Surgeon Interview. Performing and DJing with ableton

General Chat // Music Discussion
asm
crud
Re: Surgeon Interview. Performing and DJing with ableton

Post by asm »

nicknack wrote:when i was 19/20 and spending all my money on his records i always thought that surgeon was some kind of super-genius-new-step-in-evolution-for-mankind type a guy. that and the whole house of god thing suggested to me that, well, he thought he was GOD at the very least
HOG is Chris' night which Surgeon is a resident at. It really isn't a place where they worship anyone - just an old record and a good theme for some tongue-in-cheek flyers.

If you haven't been you should go, its a down to earth place with lots of nice people. I even met my wife there!

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

ICN wrote:If you banned everyone that had an opinion y'd have no friends.
Why was Umek banned? Was it the music? :mrgreen:
C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol:

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Hilfiger...selling ghetto style to white kids and suburban style to black kids.
What a cunt! As for the poor fucks that buy into this shit...well, that's (ugly) marketing right there ..

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

I love it. And it may be my favorite mid-class designer clothes brand.
You have to systematically create confusion, it sets creativity free. Everything that is contradictory creates life.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

surface wrote:Sounds like a case of that saying; you should never meet your heroes ..
I'm always sad after I meet you :D
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lag wrote:The "Industrial Music" logo is not the Auschwitz crematory because they are Nazi scum. It's because they see it as the worlds biggest ever sacrificial offering. It's an interpretation that you can't really blame them for, but at the same time it suggests they are Nazi scum. So people talk. The ones who know the "true" meaning will try to explain it to those who jump to the first conclusion and hype builds up, people are informed of their existence. TG didn't really care that it's the largest sacrificial offering, they just knew that it's a great marketing trick that will work well to their favor, and thanks to it (and a number of similar manipulations and provocations) - people who grew up on disco would go and listen to Hamburger Lady and be fascinated by it.
Check this out.
youtu.be/Jv-A7TIn0VA

Basically the point of this kind of marketing is for people to talk. What I'm trying to say is - it didn't really hit you the right way. :)

great advertisement can make such a difference...

youtu.be/se0TMqjP2yQ

:mrgreen:

Mr hilfingers campaign reminds me of the "Paradise City" video.
Guns n' Roses was still relatively unkown at that point,
and the video is shot with them playing to a full sold out stadium as if they're the absolute kings of rock.
Thing is though : that show was when they played as warming up act for Aerosmith,
so that's why the whole stadium was sold out.
It worked very well for their career too.

Still, I'll never be much of a fan of all those marketing tricks.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

Yet they deserve the crowd and you see them in their true light.
There are people like Freddie Mercury who know that if you present yourself as the king, with time people will see you as a king. There are people like who know nothing about it because they never took interest in presentation and concentrated only on the music.
Just think about it - Inigo Kennedy had more than a hundred vinyl releases before joining Token, yet he was never particularly big, or hyped up. All the people "in the know" used to say that he deserves so much more recognition for what he does, yet the way he presented his work left everyone speechless when you ask them "what's your favorite Inigo track". It was madness! A brilliant DJ, a brilliant producer, yet nobody knows! Then he joins a label run by someone who knows how to run and present a label, and suddenly - boom. He explodes and everyone goes apeshit over his music, as they should.

Yeah, marketing can be shit when it produces a Miley Cyrus, but it is also good when you get Boards of Canada or Zebra Katz.
You have to systematically create confusion, it sets creativity free. Everything that is contradictory creates life.

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Hilfiger and techno...that's just nasty in my book. Fucked up nasty ..

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

ICN wrote:
surface wrote:Sounds like a case of that saying; you should never meet your heroes ..
I'm always sad after I meet you :D
It's hard to live up to the hype!
I can only disappoint in the end ..

nicknack
BANNED

Post by nicknack »

the whole HOG thing is not tongue in cheek. it represents an attitude/afront toward religion and christianity in particular. my theory is that since the guy is middle class english, his parents were probably church goers and at some point in his life there came the conflict with that and something else. it could have been his music or maybe his oriental partner. is his partner oriental? i could've sworn i read an oriental surname somewhere. she manages a lot of his affairs. as it happens, i personally feel that same conflict because being a christian means that you shun hedonism and materialism. what better way to come to terms with that conflict than to simply throw one end of it out of the window. my choice is to live with the contradiction keeping both music and christianity (to some degree) in my life. christianity, i've come to realize, is of huge importance to me because it is the basis of my culture. music and techno is only a tiny part of that. under christian doctrine, i believe there's no escaping paradox unless you live and die like a perfect christian... or perfect devil for that matter. anything in between and you end up with chameleon eyes. eyes that look in opposite directions simultaneously. that is what i feel like sometimes. i will guarantee you, the last place you'll ever see my face is at HOG. not because of the whole blasphemy thing but rather because it looks like a fucking zoo.

