2 new tracks

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
atom_output
Jan : )
2 new tracks

Post by atom_output »

hey guys :)

so i guess it's time for another round of me talking endlessly about my newly uploaded songs.

first one is Change of Terrain

it's a song that has seen some shit and it has transformed into a hopefully fun offbeat madness. i can't even count how many months have passed since i laid the ground basis for this one, and now i see (even though you probably can't) how much can a seemingly simple techno track be a document of time and change. only if you work slow and careful on your art, i don't see how is that possible otherwise :) at first i wanted to score some rrose vibe on this with modulating weirdness that is grinding your brain into little shreds, but i stopped fucking around with it once i got this semi-melodical, i guess a bit polyrhytmical type of style. i mean, i can't hear any technical problems because of my room, so i'll leave the harsh criticism to you guys

the other one

this was a fun little 2-hour jam which involved me recording my air conditioner (noisy bastard as you can surely tell), processing those sounds. and laying a basic kick drum pattern behind it. the result is hellish to say the least. so everything is very much ORGANIC as people like to call it. i kinda like the sounds my AC started to produce. but i couldn't resist really going crazy with the effects such as ring modulator and freq shifters for some elements.

have a nice/day/evening :)

mattie
refusenik
Re: 2 new tracks

Post by mattie »

Good work ,he start of the first track reminds me a little of Jeff Mills(melodic polyrhythm sound) ,then changes to a different type of style ,serious momentum throughout really like it.
Love the air con samples and effects in the second track it sounds vast, some variation on the kick drum based on points where the textures change rhytmically may yield positive results.(perhaps listening with notepad away from pc monitor would allow you to take note of times where the kick drum changes might occur.Hope this generates a few thoughts.

Barskiniov
skaghead

Post by Barskiniov »

Yo,

I really like the polyrythms or the rythm in general in "change of terrain". Arrangement wise I have nothing to add, but I would consider to take a look at the lower frequencies to see where the peaks are in order to find a few resonances to kill them. It is too boomy for my taste.... Both tracks are nice!

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

The first one is really good, one of the better techno demos I've heard on this site.

The second one I didn't care for much, it was a bit too basic, with nothing grabbing the attention really.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

aerialingo
Get a fucking avatar

Post by aerialingo »

Man, this is really cool. Getting mindfucked by Change of Terrain as we speak. :) Keep it up!

atom_output
Jan : )

Post by atom_output »

thanks everybody :)

yeah, the 2nd track is nothing special, basic techno rhythm, i just thought it was interesting how fucked up my AC sounds now that it is almost 30 years old :)

mattie
refusenik

Post by mattie »

I thought the air con one had interesting textured type grooves that could be edited and used