It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 194  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:15 pm 
pregnant

Macca wrote:
I always find myself trying to add things too, I'd imagine everyone does but sometimes I end up with a mess and end up deleting half the crap I added. :lol:

Keep it up though, you've came on alot since you first started posting here imo.

Thanks :) that means a lot! listening to it today (and asked my girlfriend to listen to it) I think it could benefit from being slowed down a little and maybe also rearranging the drums.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:48 pm 
Jan : )

Leskey wrote:
Have been working on this one lately. Feels like I'm missing something, but I can't really figure out what it needs. Haven't really gotten into arranging it, so i just recorded a small snippet.

Any thoughts are highly appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/seb-aad/winterdub/s-Qs8L9

Hey dude, I just had a quick spin on my headphones. I think you can carry that stabby chord a bit further and create tension with it. I find the track some good potential to it. To me the kick lacks a bit of smack, especially when I compare it with the clap. My first thought was leading the stab into a breakdown and then introduce a new stab. Something a bit deeper/darker then. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:03 pm 

Amøbe wrote:
I would really like some ears on this one... it's something I've been going back and forth to a million times, because I like the state it puts me in. But I have no idea where to go with it!

Maybe I should just bin it, but maybe it's also an element of me having listened to it a time too many...

First of all, I wouldn't bin it. In my opinion you put a lot of thought into it, can definitely hear that. Would be a shame, it's good, even though it's not 100% my cup of tea. I find the kick a bit clicky, but that's just my opinion. Clap is a bit loud, yep. All in all, I find it a good warm upper. Not 100% sure, but could it maybe do with a bit more low end? I like the end, when that whole chord thingy get's that white noise on top. Have you tried arranging the whole thing in a different way? Might be a good opportunity when you think you're stuck with it. Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 pm 

So I wanted to create something that would work on the dancefloor. Now I'm just like wtf?!

I find it quite challenging to create something minimalistic, yet exciting and not boring. I like the idea of the track, that stab that carries along as well as the lead. Opinions on the low end as well, please.

Any thoughts appreciated basically :)

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:26 pm 
Interchangeable

Leskey wrote:
Have been working on this one lately. Feels like I'm missing something, but I can't really figure out what it needs. Haven't really gotten into arranging it, so i just recorded a small snippet.

Any thoughts are highly appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/seb-aad/winterdub/s-Qs8L9

here's me remembering you from a fun conversation,
but still having to gently ask you to give a little feedback before just asking for feedback on yoru own stuff.
:)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:51 pm 

Gotta post this one again... It didn't show the SC link... Here we go:

https://soundcloud.com/shidzo/toddy/s-Miun8

So I wanted to create something that would work on the dancefloor. Now I'm just like wtf?!

I find it quite challenging to create something minimalistic, yet exciting and not boring. I like the idea of the track, that stab that carries along as well as the lead. Opinions on the low end as well, please.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:27 pm 
pregnant

SHIDZO wrote:

Well you don't want mixing advices from me (because that would just be bad advice.), but I can tell you to stop being so stupid and say " find it quite challenging to create something minimalistic, yet exciting and not boring." Because this definitely worked :D

So two reasons why it worked:

1) The - probably - most important part of a techno track (especially a more minimalist one) is the groove. You've managed to have a basic groove that really speaks well together and still varying it without it feeling like two different tracks that shifts back and forth! There's a great distribution of energy throughout the track - great job!

2) A nice and withholding melody. The melodic content is really nice - however, that's not the reason it works. It's really subtle, so it works more as a coloring palette of the entire atmosphere of the track. And I think the way you vary it throughout the track (both modulation wise and with introducing new melodies/melodic content) succeeded in two of the different aspects of minimalist composition (to use two too long words) namely avoiding it being redundant without it taking up too much attention!

Good job :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:32 pm 
pregnant

SHIDZO wrote:
Amøbe wrote:
I would really like some ears on this one... it's something I've been going back and forth to a million times, because I like the state it puts me in. But I have no idea where to go with it!

Maybe I should just bin it, but maybe it's also an element of me having listened to it a time too many...

First of all, I wouldn't bin it. In my opinion you put a lot of thought into it, can definitely hear that. Would be a shame, it's good, even though it's not 100% my cup of tea. I find the kick a bit clicky, but that's just my opinion. Clap is a bit loud, yep. All in all, I find it a good warm upper. Not 100% sure, but could it maybe do with a bit more low end? I like the end, when that whole chord thingy get's that white noise on top. Have you tried arranging the whole thing in a different way? Might be a good opportunity when you think you're stuck with it. Cheers

Ha! Not much thought went in to it - I just fucked around with FM :D but thank you very much! And I think you're right - both about the lack of low end... and especially about the arrangement! I wanted to make something that should be a bit focused on atmosphere and probably work in a warm-up situation... I also think that the bpm is a bit too high in this!

but thanks for the feedback :) I'm a bit busy right now with other deadlines, but it kept annoying me so I just quickly jammed out an arrangement of it so I could get some second opinions on whether or not I should return to it when I get some more time on my hands!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:22 pm 
Unstraight

SHIDZO wrote:

I like that Q/A melody that you have after few min, works well.
Dont really like that stab, not my thing but you can make more out of it, maybe some kind of filtering with delay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:28 pm 
Unstraight

Amøbe wrote:

great atmosphere and lovely sounds..
Mixwise there is something thats bothering me but not sure what,, its like there is missing some mids on that main synths, you can easily open up the filter more.
The claps are way too loud and it kills groove for me, delete that shit :D
Really obvious improvement from last work, good job!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:14 pm 
Unstraight

Any thoughts on this?
Should i just delete it?

https://soundcloud.com/tzukenbauer/tm05

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:17 pm 
pregnant

SHIDZO wrote:

Arrangement wise, you've managed to keep things interesting and built enough tension to make it work on the dancefloor.
I'm listening on headphones at the moment and the low end sounds alright to me.

