Life in the 50s looks interesting

General Chat // Music Discussion
helloitsmeagain
athlete
Re: Life in the 50s looks interesting

Post by helloitsmeagain »

the secret to mushrooms is avoid walls. do it in nature. and do it with friends. real friends.
Because of ACiD, i now know that butter is way better than margarine. I saw through the bullshit. - Mitch Hedberg

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

wrong Bill, its Bill Maher ( I searched for it because I was curious too, dont know too much about him, heard the name, will check some more of his stuff. )

youtu.be/FqAZ_7nBHS8

victer
Pig

Post by victer »

It's weird because I tried Salvia once or twice and the only thing I remember from it was laughing my arse off for about ten to fifteen minutes (non stop) then feeling very relaxed and comfy for a half hour but nothing really psychedelic.
facebook.com/bepulsed

oddmyth
Anba

Post by oddmyth »

helloitsmeagain wrote:the secret to mushrooms is avoid walls. do it in nature. and do it with friends. real friends.
Could go either way really, but I agree hallucinogens require you to be friends with your demons. As soon as you fear the drug you are about to ingest, you've already lost.
Cue 3 2013 - Devil's Advocate.

See what this is all about at oddmyth.ca

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

victer wrote:It's weird because I tried Salvia once or twice and the only thing I remember from it was laughing my arse off for about ten to fifteen minutes (non stop) then feeling very relaxed and comfy for a half hour but nothing really psychedelic.
That's called a level 1 experience. You didn't go "in".
You didn't take enough, or have a concentrated extract.

Level 3 or 4 is where you go to another place. The world fragments in front of your eyes and you pass through the membrane of it into pure chaos. It's pretty mental.

Level 5 is a deep deep experience. Unfortunately so powerful you remember nothing of it, as it is complete disassociation.

I had a level 4 experience once where I completely lost all concept of self.
Didn't know who I was, didn't even know what I was. There was just this tumbling infinite chaos of everything and I was it, and it was me. And I knew I used to be something else but not what or when or where.
And I seemed to be in that state for an age.

Welcome to the abyss.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

oddmyth wrote:
helloitsmeagain wrote:the secret to mushrooms is avoid walls. do it in nature. and do it with friends. real friends.
Could go either way really, but I agree hallucinogens require you to be friends with your demons. As soon as you fear the drug you are about to ingest, you've already lost.
I think the opposite (as do most psychonauts and shamanic leaders), a bit of fear is important.
It means you respect the plant, and the process. Going in to a deep psychedelic experience all balls out, brazen and arrogant is a recipe for disaster.
A little fear keeps you mindful of what you are about to experience.

But you do have to have an understanding of your weaknesses and accept that you may meet your demons.
New Shit

Bromi
BAD

Post by Bromi »

youtu.be/Uh7l8dx-h8M

Out of interest anyone tried ayahuasca that sounds like more of a spiritual kinda drug dont know anyone thats done it though?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yep, though not in south america, I have done it in controlled setting with a proper guide.
Yage is pretty hard on the body, and you need to do a special diet prior to doing it.
You can actually buy the constituent ingredients in this country and mix your own Yage potion.
I wouldn`t recommend it though.

Psilosybin and Salvia are just as "spiritual" as yage, it`s just a matter of duration.
New Shit

helloitsmeagain
athlete

Post by helloitsmeagain »

Lost to the Void wrote:
oddmyth wrote:
I think the opposite (as do most psychonauts and shamanic leaders), a bit of fear is important.
It means you respect the plant, and the process. Going in to a deep psychedelic experience all balls out, brazen and arrogant is a recipe for disaster.
A little fear keeps you mindful of what you are about to experience.

But you do have to have an understanding of your weaknesses and accept that you may meet your demons.
i wasn't actually talking around fear at all when i commented... i was big into mushrooms and tried them more than a handful of times. the point i was trying to make was that shrooms IMHO react well with nature. the effect always felt much stronger when done in nature. actually, shrooms always made me hurl, but i'd be vomiting in the grass, totally ignoring it and just amazed at the life force of the grass pulsated in front of my eyes.

i also always felt i could see straight into someones heart when on shrooms, go direct to their hidden intentions. imaged or not, i treated all my drug experiences as truth... i found people on shrooms with me to be as open as i. i could never speak to anyone who wasn't on shrooms when i was. they just seemed so dark and fuckin boring.

i've never had a bad trip. once i drank way more liquid acid than i intended. i could have freaked out, and i did for like 30 seconds, then i realised there was nothing i could do about it. so i decided to enjoy it. though in truth it was getting a bit much after 48 hours... :shock:
Because of ACiD, i now know that butter is way better than margarine. I saw through the bullshit. - Mitch Hedberg

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I think ANY psychedelic is better in nature.
Being out in a nice big field, some trees, blue sky, some clouds.
Or in a nice woods on a sunny day.
By a lake or the sea.

Or at night with a nice fire, the stars, the moon.

It feels more "right".

Fuckin hippy shit....hehe

Shrooms taken with orange juice and fresh can lessen the potential nausea

I`ve had some bad trips, almost always because of setting.

