Filters

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Filters

Post by Lost to the Void »

oddmyth wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote: I'm torn wether or not to buy an ebow for my guitar or go with a violin bow.
I'd say both, ebow is better for sustaining long single notes, bow is better for chords and accidentals, but much harder to generate sustain. Violin bows are the longest so the create the best sustain, but cello bows are also pretty interesting as you can get more force out of them (especially if you prefer thicker guitar strings).
I`m using low tunings and tenor strings, drop C mostly.
I think perhaps ebow might be more what I am looking for then, as I want to use long sustained notes edging on feedback.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

LaurentOrchard wrote:I'v been struggling to get decent feedback as well.
The simplest of distortion pedals run through a mixer aux will give you great aggressive and 'alive' sounding feedback.

Lost to the Void wrote:I'm torn wether or not to buy an ebow for my guitar or go with a violin bow.
Get both, ebow's are amazing lots of my guitarist mates use them, you can get awesome sounds with it.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

LaurentOrchard
pregnant

Post by LaurentOrchard »

msl wrote:
LaurentOrchard wrote:I'v been struggling to get decent feedback as well.
The simplest of distortion pedals run through a mixer aux will give you great aggressive and 'alive' sounding feedback.

Lost to the Void wrote:I'm torn wether or not to buy an ebow for my guitar or go with a violin bow.
Get both, ebow's are amazing lots of my guitarist mates use them, you can get awesome sounds with it.

I should get a mixer. I have enough distortion pedals and vintage guitar tube preamp to kill so small animals.

It goes to eleven let me tell you.

ekwipt
Smore

Post by ekwipt »

Love the Cytomic The Drop, some cool LFOS and modulation option, man the beta has taken a while to become for release, looking forward to some different modelling on the filters as well.

Also use the Soundtoys stuff and have Ubhik which were some of my first plugin FX I bought and stupill use them.

Also use the stock Ableton, Logic and Maschine filters as well

serial
rescued

Post by serial »

I recently downloaded tone2 bifilter & it's interesting ^^