Adversus Haereses - Célome

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
celome
quasi-public
Adversus Haereses - Célome

Post by celome »

Holà !

Finally back with a pertinent piece of music (means techno^^).
Worked really hard on this one especially on the sound design. The atmosphere is loud and martial but also airy thanks to pads and organic elements.
Was really important for me to try to give emotions via soundscaping.

Sub was made with operator (saw wave). The kick is a vermona mk1 sample (subs rolled off).
Under the kick sits a heavy sub (808) + reverb on it => low rumble

Synths were crafted thanks to operator, lexicon reverbs were used + delay's and also noise gates to control the thing.
Organic elements were designed in sampler with lots of lfo's on filter, panning and volume + Grain delay to add some weirdness. I thinks the raw sample was simply a rimshot from ripped from a 909.
Drums like HH and snares and claps were made with drumazon.

Here is the link

Hope you'll enjoy it !

Regards,

Célome

ps : thanks to willemb for his advice.
I was really not on the right path at the beginning and he made me realized that i needed to focus on specific elements that were much more relevant so it ended up in this one :D
Much happier with it...
Music factory : https://soundcloud.com/celomemusic

New release :

Prophet 5rev4 - Model D behringer - Elektron Model:Cycles - Live 11 - push 2 - apc 40 -krk 6 g3 - ultrasone pro 550 - Elektron analog four mk2 - MacBook Pro - Akai lpk - Moog Minitaur

mattie
refusenik
Re: Adversus Haereses - Célome

Post by mattie »

Hello Celome
Really like the intro section,that mid range synth is not fully doing it for me(entirely possible its just personal taste here),i wonder if letting less thru with the gate would work well(cancel this if the track is finished). The sections where the drops occurred worked most for me.
Also i feel when the kick is first introduced the overall volume of all parts seem pushed too much, better imho to let the sounds open up across the arrangement as the track progresses.

You can choose to completely ignore all of this,its just my opinion ofc.Hopefully some of it is useful to you.

celome
quasi-public

Post by celome »

See what you mean for the 1st part of your comment.

For the 2nd part, i wanted the listener to feel the contrast between the intro and the "heavy industrial" rhythmic so the track was built this way.
I really didn't push it too loud imo (when you say "all parts") but it's just the fact that the whole package came suddenly.
Technically, i'm not pushing hard on my limiter and only compressed the track a bit in order to glue it via tape emulation.
For sure i could have chosen something much more progressive... :) .

Thanks for your piece of advice mattie.
Music factory : https://soundcloud.com/celomemusic

New release :

Prophet 5rev4 - Model D behringer - Elektron Model:Cycles - Live 11 - push 2 - apc 40 -krk 6 g3 - ultrasone pro 550 - Elektron analog four mk2 - MacBook Pro - Akai lpk - Moog Minitaur

mattie
refusenik

Post by mattie »

Sorry Celome wrong word chosen,(long day tired brain) Should have chosen energy.Hope I didn't come across as detracting from you hard work.

I fully agree with having maximum impact when the kick hits,what I was getting at with my comment is I think a few micro drops of say 1/2 sec to 2 sec across the section from where the kick hits to say 3.24 min or so may add even more mechanical funk and groove.

I used the word progression in reference to making the arrangement have maximum impact and not in the full on trance sense ofc .Time to dig out my reactivate CDs again!