3 finished tracks need a home...

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
breaktwister
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!
3 finished tracks need a home...

Post by breaktwister »

Hi guys, I did these 3 techno tracks last year and I sent them to a number of labels without a response (I guess around 10-20 labels, can't really remember!). Anyway, I had a break from production after getting no responses on these tracks. I've started production again and am looking for a home for these tracks, if anyone thinks they might be a good fit for any label in particular please do make suggestions!

Thanks for listening:

Ttinga
Normality Restored
Re: 3 finished tracks need a home...

Post by Ttinga »

These are pretty well done. I'm surprised you didn't get a good response from labels. Did you send to smaller labels as well or just big labels?

One thing though is that I don't think labels like seeing the tracks publicly available on Soundcloud. Like now these tracks on Soundcloud show that they are a year old, and that they have ~2,000 plays (how did you get that?). So you might want to reupload them as private tracks and disable stats.

breaktwister
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by breaktwister »

Thanks for listening, I had the full tracks as private and sent links to mostly bigger labels, I think the private tracks were listened to 2 or 3 times with no responses. But surely having a clip of the track on your main page is better than nothing? I have had tracks signed in the past due to labels finding a clip on my main page and contacting me.

wapwap!
unsure

Post by wapwap! »

good sound, if no label want it maybe release it by yourself (bandcamp)

breaktwister
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by breaktwister »

Thanks for listens, I prefer to spend my time making music rather than promoting, best case scenario was to send to 20 labels and hope one takes which unfortunately didn't happen. I will try again, uploading the full tracks to private again and will pick 20 smaller labels. I know there is no money to be made but the goal, like any artist, is to get DJs somewhere to play the tracks.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

DJs do not only spin tracks from big labels. I'm signed to some smaller labels and my tracks get played at partys and podcasts. No label thing, DJs do the crate digging.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

EG1
Get a fucking avatar

Post by EG1 »

Nice work on your tracks! Keep them coming someone's bound to notice!

Ttinga
Normality Restored

Post by Ttinga »

Mono-xID wrote:DJs do not only spin tracks from big labels. I'm signed to some smaller labels and my tracks get played at partys and podcasts. No label thing, DJs do the crate digging.
Mono, I swear every North American DJ puts one of your tracks in their podcasts. Nice work :mrgreen:

breaktwister
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by breaktwister »

Well, I'm quite pleased, after advise from here I re-uploaded the clips and Alien will be coming out on a Gain Records compilation and Ison and Nirabu on Funk Lab :)

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Congrats man.