Cool/interesting resampling videos/tutorials

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Plyphon
endless
Cool/interesting resampling videos/tutorials

Post by Plyphon »

Hello,

I'm looking to really push my sampling/resampling chops, getting creative with FX etc to create new textures and sounds.

So I'm wondering if anyone in their travels has seen any cool videos on sampling/resampling. Nothing specific at this stage, just any cool or informative video on the topic would be great. Looking to learn as much as possible.

Cheers!

juodas
Indirection
Re: Cool/interesting resampling videos/tutorials

Post by juodas »

You can add this technique everywhere actually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TT9GSw6WAQ , What i like to do put some few drums, snares, clap or percussion, put delay(I mean huuuge one) you can reverse sample as aswell it gives nice movement as well, add groove on your loop, ad grain delay(you can actually ad as many as you want until you have sound you want( it gives really nice weird sounds). Next step open operator, try to make a pad, add really long church reverb and again add some delay and grain delay or other desired effects. 3rd step group those two channels, hit a record on seperate audio channel. Hmm what next, usally to best way to edit samples choose comples pro mode in a sample rather beats, also you can choose texture mode, anyway it's depends from your own taste what you want to achieve. Next play with transpose, if you like the sounds record it again, if you dont add some effects, and so on and so on and so on. I hope it will help you to achieve your desired texture. Good luck ;)

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

heres an good video from Randomer showing how he samples obscure things and makes a kick drum out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_rrfFToc-0&t=31s
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Usually when you run a sound through a couple of times using various fx you're bound to discover some nice combinations. Just to fuck around and see what turns up, that's kind of the whole point. For example you can turn just about any sound into a kick/hat/snare layer with just pitch mod and a bitcrusher, you can load up a band splitter and use various modulations/distortions on different freqs, resample though a reverb and then throw on a ringmod, throw on something like Glitch, let it run for a while, resample and cut out the good bits, or even when you're out of ideas sometimes running things through the same chain twice can give cool results. Doesn't really apply if you have a specific goal in mind, though then any old random tutorial won't be much help either.
how far do you want to go

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

Thanks all, looking forward to checking those videos.

Yeah good points voodoo, I understand its all about fucking around.

I guess the ultimate aim is to create weird/unique elements that are musical - ie chords or sounds for melody. (Rather than percussive sounds, for example. Inb4 percussion is melody.)

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Tip : if you want to make a nice sounding atmosphere, just "sing" the pad into your computer's crappy mic using your voice (or whisper it), then play with the pitch, apply loads of reverb, delay etc.. it works well enough, I used this technique quite a few times :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Prophän wrote:Tip : if you want to make a nice sounding atmosphere, just "sing" the pad into your computer's crappy mic using your voice (or whisper it), then play with the pitch, apply loads of reverb, delay etc.. it works well enough, I used this technique quite a few times :lol:
you were here for 2 weeks and you never sang for me ?
:( :( :(
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

Made quite a cool old-schoolish chord sound last night by EQing, distorting, filtering, more EQ -> resample - did that loop a few times over and it sounds pretty unique with an oldschool flavour to it. It's good fun when it works!

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Hades wrote:
Prophän wrote:Tip : if you want to make a nice sounding atmosphere, just "sing" the pad into your computer's crappy mic using your voice (or whisper it), then play with the pitch, apply loads of reverb, delay etc.. it works well enough, I used this technique quite a few times :lol:
you were here for 2 weeks and you never sang for me ?
:( :( :(
You know i'm too shy to do it :lol: