Live 10 - weird looking fonts?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
yentz
site spammer
Live 10 - weird looking fonts?

Post by yentz »

Hi,
I just installed Live 10 and find the fonts very hard to look at. Not sure if it is the high contrast (they appear to be darker than before) or something else but they look uneven as if they were not antialiased. It does not matter what I set the program to under compatibillity and Behaviour for high dpi scaling (windows 10, dell xps 15, no 4k display).
anyone else experiencing these problems?

Rickskii
brown envelope
Re: Live 10 - weird looking fonts?

Post by Rickskii »

There is some discussion about this in the DAW section on KVR. Might Help....

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yeah, had the same impression during the 15 minutes or so that I had the time to have a go at Live 10.
I desperately wanted to use the font I was using on Live 9...
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

It does look the same on my macbook so it is the font and not my system screwing up. I really cant imagine working with this for hours. Maybe I have to give it a go but it does look weird and everything but clear or sharp. Not sure why they added a new typo maybe to save money when licensing linotype fonts? Anyway - hope there will be an option to switch to the old font in an update. I also find the starting screen looks a bit odd when looking at it.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Weird. It looks fine over here.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

It might just be me. I am 40 and so far without glasses but at one point it will come.

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

Used it for 2-3 hours and didnt notice the different fonts anymore but tge software got extremely fast. Adding plugins, browsing, multiple undos etc are really fast. It feels as if I got a new Computer. Really pleased.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

yentz wrote:Used it for 2-3 hours and didnt notice the different fonts anymore but tge software got extremely fast. Adding plugins, browsing, multiple undos etc are really fast. It feels as if I got a new Computer. Really pleased.
I've heard a lot of people complain about increased CPU load. Funny how much that seems to vary system to system.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ow no, certainly not increased CPU load here.

and the fonts work far better now that I've installed the skin I was using before.
Fucking hate that standard grey shit.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

dubdub wrote:
yentz wrote:Used it for 2-3 hours and didnt notice the different fonts anymore but tge software got extremely fast. Adding plugins, browsing, multiple undos etc are really fast. It feels as if I got a new Computer. Really pleased.
I've heard a lot of people complain about increased CPU load. Funny how much that seems to vary system to system.
Really? For some reason my computer seems to be less CPU intense in live 10. Also everyone in the danish ableton facebook group (very active group) that have tried it, says it's either the same or less intense than live 9.

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

dubdub wrote:
I didn't do a very complex project and my laptop has decent specs so it might be possible that the cpu load increrased but I would be fine with this if this is the price for the snappy behaviour of the software. with live 9 it always took a bit when adding plugins to the effectchain or when klicking on another drive in the browser. not much but still a bit too long. kind of like an old mobile when you start apps. this changed completely.
i am at work at the moment but i will check later on on my macbook air which isn't strong at all.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I got a pretty decent MBP here,
2,6GHz i7
16Gb RAM
1TB SSD

nonetheless I'm always amazed at how soon I get crackles and hiccups even though my CPU meter is only at 50%,
and I have a thunderbolt MOTU sound card.
It's always just in short bursts, but still...

I have to admit I do run heavy projects though,
with quite a few CPU heavy plugins,
and tons of side chaining,
and lots of tiny modulations stuff going on,
but I do make sure nothing else is running when I'm working on a project.

I have the impression Live runs better now,
the only thing I did notice to be heavier on the CPU, is when you press that "follow" thing,
so the view runs along to whatever is playing at the moment.
That does make a difference.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Hades wrote: the only thing I did notice to be heavier on the CPU, is when you press that "follow" thing,
so the view runs along to whatever is playing at the moment.
That does make a difference.