New Track (Dub Techno)

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
calum666
No Avatar = Thick Bastard
New Track (Dub Techno)

Post by calum666 »

Hi everyone just produced this track over the last 2 days, still got a bit work to do, tidy stuff up a bit when I can get my monitors on (just been using headphones for now).

Its my first proper attempt at a dub track.

Welcome to any feedback good or bad, its all a learning experience right....

UN!T
Lifer
Re: New Track (Dub Techno)

Post by UN!T »

Sure... So what did you learn then?
C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol:

calum666

Post by calum666 »

I learnt that I can put a drum loop on an audio track with a vocoder on it and put a dubby sounding synth on a midi track and feed it into the vocoder that it creates some cool rhythmical sounding noises. get a filter, phaser and reverb after the vocoder on the audio channel and thats how i got my main sound.

qb748t394
fancy woman

Post by qb748t394 »

i think an amount of people around here might roll there eyes because they've been listening to techno for the past 30 years... and if your not doing cutting-edge stuff and offering "nothing new" then you'll be shredded.

now.. perhaps you've been listening to techno for 2 years, so you still have 28 years to "evolve"... which is not your fault... but... that won't be taken into consideration. :cry:

i think at times people forget about how long it took to get where they are, and therefore, they take for granted the time and processes that they've endured... but don't even waste time worryin' about that

I think its sounds like it definitely works man... and just keep doin what your doin :)

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

qb748t394 wrote:i think an amount of people around here might roll there eyes because they've been listening to techno for the past 30 years... and if your not doing cutting-edge stuff and offering "nothing new" then you'll be shredded.

now.. perhaps you've been listening to techno for 2 years, so you still have 28 years to "evolve"... which is not your fault... but... that won't be taken into consideration. :cry:

i think at times people forget about how long it took to get where they are, and therefore, they take for granted the time and processes that they've endured... but don't even waste time worryin' about that

I think its sounds like it definitely works man... and just keep doin what your doin :)
Oh yes the techno elitist snobs. :lol: The truth of the matter is that these people are cunts. It's a real fucking joke. They try to look down on others while offering nothing interesting themselves. The are like a fucking cancer with constant negativity and disparaging comments no matter what. Personally I just ignore the fucking windbags. And yeah I guess I have been listening to techno for a long time now but I try not to be a confrontational negative nancy all the time. Truth be told whiny little bitches are one of the main constants in techno over the years on boards and lists! :lol:
C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol:

Contort
athlete

Post by Contort »

qb748t394 wrote:i think an amount of people around here might roll there eyes because they've been listening to techno for the past 30 years... and if your not doing cutting-edge stuff and offering "nothing new" then you'll be shredded.

What are all these claims based off? Really sounds like the butthurt ramblings of someone who took a comment on thier track way too seriously (&negatively)

oddmyth
Anba

Post by oddmyth »

I think it sounds decent, only a couple of comments.

- Bassline is really wide in the stereo image, leaves a big hole in the middle of the stereo track.
- Very few elements in the middle of the stereo image, makes it feel hollow instead of large.
- Reverb on cymbals is a little too wet, adds to the strange stereo image.
- Not a lot of top end.

Other than that the sounds were mostly well balanced.
Cue 3 2013 - Devil's Advocate.

See what this is all about at oddmyth.ca

oddmyth
Anba

Post by oddmyth »

Wrong forum? I don't think anyone on Subsekt is 'shredding' anyone in regards to attempting to make music. That's what this forum is all about.
Cue 3 2013 - Devil's Advocate.

See what this is all about at oddmyth.ca

calum666

Post by calum666 »

oddmyth wrote:I think it sounds decent, only a couple of comments.

- Bassline is really wide in the stereo image, leaves a big hole in the middle of the stereo track.
- Very few elements in the middle of the stereo image, makes it feel hollow instead of large.
- Reverb on cymbals is a little too wet, adds to the strange stereo image.
- Not a lot of top end.

Other than that the sounds were mostly well balanced.
Thanks for the heads up oddmyth. I will try sort these issues out and see if I can get it sounding a bit better.

ross-alexander
endless

Post by ross-alexander »

not sure what the windbags said but regardless ill always listen to people with experience even if I dont like what they say!

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

UN!T wrote:

Oh yes the techno elitist snobs. :lol: The truth of the matter is that these people are cunts. It's a real fucking joke. They try to look down on others while offering nothing interesting themselves. The are like a fucking cancer with constant negativity and disparaging comments no matter what. Personally I just ignore the fucking windbags. And yeah I guess I have been listening to techno for a long time now but I try not to be a confrontational negative nancy all the time. Truth be told whiny little bitches are one of the main constants in techno over the years on boards and lists! :lol:

look guys a cunt!
Voices From Cindy's Cunt