25%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 4

Frarnce
fake
First finished track

Post by Frarnce »

This is probably the first 'techno' track I have actually finished and got mastered etc.

I can't work out if it is good enough for release anymore though.
Please give me your opinions and harsh criticism etc. Cheers

LaurentOrchard
pregnant
Re: First finished track

Post by LaurentOrchard »

Common man, you have 2 posts. xD i mean jesus.

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

given you seem to have come from a bit of a more house background the production on this shows that

and for the style you have produced it in , it doesn't fit the structure of the song

if your going to do a more minimal deep techno type of track pull your mix back , give things more depth , more layers.

this is produced more like a tech house sort of commercial track , yet all there is is one note driving the track with not much else happening

kinda needs to go one way or the other . this is stuck in no mans land a bit

I quite like your track smoke . nice . deep . id give this track a bit more of that vibe

this is just my personal taste tho . ymmv

Frarnce
fake

Post by Frarnce »

Cheers TvSky, I'm not particularly from a house background, but I understand why you think that from my recent soundcloud posts.
I wasn't aiming for commercial tech house at all, I was hoping it might fit as the lighter track on a more darker industrial techno release, but I guess it's overproduced and maybe lost something in the mastering too..

krypt
Smore

Post by krypt »

Hi,

just listened to the track. Production is nice (as for the first track). You have good starting point. Try to toy with each sound (kick, hihats, clap), compressing and eq'ing it. That's about the production. If you ask about overall impression, it is not techno for me. It's just semantics, but I mean, that 4x4 rhythm with regular hihat, 130BPM and some clap doesn't make a techno track (formally, it does, but I am sure you aim for something better, as we all do, and ask each others opinnion to achieve it). The main work here is to develop some kind of your own driving idea, a pattern that makes you move and is behind the scheme. The same goes for atmosphere and feeling. Music is to old to repeat hackneyed formulas, and some good sounding kick with hihat doesnt get the job done.
Keep working and post the results here. Try to astonish experienced listeners - it will be good determinant of how good the track is.
P.S. a lot of words written here is from my personal approach and some people would disagree, but that's what I think.

cheers!

Frarnce
fake

Post by Frarnce »

Thanks for the comments. This is a track I did a while ago, thinking about finishing it soon, but would like some comments, what do you think?
cheers

wouterdewitte

Post by wouterdewitte »

second track is much more interesting!
"People who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music"
Momentvm Records

Frarnce
fake

Post by Frarnce »

Thanks, any more opinions on the second track?

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

Agree, the second one is much better. The bassline is particularly good.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/