What Mixing Desks Did They Use To Overdrive 909s / Techno?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: What Mixing Desks Did They Use To Overdrive 909s / Tech

Post by Críoch »

Oh I know.. I probably would buy something there mate. Get a photo taken with it & everything haha - autographed & all :mrgreen:

Space echo? I sold it for €450. Was lucky to get it for €100, so made a great return on it. I don't think you would have liked it Tom tbh. It was tip top, but the tolex was a bit rough.

Was even luckier to get a 7mth old MDuw mkII for €650. There's always great things out there if you keep your eyes open.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

450 ???
I would have given you that.
Probably more.

Probably even if my laptop was broken, my soundcard needed replacement and one of my monitors was acting funny. :lol:
(not that that ever happened, thank god)

I am that stupid ! :D
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

There's one just gone up for sale here for 600€. He'll probably get around 500. €450 was a fair price for mine. I'm not greedy mate haha
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lesson number one: Don't underestimate... the other guy's greed!
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

ICN wrote:Oh I know.. I probably would buy something there mate. Get a photo taken with it & everything haha - autographed & all :mrgreen:

Space echo? I sold it for €450. Was lucky to get it for €100, so made a great return on it. I don't think you would have liked it Tom tbh. It was tip top, but the tolex was a bit rough.

Was even luckier to get a 7mth old MDuw mkII for €650. There's always great things out there if you keep your eyes open.
Who cares what it looks like, its all about the sound!!!! :D

450? That's a bit cheap for one over there innit? Works out to about 700 here. Generally you guys are paying 30% more at least on every item. A 201 one came up on CL here yesterday, $750 & claims its ""in top shape." My current one is minty still. Then one day I noticed it still had the plastic sticker on the the VU meter from new. Peeled it off. +/-30 years of pot smoke resin on it. It was a brown film, fucking disgusting. Fuckers!!! :twisted: Smoke your shit outside! Not so minty maybe.... Still its awesome. Looks great, feels great and sounds the business. I am seriously tempted to buy a 2nd one. Really I want a 501, 301 or Echoplex. Mainly for sound on sound feature and chorus on the 501. Maybe I will buy the 201 and keep both until I can get a 501...
C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol:

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

Hades wrote:
Lesson number one: Don't underestimate... the other guy's greed!

:mrgreen:
C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol:

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

If I wanted to make some overdriven drums ITB... what would be some good software to do that with?

Just turn up the gain on all my plugs and see which one makes the best noise or is there a "definite" this one does it better scenario?

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Most plugins will not result in a nice overdrive sound at all when turning up the gain... it will result in just loud volume, or in digital clipping.

What you should use for this, I am not sure though.... On Logic there is an overdrive knob on the exs-24 sampler, and there is an overdrive plugin, but i am not sure if these would give the desired result.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Plyphon wrote:If I wanted to make some overdriven drums ITB... what would be some good software to do that with?

Just turn up the gain on all my plugs and see which one makes the best noise or is there a "definite" this one does it better scenario?
Don't turn up the gain on your plugs, you could incur digital clipping. Gain staging is as important itb as it is with hardware.

You could get a channel simulator, like the Sonimus satson or Britson, and drive the inputs, as they are designed for this, for pleasant channel drive/saturation.

Or you can get one of the many great drive/saturation plugins.

Sound toys decapitator, or klanghelm SDRR for example.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

Nice, thanks both.

That SDRR looks ideal for 20 euro.

AMorant
rescued

Post by AMorant »

http://www.logicprohq.com/wp-content/up ... nciter.jpg
itb this works great, turn the gain knob for your liking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEIdtCNRNtI used it o this track, i think i actually ran the entire mix through it on this one.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Cool - Will check that out. Hadn't heard of that one before