Help!

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
osha
Suspect Handshake
Help!

Post by osha »

Hi all been a while since I posted. I'm kind stuck in state of frustration right now and need some help. I have a track that once bounced from ableton to my desktop, loses a bunch of quality in both aif or wav formats. they almost sound like completely different loops when played in succession . I've tested this on multiple head phones, car speakers and studio monitors all the same outcome. I'm thinking it could be my lack luster mixing capabilities or over powered low end. Anyone here have a similar experience?

Thanks!

ozias_leduc
ANAL
Re: Help!

Post by ozias_leduc »

can you just make a channel in ableton and set to resample - and record it in real time that way?

i have in the past had a few issues with certain plugins that don't like to be bounced down

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

HArd to tell what your problem is, I expect it is a case of final rendering format.

If you are streaming down to 16bit rather than the working rate, wether or not you are using dithering etc. All these things play a big factor in final output.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

osha
Suspect Handshake

Post by osha »

Thanks ozias, that's probably the most immediate way outta this mess. @ void, when I render the audio in ableton the kid becomes dull, the sub is almost non existent and the highs loss plenty of desired frequency.

ozer
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by ozer »

OK. after a few trial runs it seems that the D16 devastor is not being recognized during the render in ableton, thus leaving the final product rather flat and unenjoyable. this ever happen to anyone? if i resample the audio as mentioned earlier, the track is as desired.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Don't use cracked software?
New Shit

osha
Suspect Handshake

Post by osha »

Certainly not the case, don't always assume ya cunt. D16 is on Interpol

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Just asking.

I`ve never heard of anyone having trouble rendering down a track with devastator not being recognised.

Reinstall it.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

gentlemen, perhaps he has an issue with a new version of the D16 plugin ?

remember me and Sigmund : I installed the new version (only after D16 said it was the offical new version) and everything with the old Sigmund was not recognized anymore.
This was according to D16 support because the new version was so drastically different than the old version that Live didn't recognize it any more as the same plugin.
There is nothing I can do now than install the old version again and go back to the last year of work and check everywhere where I used the old version and render it down to audio, and then re-install the new version.
Something I might do once I have a year free... :roll:

If I'm not mistaken, I remember D16 sending out an email saying there are new versions out for some of their other plugins.
Perhaps OP is having the same kind of issue as I had with the new version of Sigmund.

Try contacting D16 support.
They were very helpful and extremely fast,
but that still sucks balls massively, they should have warned users this could happen so they didn't install the new version before rendering all of the stuff that uses the old version,
and besides, what's the fucking point of using plugins if you can't rely on them loading up and you gotta bounce everything back to audio just like you gotta do with your HW ???
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I'm glad I haven't updated in that case.
New Shit

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Hades wrote:gentlemen, perhaps he has an issue with a new version of the D16 plugin ?

remember me and Sigmund : I installed the new version (only after D16 said it was the offical new version) and everything with the old Sigmund was not recognized anymore.
This was according to D16 support because the new version was so drastically different than the old version that Live didn't recognize it any more as the same plugin.
There is nothing I can do now than install the old version again and go back to the last year of work and check everywhere where I used the old version and render it down to audio, and then re-install the new version.
Something I might do once I have a year free... :roll:

If I'm not mistaken, I remember D16 sending out an email saying there are new versions out for some of their other plugins.
Perhaps OP is having the same kind of issue as I had with the new version of Sigmund.

Try contacting D16 support.
They were very helpful and extremely fast,
but that still sucks balls massively, they should have warned users this could happen so they didn't install the new version before rendering all of the stuff that uses the old version,
and besides, what's the fucking point of using plugins if you can't rely on them loading up and you gotta bounce everything back to audio just like you gotta do with your HW ???
It's a completely different issue though. The plugin works, it just doesn't render offline. Its still likely to be a D16 issue though, saying that. I'd try the following

1. Duplicate the track with the plugin on it. Delete the original track. This should rule out any issues with this specific instance if it.
2. If that doesn't work, try freezing the track, does it freeze properly?
3. Remove all the other tracks temporarily. Does it render if it's the only track? Maybe a conflict with another VST.
4. Get onto D16 support.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Planar wrote:
It's a completely different issue though. The plugin works, it just doesn't render offline. Its still likely to be a D16 issue though, saying that. I'd try the following

1. Duplicate the track with the plugin on it. Delete the original track. This should rule out any issues with this specific instance if it.
2. If that doesn't work, try freezing the track, does it freeze properly?
3. Remove all the other tracks temporarily. Does it render if it's the only track? Maybe a conflict with another VST.
4. Get onto D16 support.
I agree it's a completely different issue, in my case Live didn't even load all the old clips/tracks of my projects where I used the old version of Sigmund.
I'm just saying : I upgraded and had this shit happen to me.
Perhaps OP's problems are also related to upgrading to a newer version of his D16 plugin recently.

In any case, unless any of us have had the same problem with the same version of the same plugin running on the same laptop with the same specs,
all any of us can do is make a good suggestion/guess of where the problem could possibly be coming from, no ? :)

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Yeah, of course. But if he wasn't aware of your issue it could have led to him jumping to conclusions.

Anyway, I reiterate what I said in your thread. Think before you blindly upgrade. Read the release notes and perhaps put it off if you have a good track on the go using said plugins.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

there was nothing in the release notes,
which is exactly what I told the D16 guys : you bastards should have put something in there.
They admitted they should have, but it's far too late now...

ah, fuck little old me,
fucking SW being just as much a practical pain in the ass like HW, who would have guessed ?

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Hades wrote: fucking SW being just as much a practical pain in the ass like HW, who would have guessed ?
That DAW integration thread suggests otherwise :D