Xmas Music Related Purchases

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Macca
durchfall
Re: Xmas Music Related Purchases

Post by Macca »

+1 on the deepmind, lovely synth.
I sold my maschine and bought myself a RYTM. In love with it. I like my new setup.

Instagram: @stevenmcfarlanedesign

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

Jealous as fuck. No one wants to buy an old ass Machine off me. I'll grab a RYTM one day. How's the learning curve?
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

dubdub wrote:
Hades wrote:are you switching from unbalanced to balanced by doing that ?
The Focusrite only has TRS outs and the Amp only has RCA ins so it's going balanced to unbalanced. Not sure what else I am supposed to do?
Here's a useful reference on this subject. Skip down to the the bit where there are diagrams of different connector combinations.

http://www.rane.com/note110.html

Macca
durchfall

Post by Macca »

nomadjames wrote:Jealous as fuck. No one wants to buy an old ass Machine off me. I'll grab a RYTM one day. How's the learning curve?
Pretty easy man, think actually mastering it is a different ball game, but it's a total techno box. Can make great grooves pretty quickly, imagine you could do it on the fly if you learned it well enough.

Think it might have been easier learning curve since I own an octatrack, but it's not as bad as I've heard folk moan about.

100% recommend a RYTM.
Instagram: @stevenmcfarlanedesign

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Macca wrote:
nomadjames wrote:Jealous as fuck. No one wants to buy an old ass Machine off me. I'll grab a RYTM one day. How's the learning curve?
Pretty easy man, think actually mastering it is a different ball game, but it's a total techno box. Can make great grooves pretty quickly, imagine you could do it on the fly if you learned it well enough.

Think it might have been easier learning curve since I own an octatrack, but it's not as bad as I've heard folk moan about.

100% recommend a RYTM.
Same here. RYTM is an insane techno box. I think it's Elektron's easiest device to wrap your head around. But it is quite deep as well. The scenes and performance mode are pure gold.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

That's what I'm lacking in my setup at the moment...I can't step sequence for shit on this MPC.
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659