Dark Envoy Track

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Lost Signal
Interact. Don't Spam.
Dark Envoy Track

Post by Lost Signal »

Hi I am new here and just getting back into production after a couple of years break due to being busy. Could any of you guys give us any feedback on the mix down or point out any obvious mistakes that I am not getting.

Thanks

wapwap!
unsure
Re: Dark Envoy Track

Post by wapwap! »

interesting track, some great sounds.

mattie
refusenik

Post by mattie »

Thanks

Lost Signal
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Lost Signal »

Thanks guys, it was tips on the mixdown sound placement kinda things I was after and hope to get a better understanding of where I am at with this is what I was after.

mattie
refusenik

Post by mattie »

Some processing ideas or tips be great too

Bromi
BAD

Post by Bromi »

First tip would be the beat sounds a bit to quantised there is no real swing/groove you need to delay some tracks by a few miliseconds and add some more off beat percussion In ableton if you use the track delay function thats what im talking about not a delay fx,

The bit a 4 mins really sticks out I like that a lot I would have maybe used that a full basis for another track idea

Theres some cool sounds going on and nice little drum breaks they just need to feel a little more natural look into automating velocity and adding swing good job though in all, I think there is plenty of space in the mix I would have filled it a little more with fx and the like.

Hope thats of use

mattie
refusenik

Post by mattie »

Nice feedback thanks, never considered the track delay tip worth experimenting with it for sure.Interesting you pointed at the 4 minute mark too as it became a focus during arranging,your comment has just made the idea more likely.
Good point on the use of fx its an area that needs more work for sure.
Thanks again for the help

sergiobR1
Wastedddd

Post by sergiobR1 »

there is no issues for me, i think u should try another kick pattern, NOT 4x4 dude hahah, dont change anything else
we speak of art with flaming passion
then do work void of compassion
and wonder why reality is bleeding fiction