Free online course on EQ

General Chat // Music Discussion
PixelKind
who is it?
Free online course on EQ

Post by PixelKind »

Hello Subsekt!

A friend just sent me the link to a free 10-video EQ course. It's for free after you subscribe to their youtube channel. I haven't watched it so dunno if it's any good but since its free there isnt much that can go wrong. Maybe some guys find it useful. It's 150 minutes in total. Here is the link:

http://adsrsounds.com/eq/eq-masterlass.html

willemb
Mild
Re: Free online course on EQ

Post by willemb »

The first parts were a bit basic for me, and there is a lot of "maybe" "kind of" "so" etc in there. To me he also seems a bit quick and un-precise with things, he's doing really narrow cuts on some peaks without tweaking the frequency carefully to actually ensure he hits the right peaks and not just next to them.

However, depending on your skill levels you might get some useful ideas from here.

oddmyth
Anba

Post by oddmyth »

Watched a bunch of them, pretty legit, in contrast I think he's doing actually using his ears instead of relying on what's on the screen to EQ and he's teaching people why you would EQ, instead of just EQ'ing blindly.

I liked how fast he managed to go through them all and didn't get caught fumbling around the interface. Pretty pro tutorials overall.
Cue 3 2013 - Devil's Advocate.

See what this is all about at oddmyth.ca

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I don't know about that whole "adsr" company.
That all started off with tutorials on Massive a few years back. (4 or 5 years ago ?)
Some of them were ok, some only so so.
Slowly but certainly the one guy company expanded to a few guys company,
and now they're doing tutorials on Absynth, Reaktor, FM8,... and probably a few others as well.

Problem is they are getting out of inspiration (and have been for a few years now in my opinion, I still receive their "hot new tutorial" links by mail every week or so), and more and more they are just trying to sell their preset packs instead of just getting down to making tutorials that are actually helpful instead of just explaining you how to make sound X or Y.

I have no idea if their EQ tutorials are any good, could be, but I have long since given up on checking out their emails. Money obviously has taken over. It probably staretd as some small side-project, and then one and eventually more people started living off this and the result was most of their stuff turned into crap. Now it's constantly mails like "blabla has released a new groundbreaking pakc of presets for XX, as a subscriber to adsr you are given a 30% discount till next friday"...

pfff... :roll:
At start they seemed different from the crowd, now they're just as worse as most of the others.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

yeah those emails about their sample packs are annoying a bit but i just delete them. the ones with tutorials i keep and sort (mostly) in case i wanna watch them sometime. there were a few good ones in it though. especially the ones on Reaktor are not so bad.

Maybe it's just easier to make money with sound packs...

I started watching the EQ tutorial and it's quite ok. Learned a few things already