There's just one thing I'm not a big fan of here and that's the stab (but it's a matter of personal taste really).
I don't feel like the stab complements the lower pad very well to be honest. I get what you're going for with the contrast between both sounds, though

All in all, I think you've achieved your goal with this one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:53 pm 
Gnasher

SHIDZO wrote:

Got me moving on my chair !

I think it's pretty good already, nothing to add in my opinion, some people seem to not like the stab but I think it's pretty fine, good job overall !

Amøbe wrote:

The only thing that really bothered me was the clap, It has too much presence imo , maybe you could even try cutting some of the low end from it ? ...you need to change that asap haha, the melodic part is really great tho !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:57 pm 

Amøbe wrote:
SHIDZO wrote:
Amøbe wrote:

Ha! Not much thought went in to it - I just fucked around with FM :D but thank you very much! And I think you're right - both about the lack of low end... and especially about the arrangement! I wanted to make something that should be a bit focused on atmosphere and probably work in a warm-up situation... I also think that the bpm is a bit too high in this!

but thanks for the feedback :) I'm a bit busy right now with other deadlines, but it kept annoying me so I just quickly jammed out an arrangement of it so I could get some second opinions on whether or not I should return to it when I get some more time on my hands!

You should definitely return to that one ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:00 pm 

Amøbe wrote:
SHIDZO wrote:

Well you don't want mixing advices from me (because that would just be bad advice.), but I can tell you to stop being so stupid and say " find it quite challenging to create something minimalistic, yet exciting and not boring." Because this definitely worked :D

So two reasons why it worked:

1) The - probably - most important part of a techno track (especially a more minimalist one) is the groove. You've managed to have a basic groove that really speaks well together and still varying it without it feeling like two different tracks that shifts back and forth! There's a great distribution of energy throughout the track - great job!

2) A nice and withholding melody. The melodic content is really nice - however, that's not the reason it works. It's really subtle, so it works more as a coloring palette of the entire atmosphere of the track. And I think the way you vary it throughout the track (both modulation wise and with introducing new melodies/melodic content) succeeded in two of the different aspects of minimalist composition (to use two too long words) namely avoiding it being redundant without it taking up too much attention!

Good job :D

Big thank you for the kind words! Stoked over here!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:05 pm 

zukenbauer wrote:
SHIDZO wrote:

Dont really like that stab, not my thing but you can make more out of it, maybe some kind of filtering with delay.

Thanks man! What's Q/A though? Question and answer? Then it's exactly what I wanted to do haha... Will definitely take your advice and put a bit more effort into the stab and make it a bit more dramatic.

Had a listen to your track as well! It's a snippet, right? I like the track a lot, don't take my opinion in a professional manner, but the low end is on point. The panning hat is a bit too much, sounds a bit cheesy, I think you can do a bit more with it. I also like what's happening in the break, but there as well, I think you have a bit more potential to take it further. Hope that helps. Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:17 pm 
Unstraight

SHIDZO wrote:
zukenbauer wrote:
SHIDZO wrote:

Thanks man! What's Q/A though? Question and answer? Then it's exactly what I wanted to do haha... Will definitely take your advice and put a bit more effort into the stab and make it a bit more dramatic.

Had a listen to your track as well! It's a snippet, right? I like the track a lot, don't take my opinion in a professional manner, but the low end is on point. The panning hat is a bit too much, sounds a bit cheesy, I think you can do a bit more with it. I also like what's happening in the break, but there as well, I think you have a bit more potential to take it further. Hope that helps. Cheers

Yeah question and answer.
Thanks for listening, ill continue to work on it.
When it comes to cheese, im the king of cheesyness hehe :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:59 am 
Pig

I have made a whole bunch of changes based on what you cunts told me, i have always had pretty percussive tracks but i have realised that they are cluttering up frequencies that should have space. I have taken a bunch of elements out and added a bunch of filtering to try and mix it up a little bit. Unsure of where to go at this point. I may call it finished.

https://soundcloud.com/suppressormusic/ ... ir/s-Vkv2x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:12 pm 
Gnasher

@Supressor
The resonancish sound at 2:35 could be tamed a little bit I think, otherwise sounding mostly good to me.

And here is something I made yesterday, trying to capture that 90's techno vibe here:
https://soundcloud.com/prophan303/lmemlaka/s-IxSd1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:48 pm 

suppressor wrote:
I have made a whole bunch of changes based on what you cunts told me, i have always had pretty percussive tracks but i have realised that they are cluttering up frequencies that should have space. I have taken a bunch of elements out and added a bunch of filtering to try and mix it up a little bit. Unsure of where to go at this point. I may call it finished.

https://soundcloud.com/suppressormusic/ ... ir/s-Vkv2x

Fucking hell, that shit got some serious torque to it. Like that "one water, please" kind of thing. Well done. When I listened a second time I did even like that perc-y noise which is a bit out of sync. Gives the whole thing a bit of a twist. The end is a bit abrupt, not very DJ-friendly. I think your low end is on point as well. The whole thing is balanced, if you ask me. Unfortunately I don't have a clue, but in my opinion, yes, call that one finished. Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 194  Next