War Cats

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
War Cats

Post by Lost to the Void »

For all you people with techno cats.

Here are the cats that served in the first world war..

Some kind of long range cat that gets fired behind enemy lines and then tears up the curtains in the commanders war room.

Here is the article about it
http://io9.com/a-gallery-of-cats-who-se ... 1624713212
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: War Cats

Post by Críoch »

Haha class. They probably lived on the rats that ate the corpses.

Wonder how many were eaten by the troops?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

beautiful !

one wonders why the cats even wanted to go near the trenches.
I mean, with all the noise of the battlefield one would think it's the last place they wanted to be.

as soon as mine hears too much noise or suspects there's someone unknown in the house, he goes hiding behind the couch, and he's a very sweet and social cat.

but then again, those were the days before catfood, when people still got a cat so it would eat the mice and rats.

mine has caught 3 mice in the 7 years I had him, the lazy bastard.
and I strongly suspect at least 2 of those must have been suicidal already...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Its funny..

Some of those photos - you know the way people in old photos look to sometimes be facially different or have stronger looks to 'us', well - the cats look the fucking same as the do now :D

G'wan the cats!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

How did i mis this. Its the best topic on subsekt

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

ICN wrote:Its funny..

Some of those photos - you know the way people in old photos look to sometimes be facially different or have stronger looks to 'us', well - the cats look the fucking same as the do now :D

G'wan the cats!
Ha ha ha, they must be fucking old now though, 700 in cat years?

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yeah, if you're a cat lover it sure is.

my parents (especially my mother) didn't want to get any pets since they already had 4 kids.
So my mother used to tell everyone I was allergic to cats (which was just one big lie of course).
They eventually got us 2 small red-cheecked turtles (now protected species) to stop us from nagging all the time, thinking they'd be dead in 2 weeks.
15 years later they were still cleaning the turtle's aquarium while their 4 kids were all long gone ... :lol:
In the end, my dad finally found some add in the newspapers from someone looking for new turtles after his turtles had died.
He picked up the phone and was almost yelling "when can I drop them off !!" (even though it was the other side of the country)
"money ?? no no NO !! no way man, you can have them for FREE !! The pleasure is all mine, trust me !!" :lol: :lol:

That'll teach 'em (the poor folks) !!

The irony of it all is that I'm kind of a cat magnet.
Seriously, everywhere I go and people have a cat and the say "ah, be careful, he/she can get mean", I can just get real close contact hugging them in no time,
and I'm always "out" just in time before they get more playful and try to get their claws into you. :D

Even with my own cat, he picked me out in the asylum, I didn't pick him out. But that's another story...

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Hades wrote:Even with my own cat, he picked me out in the asylum, I didn't pick him out. But that's another story...

Well if you have the time I'd be interested in your story.

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Hades wrote: Even with my own cat, he picked me out in the asylum, I didn't pick him out. But that's another story...
You should be grateful. My cat never came to see me when I was in the asylum!! :D

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

The irony of it all is that I'm kind of a pussy magnet.
Seriously, everywhere I go and people have a pussy and the say "ah, be careful, he/she can get mean", I can just get real close contact shagging them in no time,
and I'm always "out" just in time before they get more playful and try to get their hoof into you. :D

Even with my own pussy, she picked me out in the brothel, I didn't pick her out. But that's another story...
:mrgreen:
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mslwte wrote:

The irony of it all is that I'm kind of a pussy magnet.
Seriously, everywhere I go and people have a pussy and the say "ah, be careful, he/she can get mean", I can just get real close contact shagging them in no time,
and I'm always "out" just in time before they get more playful and try to get their hoof into you. :D

Even with my own pussy, she picked me out in the brothel, I didn't pick her out. But that's another story...
:mrgreen:
one of the best re-adjusted quotes.
just perfect ! :lol: :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Alume wrote:
Hades wrote:Even with my own cat, he picked me out in the asylum, I didn't pick him out. But that's another story...

Well if you have the time I'd be interested in your story.
ok, try to do a quick one (only 563987 characters this time).
had the girls for 48 hours solo (the mrs being on guard at the hospital),
and inbetween them craving for my constant attention I have my best mate who moved in here for well.. urm I'm hoping only a few weeks (could be months though),
and I pretty much constnatly have to worry about him barely eating, and him drinking even 2x as much as me,
and him being possibly dumb enough to move back in with one of his last 2 ex-es, both being perfectly wrong for him,
and him being completely unreasonable for weeks now...
it's eating away my energy... :x

anyway, no big story.
one day I went to the asylum to pick up a new kitten, and me and the mrs were kind of looking to get a "tiger" cat.
So there we are looking at a massive wall full of cages stuffed with kittens going "meow" all the time (there must have been 100 of them at least).
We both had a kitten in our hands, and we were kind of trying to decide which one to take...
Untill I noticed this one kitten in the top left cage, climbing the fence like crazy and going "meow" like 10x more enthousiastic than all the others together.
I thought "hell, let's at least take him into my arms for a few minutes", and I swear I had the little bugger in my hands for like 5 seconds and he was already purring like crazy and pushing his legs against my chin...
Now this kitten was UGLY !!! It was just a pure standard black 'n white cat like on the Felix commercials. According to the asylum those (together with the all black cats) are the ones that get left behind the most, and eventually are being put down. (he became beautiful afterwards though, people keep telling us how wonderful he looks)

So I just thought "fuck, if this guy is so sweet from the very start, I gotta take this bugger", and so I did.
We took him with us in a small cage, and I swear when we entered the house and put the cage down, you could hear him spinning from outside the cage. The little guy didn't even know where he was going to, and yet he was already perfectly happy.
First night we put him in a big old rabbit cage, since we weren't really sure he was "clean". He kept going "meow" all night untill we had to open the cage, and immediately he jumped on the few stairs to our bedroom, and the only place he wanted to sleep was in my neck (!!!) :shock: :)
(trust me when I say this : kittens usually don't smell so great right next to your face when you're falling asleep)

When he became bigger, he started sleeping on my back.
Later on he slept above my wife's head, perfectly curling himself around her head.
Then eventually he found a pillow or chair or whatever in our bedroom.
Funny thing is, as soon as my wife got pregnant, he started sleeping on her pillow again, curled around her head, he did that with both our kids.
He is the sweetest (though rather lazy) cat ever !! He has no problems whatsoever with children. Most cats HATE kids (and usually for a good reason).
Mine has almost never done anything to harm my kids, and if he ever did lift a paw, it was because he's either playing or they have been bothering him for far too long and I haven't noticed it.
And even then he usually just walks away.
My cat's the sweetest pacifist you can possibly find. (and you can tell cause he's constantly losing fights in my garden / his territory) :)

I have another story of a previous cat picking me out as well (but I'll save that for some other day).
and yet another of how I learned my friends cat (staying with me for 3 months while he was gone to India) to sleep underneath the sheets inbetween me and the mrs...
BAD mistake !! in the middle of the night you turn in your sleep and you start crushing the cat, who immediately puts his sharp nails into your bare back...
Not a nice feeling I can tell you... :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I remember when he was still a kitten, and I'd be sitting in the sofa,
and all he'd basically do was run around in little circles around my head (walking on my chest or the sofa behind my head), constantly banging his head against mine, purring like crazy.
It was almost manic...

I'm still kind of sorry I missed his "puberty" years for a big part cause I was gone to Cuba for 2 weeks back then.
When I left he was still a little kitten, slowly growing,
when I came back he was like a semi full grown cat.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Great story man, I love cats. I chose my parents current cat a few years ago when he was 10 cm long. He had the most amazing patterns and just had a great attitude. When he came home he was always playfull wanting to cuddle.

these days I sometimes realize that Ive missed him (slightly)more than my parents when I come home from the city to visit.

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol:

Darkfloor
crud

Post by Darkfloor »

Nice post Steve. Dem some cool pussy cats.

arc
^^ Has a Drumcode Tattoo

Post by arc »

GLinet
Little chief

Post by GLinet »

ICN wrote:Its funny..

G'wan the cats!

I was thinking the same thing. The cats almost looks photoshopped, but's just the incongruity in my head.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

this is my cat in full combat mode...

if the Germans had him, they wouldn't have lost 2 world wars ! hah ! :mrgreen: