeeee it. played with the beta for about 10 minutes last week and knew it was something special and worth buying.

easily my favourite VST synth

i think it sounds great, very deep (deeper than i was expecting actually) , and super fun

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

ParetoPark wrote:I really like Bazille, its sold as an modular synth, but its not an analog replica, it is an FM synth.
I like the immediacy of the wires to see the patch. FM8 or Operator is uninspiring tbh.
i've never liked operator. i find it far too limiting.

fm8 is great, i've been using it since it was fm7.

funnily enough - and despite the morph xy thingy, i loved it more when it was fm7 - ditching the operator copy/paste and being able to bypass the filter was a big mistake

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

The limitation of Operator is it's beauty imo. I just hate these super bloated "all in one synths".

FM 8 ???! Far too complex... :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I agree I far more prefer Operator to FM8.
FM8 is really not an easy synth to work with interface-wise, and FM is by nature already not an easy way of synthesizing.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

I find Operator and FM8 fairly equivalent in the interface stakes, what do you guys find hard about it? Operator has less scope, which sometimes is exactly what you need, but it can annoy me how small the interface is.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Well, as always, it's each to his own. Operator just clicked with me. Most of the sounds i want i get out of this synth. And i just HATE NI interfaces.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

That's fair. I think they're both excellent, but the price you pay for the extra power is the slightly more complex interface. But it's not really hard once you get your head around the matrix, and really, there isn't an obviously better way of laying that out. Operator obviously limits you to the handful of predefined operator routings.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

sure, of course i think FM8 it's a powerful synth. But yeah, i'm forced to work fast and so i don't got the time to get my head around other synths. Plus i think (and that's just me) i don't need 10 virtual-analog synths and 5 FM's plus 3 additives as in the end they all do mostly the same. some has more features than others, but that doesn't mean i'll use these features. I check demo's from time to time and i always hope they'll inspire me. Instead i'm like "meh, fuck it. Let's take operator and finish that track". And somehow (for me again) it's more about how i process the synth sound with effects after programming the patch/sequence. That's where the fun starts for me. So i'd rate effects higher than synths actualy, because if it doesn't make much difference if i make a saw wave stab with operator or monark, i like to characterize the sound with the power of effect chains.

As said, this is about "classic" synthesis methods like analog, fm , bla bla....more obscure synths like granular or spectral synthesis is more than welcome...i fuckin love Izotope IRIS...best thing i've bought lately !!!

PS: thanks Mattias for mentioning to check out AD Kombinat. Had it installed years ago, uninstalled because of less use and other distortions. Re-installed a month ago and i f-ing love it. Instant grittyness and dirty as fuck !!!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mono-xID wrote:sure, of course i think FM8 it's a powerful synth. But yeah, i'm forced to work fast and so i don't got the time to get my head around other synths. Plus i think (and that's just me) i don't need 10 virtual-analog synths and 5 FM's plus 3 additives as in the end they all do mostly the same. some has more features than others, but that doesn't mean i'll use these features. I check demo's from time to time and i always hope they'll inspire me. Instead i'm like "meh, fuck it. Let's take operator and finish that track". And somehow (for me again) it's more about how i process the synth sound with effects after programming the patch/sequence. That's where the fun starts for me. So i'd rate effects higher than synths actualy, because if it doesn't make much difference if i make a saw wave stab with operator or monark, i like to characterize the sound with the power of effect chains.

As said, this is about "classic" synthesis methods like analog, fm , bla bla....more obscure synths like granular or spectral synthesis is more than welcome...i fuckin love Izotope IRIS...best thing i've bought lately !!!

PS: thanks Mattias for mentioning to check out AD Kombinat. Had it installed years ago, uninstalled because of less use and other distortions. Re-installed a month ago and i f-ing love it. Instant grittyness and dirty as fuck !!!

I quite agree.
The more synths I've seen and played around with, the more I'm interested in what happens after the synth.
Honestly, unless it's some more exotic type of sound synthesis like additive, granular, or even FM (and then only if you're really good at making your own sounds with it, and let's face it, most just fuck around with parameters without very well knowing where they end up, especially with something as deep as FM8),
I always feel that it's the FX chain or resampling, adding more FX,... that in the end give you a sound you wanna use.
I'm not even sure if you want to call it "original" cause I'm sure most sounds have been done to death right now, but I do feel like no matter which "normal" synth you take, it will all sound like it's been done before. Which isn't always a bad thing, sometimes a big fat analog bass is just what you want, but if you're after experimenting, the good stuff is almost always in what comes after the synth.

ow and Kombinat. Damn !!!!
Figured since it was only 40€ I might as well give it a try.
Fucking great, it runs circles around Fabfilter's Saturator many many times.
Maybe not in terms of modulation, cause it's hard to beat fabfilters modulation options, but it's soo much better as a multi-band distortion unit.
And I've only played around with it for 10 minutes.

I owe you guys both a beer for mentioning this one again.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Saturn is fantastic, but it's a completely different beast to Kombinat. Saturn is one of my most used plugs, it's great for enhancement rather than all out destruction. I think Ohmicide is probably more similar to Kombinat with the tools to more easily completely change the sonic character of its input.

Nice track on your SC btw.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Planar wrote:Saturn is fantastic, but it's a completely different beast to Kombinat. Saturn is one of my most used plugs, it's great for enhancement rather than all out destruction. I think Ohmicide is probably more similar to Kombinat with the tools to more easily completely change the sonic character of its input.

Nice track on your SC btw.
I guess I don't really want enhancement, or at least I don't like the general sound of it. Too much high-end distortion.
I've been running a simple kick + snare through the Kombinat presets for the last half hour or so, changing parameters here and there, and I'm amazed at how different it can make the same clip sound.
And this is just kick+snare.
I never had that kind of feeling with Saturn.
Kombinat kind of reminds me of my Biscuit, but without the FX and the analog filter at the end.

txh for the compliment, but ssshhh !! I don't want people to actually listen to what I make ! :)
Imagine that ! ;)

I presume you mean the last track I added, or the one before ? (both were made in pretty much the same month)
I've been forcing myself to finish tracks, and to be honest, as you know : I hate finishing tracks.
The arrangment is always giving me headaches, and with that last track for example, I had so many stupid little problems, all my MIDI clips where not properly being triggered in my arrangment, I was really tearing my hair out, cause one of them was such a big part of the groove, and no matter how hard I tried, I never got it back to the original clip view groove.
and naturally this had to be at the moment where my mrs had 3 nightshift onguard duty's in 1 week, so I was fighting the finishing stuff while trying to keep my kids to leave me alone.
It left me completely exhausted and still with a feeling of "this could have been at least 30% better if I wouldn't have faced the frustrating problems + I would have been left alone for at least 2 hours on end"

ow well, it is what it is...
I ain't touching both of them with a stick for at least a few weeks, if at all. Too sick of them.

Just putting in the fucking hours, that's all that counts.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Planar wrote:it's great for enhancement rather than all out destruction.
That's it !!!