FabFilter 40% off for 10 days

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
tdmusic
Informer
Re: FabFilter 40% off for 10 days

Post by tdmusic »

Is Pro-Q worth getting by the way? I've spent very little time learning more than the basics of EQing and kind of assumed EQ8 would do the job, so not sure if I'd pick up on the differences, but if it's worth picking up a good one while the price is right (showing as £70 for me) and it'll be useful in future then I could be tempted...

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

[quote "tdmusic"]Is Pro-Q worth getting by the way? I've spent very little time learning more than the basics of EQing and kind of assumed EQ8 would do the job, so not sure if I'd pick up on the differences, but if it's worth picking up a good one while the price is right (showing as £70 for me) and it'll be useful in future then I could be tempted...[/quote]

Pro-q is amazing. It's advantages over eq8 for me are its linear phase mode, 6db filter slopes and the workflow is much better. It's probably a luxury buy, but at 70 you'd probably make a small profit on it 2nd hand on kvr in 6 months.

I'm really impressed with pro-mb.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Why did I click on this?

There goes my a part of my rent.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Can I share it with my mates when I buy one? They use mac though.

I've never bought a plugin before.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Guess its possible
Yes. FabFilter license keys are personal and contain your name. So you may install and license FabFilter plug-ins them on multiple computers (both Windows and OS X, 32-bit or 64-bit), as long as you are the one using them. For example, you can use the plug-ins on both your studio computer and live laptop, etc.

Multiple-seat licenses are needed for studios that would like to install the plug-ins in various studio rooms, or school that would like to install the software in their class room computers or studios, etc.

SigEnt
will fuck for food

Post by SigEnt »

Damn you all to hell..

Love Saturn, defiantly getting that, actually quite impressed by Fab Filter Twin2 synth do any of you guys use this?

Might swing for the creative bundle.

ekwipt
Smore

Post by ekwipt »

Got Saturn and the multi and compressor, oh well credit card got another work out!

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Jezus you get even more discount when you have bought one. They are going to sqeeze me dry.

Binary Society
Poo Fingers

Post by Binary Society »

grabbed Saturn and Pro L... must... resist... more...

actually once you have bought one you can kinda build your own bundle and apparently the more you grab in one go, the better the discount, so it's a bit counter productive to try and resist to end buying them one by one... resistance is futile

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Planar wrote:[quote "tdmusic"]Is Pro-Q worth getting by the way? I've spent very little time learning more than the basics of EQing and kind of assumed EQ8 would do the job, so not sure if I'd pick up on the differences, but if it's worth picking up a good one while the price is right (showing as £70 for me) and it'll be useful in future then I could be tempted...
I would say no to the pro Q
This is better and similar priced
http://dmgaudio.com/products_equality.php

Their equilibrium EQ is the ultimate .eq. But equality is just fantastic.

EQ8 though (on ableton 9) pretty much does everything you need. Steeper slopes, adaptive Q, mid-side etc. the only thing it doesn't do is linear phase, so there is no real need to get any other eq for the majority of EQ duties.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

So I got saturn the other day, but is there any plug that really towers above the ableton 9 fxs? I can pick up volcano or timeless for about 26 euros, I dont really like abletons delays... but and I cant really compare the filters right now. Or maybe just the simplon?

Dont want to mis out on any thing, this deal is marketing me like an uncastrated cat in spring time.

I'll be in the studio within two days, then I can demo them I guess.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I bought the simplon a few years ago, and it was my mainstay for filtering - and its very good for filter automation. I used it loads when I was making DNB, because the logic filters sounded too steppy for my purposes. I forgot I bought it until just this thread, as I dont really have filter basses leading into breakdowns drops anymore as the main feature of a track as I used to.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Alume wrote:So I got saturn the other day, but is there any plug that really towers above the ableton 9 fxs? I can pick up volcano or timeless for about 26 euros, I dont really like abletons delays... but and I cant really compare the filters right now. Or maybe just the simplon?

Dont want to mis out on any thing, this deal is marketing me like an uncastrated cat in spring time.

I'll be in the studio within two days, then I can demo them I guess.
Timeless 2 is definitely a fantastic plugin,
and I use Volcano pretty often as well.

But if you can only get one, get Timeless2,
it's a lot better than Live's delays.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I got their whole FX bundle in january 2013 in some previous sale, so there's no point in getting what's still left.
Especially since I always seem to go back to using timeless a lot, volcano pretty often,
and saturn once in a while.
The rest of them are usually just gathering dust on my HD.
But that could change one day I guess...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

hmm oke. Well eitherway I just missed it, dont have any money left after the adams anyway haha