clueless
Hanos- Motives

Post by bioniceye »

any thoughts on this one?

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Hanos- Motives

Post by dubdub »

That resonant/acid-ish note that comes in at around 1:30 is a bit dry I think, could use a bit more reverb/delay/FX.

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

thanks for your input dubdub
isnt it too clean for your taste?

sfas
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by sfas »

It's a nice vibe. The high sound that comes in at 0.48 could do with some modulation and or filtering. It sounds quite static and I found myself tuning into it more than i wanted to, I realise this could be the required effect.

jim_kezzle
Onions

Post by jim_kezzle »

not my kind of thing but low end and percussion sounds good, the little repetitive noise and its friend that comes in at different frequency are a bit annoying though

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

bioniceye wrote:thanks for your input dubdub
isnt it too clean for your taste?
Could be a bit dirtier for my taste but I didn' wanna sound like a broken record :lol:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

The whole mix is a bit too dry, it leaves it feeling quite flat and lifeless.
Some more reverb, subtle delays, a little chorus here and there would do wonders to open this mix up and stop all the elements from sitting right on the speaker cones.

The bassline is a little uneven, some notes are more resonant than other, which makes it a little messy.
You could deal with this a number of ways.... more compression to control the energy differences, or finding the hertz value of the notes that poke out and then notching them back with eq a little until the bassline sits more evenly (or just using velocity to keep the sound more even).

at 48 seconds this little ringing whistle/bell thing comes in....it`s just.....horrible, all the way through the mix, doesn`t seem to add anything other than just being a sound that really annoys you.

These kind of tunes get by on the quality of each sound being..... of good quality, as they have nowhere to hide, so I think individual sounds need care and attention to make this sweeter to the ears. It feels flat and weirdly digital (even if it isn`t).

Balance wise, the mix holds together well.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

thanks for listening and the feedback
some good points to think about in the future
it seems i need to experiment more with distortion to add some warmth to the mix
and dont over eqing things, i think thats makes it sounds lifeless and digital

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Yeah, it's sounds lifeless anyway it's good, pad could have more reverb in my opinion, bass is fine, I think void mention everything you need to do anyway, however would sound great with a nice cup of coffee in a morning ;)

EKT
BAD

Post by EKT »

I think there's too much going at 175~220 Hz.. its resonating through the whole song...