incidentally with out something like a christian doctrine i reckon the world would go to shit. cannibalism would become a fashion statement. human fetuses would be come a dining delicacy. burning one or two of your children would bring you good fortune. pimping your underage daughters in times of hardship would be understandable. throwing widows in large ovens would become convenient since they would no longer be useful anymore. genocide and ethnic cleansing would become a matter of process.

i can see how all of this would be offensive to people who don't consider themselves christian. all i can say is that you shouldn't take offence. my interpretation of christianity -- which i'm sure is fucked but still -- says let people get on with their own thing and don't treat them any differently for it, in fact treat them as family. that is why i can still reconcile performing at HOG. just because Tony hates christianity doesn't mean i should think him any worse. it's not my job to judge.

if you try and eliminate all contradictions from life you either become the devil or an angel. the former pure nothingness and the latter not allowed on this earth.

Lag
athlete

Post by Lag »

Christianity would be fine if they updated it once in a while.

As for HOG - you just wrote three paragraph based on what you think HOG stands for. This is the point. I remember Regis telling some poor soul that he wrote a book, and the guy came to the Nursery inquiring as to where he can find it. And now I'm talking about it. At one point so many people were talking about Regis (who's output at the time was pretty weak) that Luka had to filter his word to Coconut, so people would feel retarded when mentioning him. He is the master of this. There is a rumor he did all the User. records. There is also a rumor that he did most of Function's early output. There are countless rumors of Regis. And people just keep talking about, and booking a guy who doesn't even have a Soundcloud page. It's just a different kind of marketing.

nicknack
BANNED

Post by nicknack »

here's what i think. you can suck my cock right after surgeon does. but only one of you gets the cream. i'll let you choose. FUCK OFF.

edit : i'm really, really sorry. there's me being selfish again. what i should have said is that you can go give surgeon a blow job. don't worry about me, i'll sit the fun out this time.

wapwap!
unsure

Post by wapwap! »

nicknack wrote:here's what i think. you can suck my cock right after surgeon does. but only one of you gets the cream. i'll let you choose. FUCK OFF.

i have to say dicknack is very good at promoting himself.

nicknack
BANNED

Post by nicknack »

wapwap! wrote:
nicknack wrote:here's what i think. you can suck my cock right after surgeon does. but only one of you gets the cream. i'll let you choose. FUCK OFF.

promoting? what on earth are you on about? too many people promote themselves. it's become a promotion free-for-all. fuck that. i just want to have fun. no ambition here.

wapwap!
unsure

Post by wapwap! »

nicknack wrote:
wapwap! wrote:

promoting? what on earth are you on about? too many people promote themselves. it's become a promotion free-for-all. fuck that. i just want to have fun. no ambition here.
you are the god of self promotion dicknack.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I'd ask to have a pint of what dicknack is having if I thought there was any left haha :D

Bloody hell man.. Find reality quick & grab hold of it with all your might!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

edit : i'm really, really sorry. there's me being selfish again. what i should have said is that you can go give surgeon a blow job. don't worry about me, i'll sit the fun out this time.
I'll tell ya, I've read some shite over the years but this post is absolute nonsense. Embarrassing stuff man.

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Image :lol:

nicknack
BANNED

Post by nicknack »

@wapwap!

i'll take that as a complement coming from a fellow animal enthusiast. did i ever tell you about the time i nearly fucked my pet fox terrier. i chickened out at the last minute because he started whimpering and i realized my cock was simply to large for his arse. puberty what a schlep. i still have a few more dirty secrets to divulge. i asked my sister to give me a blow job and it ended up in my diving her instead the wiley little minx. i felt guilty for years and thought i was i child molester. she was 12 and i was just about to turn 16. but as it turns out, maybe she's the master mind here. what else. my mother's made sexual passes at me multiple times but thankfully i've never followed that course. many many attempts have been made to lead me into gaydom but i've successfully routed all of them. what else? oh yes, i shat my pants to the ripe age of 14. probably one of the reasons i didn't have many friends then. there we go all my filthy dirty secrets out.

wapwap!
unsure

Post by wapwap! »

nicknack wrote:@wapwap!

i'll take that as a complement coming from a fellow animal enthusiast. did i ever tell you about the time i nearly fucked my pet fox terrier. i chickened out at the last minute because he started whimpering and i realized my cock was simply to large for his arse. puberty what a schlep. i still have a few more dirty secrets to divulge. i asked my sister to give me a blow job and it ended up in my diving her instead the wiley little minx. i felt guilty for years and thought i was i child molester. she was 12 and i was just about to turn 16. but as it turns out, maybe she's the master mind here. what else. my mother's made sexual passes at me multiple times but thankfully i've never followed that course. many many attempts have been made to lead me into gaydom but i've successfully routed all of them. what else? oh yes, i shat my pants to the ripe age of 14. probably one of the reasons i didn't have many friends then. there we go all my filthy dirty secrets out.
too long i have a movie to watch.