Having to deal with Canning Town police to discuss exactly why you are holding a rave under an overpass, whilst on liquid LSD and sweet mushroom soup is one crazy experience that springs to mind.
I felt for sure I was going to prison for the rest of my life.
New Shit

LaurentOrchard
pregnant

Post by LaurentOrchard »

I'm really into psychedelics, i did DMT alot and never go a year without 2-3 mandatory mushrooms/lsd ride. But salvia... ewwww salvia. This one is a bitch. Pure hell incarnate. It's as intense as DMT but different. I have cold shivers just to think about it. brrr

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

It's different due to the dissociative effect, and the fact that unlike all other hallucinogens, which are alkaloids and act on the serotonin receptors, salvia is not an alkaloid and uniquely acts on the kappa opioid receptors, the pleasure centres.

Salvia is a classy lady, and if you aren't ready for her she chews you up and spits you out.
New Shit

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

i would have said DMT is disassociative (due to the fact that it takes you 'to another place') - is salvia disassociative like that?

i'm curious

wapwap!
unsure

Post by wapwap! »

yes DMT is disassociative at a breakthrough dose.. crazy thing
you can literally experience ego death.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

wapwap! wrote:yes DMT is disassociative at a breakthrough dose.. crazy thing
Any powerful psychedelic can take you through ego death and beyond. It`s a frightening experience unless you are prepared for it.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

ozias_leduc wrote:i would have said DMT is disassociative (due to the fact that it takes you 'to another place') - is salvia disassociative like that?

i'm curious
Well, no not in the medical sense, as the physical action is different, but for all sense and purposes DMT can be dissociative.
Salvia is not the same, DMT is much more, typically psychedelic. It`s pretty, colourful, geometric, and of course other worldly.
Salvia is much more.....alien.
You seem to come closer to experience raw chaos, the idea of infinity manifest. It can be very difficult to decipher.

One time I went with salvia I was able to see myself in the 4th dimension. I was this 4th dimension sausage person, starting as a little single cell moving through foetus, baby, teen, adult, and ending as an old person. I could then leaf through slices of this sausage person a lifetime in length, and pick any point and view memories from that point. Stuff I had forgotten about, weird little details of my life.
Then I went beyond that and stepped up a dimension and could view myself across all possible quantum possibilities. All the various, infinite timelines of possible "me`s". I eventually got lost in my infinite lives, and wanted to get back to my own life, but couldn't find which life was mine. That got pretty scarey, to think I would have to live the life of another me. Eventually I found my way back.

Before I had that experience, and this was some years ago, I couldn't get to grips with M theory, and some aspects of Quantum theory. Now it makes perfect sense and I keep up to speed with latest developments.

That is salvia on a good day....

:geek: :shock:
New Shit

wapwap!
unsure

Post by wapwap! »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Any powerful psychedelic can take you through ego death and beyond. It`s a frightening experience unless you are prepared for it.
i don't really see how you can be prepared for a such extreme experience. my first breakthroug was so intense, a brutal destruction of what i was and what was reality. i think if a bulldozer drives over you there must be a lot of similarities haha.
and this is just the first 15 seconds maybe.
at the same time i wasn't scared because everything changed, i just went through trying to keep calm. then it was hard to remember exactly what happened during the experience, apart the beginning and the end.

some memories went back when smoking smaller doses after.

before that i thought ego death would be a kind of fading/amnesia, like less important doses but on another scale.
but it can be very different.
for some people it's smoother, depends of a lot of things.

wapwap!
unsure

Post by wapwap! »

Lost to the Void wrote: Salvia is much more.....alien.
didn't tried salvia but DMT is 300% alien for me, with entities etc.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

wapwap! wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:
i don't really see how you can be prepared for a such extreme experience. my first breakthroug was so intense, a brutal destruction of what i was and what was reality. i think if a bulldozer drives over you there must be a lot of similarities haha.
and this is just the first 15 seconds maybe.
at the same time i wasn't scared because everything changed, i just went through trying to keep calm. then it was hard to remember exactly what happened during the experience, apart the beginning and the end.

some memories went back when smoking smaller doses after.

before that i thought ego death would be a kind of fading/amnesia, like less important doses but on another scale.
but it can be very different.
for some people it's smoother, depends of a lot of things.
If you are into very deep meditation practices, or occult processes such as Crossing the Abyss and communion with the holy guardian angel, then you will be more than prepared.

True ego death is a very resistive process. The ego is a defence mechanism at heart, so it really doesn`t like letting go.
Beyond that you lose identity as self, as you know, it`s quite wonderful but also frightening.
New Shit

wapwap!
unsure

Post by wapwap! »

Lost to the Void wrote:
If you are into very deep meditation practices, or occult processes such as Crossing the Abyss and communion with the holy guardian angel, then you will be more than prepared.

True ego death is a very resistive process. The ego is a defence mechanism at heart, so it really doesn`t like letting go.
Beyond that you lose identity as self, as you know, it`s quite wonderful but also frightening.
i was quite a lot in meditation years ago, learned how to control my dreams, how to project out of my body.

but it's very different with DMT. the harder part is to let go as you said, because it's really intense and impressive at breakthrough dose.

and there is that alien/maya/oriental connection thing which i have never experienced before.