Deadlocks (free dwld)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
celome
quasi-public
Deadlocks (free dwld)

Post by celome »

New track subsekt fellas !

Here is deadlocks.
Sounds like techno drawn into noise with "classic" psychedelic synth stabs.

Used mainly built-in plugs from ableton.
Kick was designed with subboombass for the sub and a sample for mid and top (roll off everything under 90 hz).
I also created a sub bass from a reverbed kick (valhalla room) to fill spaces between kicks.
Synth pattern is coming from the mighty analog. Used 2 oscillators with a lot of dissonance in order to get something different from those classic 90s sounds (saw and sine+lfo's+noise+amp envelope+filter envelope+ pitch envelope).
Other drum elements are samples processed with vocoder, delay, verb (lexicon) and redux.
Tape emulations were also used.

it's free ;)

Regards.

Célome
Music factory : https://soundcloud.com/celomemusic

New release :

Prophet 5rev4 - Model D behringer - Elektron Model:Cycles - Live 11 - push 2 - apc 40 -krk 6 g3 - ultrasone pro 550 - Elektron analog four mk2 - MacBook Pro - Akai lpk - Moog Minitaur

Subconcious
broke
Re: Deadlocks (free dwld)

Post by Subconcious »

Hi Celome,

I think it's my first post here, I'm looking for inspiration and improving my techniques, so I thought it would be best to listen to what others are putting out here. Your track sounds sweet in my ears, the lows are powerful and I can hear it when they kick back in. Minimalistic Techno, i love that

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I think that continuous noise is a bit much for me, other than that its a nice track. For me it would work better if this drone noise changed more over time, or possibly just EQ'd a bit more to be a bit more subtle.

You've got some really nice sounds, I'm liking the hats, kicks, bass... I like the noise movements in the lead sound especially.

celome
quasi-public

Post by celome »

To subconcious :

Yeah it's definitely great to see what members are doing and the way they crafted their sounds.
It's mainly about sound design and how from common things you can end up with new stuffs.
Also check mattias' topics about bass and kicks, you'll quickly learn basics of techno. For specific requirement The hole is the place !

To willemb :

Thanks for your piece of advice. Totally agree with what you've said.
This track was just old material and i wanted to use new techniques in order to "update" it.

4"30 with this noisy pad is really too much :lol:
Music factory : https://soundcloud.com/celomemusic

New release :

Prophet 5rev4 - Model D behringer - Elektron Model:Cycles - Live 11 - push 2 - apc 40 -krk 6 g3 - ultrasone pro 550 - Elektron analog four mk2 - MacBook Pro - Akai lpk - Moog Minitaur