Bad News Everywhere

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: Bad News Everywhere

Post by Hades »

another thing about "Dirty Wars" :
I just watched it on youtube, but there were no subtitles like with the other documentary.
Is there a version somewhere with subtitles, so we can actually understand what all the Afghani, Somali,... and so on are saying.
I mean, the reporter says "only later on I realized what the little girl was saying"
Well, what the fuck was she saying cause I sure as hell didn't know with no subtitles.
That annoyed me like hell.
If there is a version somewhere with subtitles and I was too dumb to find it, please do let me know.
I'd be much obliged.
I'd love to know what she really said.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Hades wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:I've watched 2 very interesting documentaries recently.
One called Dirty Wars, is crazy, essentially about the increasing amount of covert operations conducted worldwide by the US, and how the JSOC department of the US military, due to its "successful" assassination of bin laden has had it's massive budget expanded even further, and are now expanding their already huge operations around the globe. Frightening.
Just finished that one.
I don't know, I got mixed feelings about that one.
I especially didn't like how it was kind of manipulative with the soundtrack and the dumb footage of the reporter (wow, he goes grocery shopping, what the fuck did that shot had to do in there ? Was that just to stress out what a hero he was entering warzones ?).
But most of all, what's so shocking about it ?
I mean, what does JSOC do that is so much different than what CIA has been doing for so many years ?
To me it just seems like another version of the same kind of war games, and yeah, it's growing bigger and bigger, like their kill-list.
But no real surprise to me, really.

The guy started off saying how he could feel he wasn't seeing the real war.
I remember one of my classes at univ where one of our professors told me that even as early as the 1st Gulf War (if not sooner) things like that were common practice : keep the "good" journalists at approx 50km from the front lines and feed the news you want. Keep the rest in a tent camp at 300km from the front lines and feed them almost nothing.

I saw the DVD box of "Homeland" laying around at my parents place, my mom had borrowed it from my sister. To kill some boring nights I watched the 1st season a while ago. Though I have to admit you are sometimes sitting on the top of your chair, I really gave up after that 1st season. It's so much USA propaganda for it's war on terror that it's damn right annoying. Plus I was ready to punch Claire Danes in the face with all her over-acting... :?
The CIA has always been reasonably concentrated or constrained.
JSOC is just huge, it`s covert, but essentially a division the same as the marines.
I don`t think any other military can compare to that.
Remember the CIA isn`t military as such.
JSOC is and they have all the toys, whereas the CIA might go through agents, use locals etc.
JSOC just turn up covered in guns and tanks and shit.
Essentially they can just bowl in and do what the CIA would have tried to get others to do for them with drugs or money or whatever.
It`s about as uncovert as a covert agency can be.

Just look at the Binladen assassination, it was a total clusterfuck.
If the SAS or Shayatet 13 had of done the same mission, no bastard would have known about it, not the locals, nothing. It would have been quick and clean.

And now the budget is inflated, as the doc implies, they are going to want to hang on to that budget, so they are gonna be gung ho blasting the shit out of anything they can. As long as all the witnesses are dead, like what happened in Yemen, then all is good.

And look at what happened in Yemen, the president himself, mr Obama, Signed a fucking request so that certain journalist who was exposing what happened be kept under wraps, essentially as a political prisoner, he had committed no crime.
A direct fucking request from the pres. So blatant, no cloak and dagger.
The US is getting so brazen it is unreal.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Hades wrote:another thing about "Dirty Wars" :
I just watched it on youtube, but there were no subtitles like with the other documentary.
Is there a version somewhere with subtitles, so we can actually understand what all the Afghani, Somali,... and so on are saying.
I mean, the reporter says "only later on I realized what the little girl was saying"
Well, what the fuck was she saying cause I sure as hell didn't know with no subtitles.
That annoyed me like hell.
If there is a version somewhere with subtitles and I was too dumb to find it, please do let me know.
I'd be much obliged.
I'd love to know what she really said.
I can`t remember, I think so, I watched it on Netflix.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:That poor US Colonel, he`s trying to make some kind of change, and he is powerless and knows it, you can see his soul being crushed as the documentary goes on. When he is having to sit at the same table as these paedo`s, especially the big guy in charge who essentially says "what do you want me to do, arrest my own men?, it is what it is".

That guy will be definitely suffering from PTSD when he gets back to the US.
yeah that guy definitely had all my heart.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:The CIA has always been reasonably concentrated or constrained.
JSOC is just huge, it`s covert, but essentially a division the same as the marines.
I don`t think any other military can compare to that.
Remember the CIA isn`t military as such.
JSOC is and they have all the toys, whereas the CIA might go through agents, use locals etc.
JSOC just turn up covered in guns and tanks and shit.
Essentially they can just bowl in and do what the CIA would have tried to get others to do for them with drugs or money or whatever.
It`s about as uncovert as a covert agency can be.

Just look at the Binladen assassination, it was a total clusterfuck.
If the SAS or Shayatet 13 had of done the same mission, no bastard would have known about it, not the locals, nothing. It would have been quick and clean.

And now the budget is inflated, as the doc implies, they are going to want to hang on to that budget, so they are gonna be gung ho blasting the shit out of anything they can. As long as all the witnesses are dead, like what happened in Yemen, then all is good.

And look at what happened in Yemen, the president himself, mr Obama, Signed a fucking request so that certain journalist who was exposing what happened be kept under wraps, essentially as a political prisoner, he had committed no crime.
A direct fucking request from the pres. So blatant, no cloak and dagger.
The US is getting so brazen it is unreal.
true, JSOC looks a lot more like a loose canon than CIA,
of course we'll never really get to know, but I think CIA has done similar stuff though.
Not as blatant though, absolutely.
But what would we know, I mean, what do we get to see of all they ever do and have done in the past ?
CIA has covered up more than enough as well.
but yeah I can see your point, totally.

That journalist and the 16 year old son at the end though, those 2 were definitely the saddest parts.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I think the difference is that the CIA is genuinely covert, JSOC is just undeclared. Rather than plausible deniability they are just flat out killing everyone and suppressing anyone they can to get away with it. It's lazy, the opposite of (military) intelligence, but in a way it makes more sense for the US, it's probably cheaper in the long run.
I think it can pretty much sum up the US military though, what it lacks in intelligence and finesse it makes up with sheer firepower.
Too dumb to use a precision blade? Just drive a tank over it and bomb it to Kingdom come.
New Shit

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

My biggest dream is to see our world burn. Or more precise all humans.

Simple and effective.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Sweet, let's meet up someday, catch a last drink while we watch the world burn.
New Shit

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

I'm game.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Nihilistic cunts. The Jedi's will win one day.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Not likely, we'll be toasting marshmallows on the burning Jedi corpses. All those robes make great kindling.
New Shit

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Mslwte wrote:...they are kept poor and uneducated so that the entire world can rape the continent for its resources. It is disgusting and everyone is to blame, Africa fuels consumerism, it provides the raw materials.

Been like this for a very very long time, always has been like that. Saw this article recently, its quite illustrative of how Africa is abused by the west.

http://thisisafrica.me/world-scams-afri ... id-africa/

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

And incase anyone missed it, this says it all really about the reasons for the Ukraine mess. Business as usual.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol:

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol: