subsekt
subsekt
Fabfilter 40% off until 1st of May

Post by Mslwte »

https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Trom
Wastedddd
Re: Fabfilter 40% off until 1st of May

Post by Trom »

Thanks for heads up! Read a lot about them but never used one, its tempting to exploit the discount ofc but even with 40% off its still a lot of money to fork out. Which plugin/bundle is the most bang for the buck would you say?

Belka
Wastedddd

Post by Belka »

Depends on your needs but for myself easy peasy Essential Bundle plus Saturn (sadly not in the bundle but the price drops the more Plugins you own). Its Q3 EQ, Pro-R Reverb and C2 Comp, all of them a 10/10 in its category

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Trom wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:24 am
Thanks for heads up! Read a lot about them but never used one, its tempting to exploit the discount ofc but even with 40% off its still a lot of money to fork out. Which plugin/bundle is the most bang for the buck would you say?
I can send a referral code to anyone who wants one, you get an extra 10% off. Just pm me.

All their plugins are great, the mixing tools are very precise (don’t expect any character or mono) and their UI’s are extremely ergonomic. Pro-Q3 is their best though, imo. I can’t live without it.

Pro-R and Pro-C2 get a lot of use from me as well.

Belka
Wastedddd

Post by Belka »

Planar wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm
Trom wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:24 am
I can send a referral code to anyone who wants one, you get an extra 10% off. Just pm me.

All their plugins are great, the mixing tools are very precise (don’t expect any character or mono) and their UI’s are extremely ergonomic. Pro-Q3 is their best though, imo. I can’t live without it.

Pro-R and Pro-C2 get a lot of use from me as well.
nanana "don’t expect any character or mono" nonono every instance can loaded as a Mono Plug, C2 has a lot of different colouring Modes and Q3 Zero/minimal/Natural Phase does sound different from each other (but yeah its no driven Pultec EQ)

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

That meant to say “mojo” not “mono”, which apparently is another word IOS wants to fucking autocorrect for me.

The different pro-q modes aren’t about “colour”, they handle phase differently. Each one is a tradeoff between latency and accuracy/pre-ring. I wouldn’t say the changes in sound they introduce are desirable at all. This is the same tradeoff you get with any EQ, pro-q’s natural phase mode is pretty unique as far as I know, though.

Trom
Wastedddd

Post by Trom »

Cheers guys, the essential bundle do look the like the best buy for me then! Except the MJUC I mostly put on the mix bus I more or less only use the compressors and EQ that came with Logic, and as these are two areas were I really need to hone my skills it would be nice to do it with a couple of new tools.

Johnlad
quasi-public

Post by Johnlad »

Love Fabfilter sales. Already had Pro-q and Volcano. Picked up Pro-R this time round. Saturn next sale I think :)

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Anyone got a referral code they could send me?

Johnlad
quasi-public

Post by Johnlad »

Requires your email address. PM me and I will send you one

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

Coupons are useless with thé 40% deals...
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

acesd619
Gnasher

Post by acesd619 »

I bought ProQ3 this weekend after trying it a few weeks. The UI is brilliant and the workflow is so smooth!

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

borg wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:13 pm
Coupons are useless with thé 40% deals...
Yep, Trom tried a referral I sent him and it didn’t work while this deal is active. Sorry for the others that contacted me. Still, 40% is a good discount, so go for it!

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

I had been holding off the purchase of a 'high' end eq and verb for some years now, wondering if I really needed it. Went for the essential bundle yesterday, and I'm really liking the proQ3 so far, only briefly abused the comp (and looks promising), cycled through some verb presets, nice!

Nothing that will magically turn my noise into wonderful music, but it adds a few extra % on top of, say, stock ableton devices. Again, nothing earth-shattering but very pleasant to work with.

So, I'm done. Anything more that I think I need, is like spitting in the face of poor people...
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

cosmicmassif
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by cosmicmassif »

How do these compare to the Waves EQ/limiters? I picked up the gold bundle when it was on sale for really cheap, however I've seen people using these Fabfilters ones and they always seem to like them.

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Johnlad wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:54 pm
Requires your email address. PM me and I will send you one
I decided to pass, cheers tho

Belka
Wastedddd

Post by Belka »

cosmicmassif wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:54 pm
How do these compare to the Waves EQ/limiters? I picked up the gold bundle when it was on sale for really cheap, however I've seen people using these Fabfilters ones and they always seem to like them.
youtu.be/3OoVnTO3AB4

Use what suits your taste, i use Q2 because of the M/S, Spectrum, different Phase Types and Filtershapes, way more flexible than my Bitwig EQ, sometime the Stock is ok, some normal cuts or boosts, for the rest the Fab.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

maybe I should have got the eq.. was seriously considering it, but I'd rather keep the money atm.. as I've been working loads & not really had any time for music.

sometimes when its like this.. little time for music / interests.. there's a temptation to spend. Anyway, I resisted :)

great deal though!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB