BANNED
Jon Titor - Alternate Fiction (14)

Post by nicknack »

hi people, a track anew;

nicknack
BANNED
Re: Jon Titor - Alternate Fiction (14)

Post by nicknack »

dam, just listened to this on hs7 at westend dj and the sub is totally lacking. hopeless. at any rate, the practice is invaluable. although i am questioning why i keep posting these. i think it's got to do with testing for a response. seeing what'll happen. totally subconscious though and not immediately intentional. i'm a little discouraged now. don't feel like making any tracks. although i'll pat myself on the back and say that this one did sound good on my earbuds. fuck it and off... i go; that's off i go. i'm not intentionally telling anyone to fuck off.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

It sounds quite sharp on the highs to me, but there is definitely a brutal bass present there, very deep though. Possibly could just be fixed by playing around with the mix a bit. I think this is the best thing I have heard from you, some of your other tracks had a much more preset and less sound designy feel. That feedback build in the break around 2:00 is sick! Dont give up on this track please, I want it in full effect.

Funnily enough it gets a bit too busy for me after 5:00 or so, just make minimal d*bstep bass will you?

nicknack
BANNED

Post by nicknack »

gee thanks for the comments mate. all the bass is around 30-40hz so won't be audible on most monitors but does sound great on my earbuds which respond from 20hz up. i did the feedback with izotope trash sent to delay buss then send a small fraction of that back to trash. i'll try moving the bass up to C1 but it's pointless right now. i think i'll wait till i've got proper monies. you're right it does get a little dense at about 5:00 but the fact is that there are still only three or four parts. the density is all due to the delay feedback and distortion.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

You said it about the sub. Get that shit sorted!!!!!!!

The highs are unbelievably crisp.

For me, it get's really going when the new elements are introduced (5mins), loving the stereo flourishes. It's proper rocking by the end.