Techno and "substances"

General Chat // Music Discussion
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Techno and "substances"

Post by jordanneke »

RWise wrote:I definitely agree with letting go at some point in your life and just having fun exploring the depths of your mind with mind-altering substances.

That being said, theres going crazy and just being stupid... which can lead you down a bad slope if youre not careful.

Stay safe is all im saying you crazy cunts. :twisted:
If only there was some way of knowing what substance you were taking, or what the dosage was, or some practical advice, or some way of harm reduction as there is with alcohol...?!?

Oh well, it seems not. Better let cunts die instead.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yet more people die from alcohol every day than from recreational narcotics.....
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Lost to the Void wrote:Yet more people die from alcohol every day than from recreational narcotics.....
Of course. Alcohol is one of the worst drugs available imo.

Anything can be abused. Just dont be a spastic when taking any of these things.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:Yet more people die from alcohol every day than from recreational narcotics.....
But but but, the tax they pay!!!!!

Drink up you cunts, drink to the point of death.

But we'll lock you up if you do any other drug. Junkie scum

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

jordanneke wrote:
But but but, the tax they pay!!!!!

Drink up you cunts, drink to the point of death.

But we'll lock you up if you do any other drug. Junkie scum
Oh yeah fuck the thousands of people that are dying from alcohol poisoning every year and the 12 year olds drinking vodka in a park at night. But if 1 person dies from a pill once in a blue moon which usually is from a cocktail of drugs and not just a pill, we HAVE to make it major headlines!

:!: DEVILS ECSTASY EPIDEMIC :!:
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote:If only there was some way of knowing what substance you were taking, or what the dosage was, or some practical advice, or some way of harm reduction as there is with alcohol...?!?

Oh well, it seems not. Better let cunts die instead.
If I ever buy something, I know exactly how many milligrams I get per piece.
Of course you are never 100% sure of the contents unless you get it tested,
but there are people who have more ethical rules than others,
and the older I get, the more I notice that the good ones,
that stay into that kind of business,
are very strict about not selling shit.
They'll always test stuff, and even take stuff out of rotation if they hear too many fishy reports.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

chava wrote:
TimBuys wrote:It's a weird way of thinking to me, linking the amount of drugs you can handle with your character. I'd definitely be concerned about my state of mind in regular life. Fucking up your dopamine system can happen to anyone. Or that's at least what I believe.
Yeah, that's quite a haphazard way of defining character I would say. You'll experience much harder situations in your life sober that demands character compared when drugged up on the dancefloor or wherever.

MDMA is not that addictive though, but I'd guess it can be traumatic. Even though recent clinical research shows that MDMA is very succesful in curing PTSD. Just as LSD is in curing anxiety/depression.
This. Normal life is hard enough as it is. Maybe this makes me boring, but I've never gotten much out of re-dosing or stacking different kinds of pleasure substances besides wanting to throw myself off the nearest bridge :oops:.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

TimBuys wrote: This. Normal life is hard enough as it is. Maybe this makes me boring, but I've never gotten much out of re-dosing or stacking different kinds of pleasure substances besides wanting to throw myself off the nearest bridge :oops:.
One really doesn't need extra substances to feel like throwing himself or Stace of the nearest bridge.
Just take a proper look around you... What do you see ?
The biggest part of humanity is a bunch of totally undereducated superficial fools who care more about the amount of FB likes they get (or being politically correct (woohoo!!) while at the same time never doing anything in their life to actually help their fellow man) than anything properly worthy of their attention.
It's all me me me me MEEEEE !!
Altruïsme is about as dead as your average dinosaur.
And by all means... pay no attention to the planet dying, why bother about wasting resources on the newest iPhone 17 ?? All this globe does is provide us our only place to live or even survive...
Because honestly, if there is some secret technology ready to have us sail away in a spaceship to some other fuck knows where planet, then I'm pretty sure they won't let us poor cunts aboard once it's that time.

I agree with Mattias : "let the world burn",
except I was foolish enough to put kids onto this planet,
so I can't just watch it all while partying till I drop dead.

Here's a proper Franquin drawing from many years ago...
our current society displayed at it's worst years before we even got that far:

Sin cambios no hay mariposa

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
T. S. Eliot

Personally I had a great fucking time. Just glad I wasn't rich! That would of been very dangerous!
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Hades wrote:
TimBuys wrote: This. Normal life is hard enough as it is. Maybe this makes me boring, but I've never gotten much out of re-dosing or stacking different kinds of pleasure substances besides wanting to throw myself off the nearest bridge :oops:.
One really doesn't need extra substances to feel like throwing himself or Stace of the nearest bridge.
Just take a proper look around you... What do you see ?
The biggest part of humanity is a bunch of totally undereducated superficial fools who care more about the amount of FB likes they get (or being politically correct (woohoo!!) while at the same time never doing anything in their life to actually help their fellow man) than anything properly worthy of their attention.
It's all me me me me MEEEEE !!
Altruïsme is about as dead as your average dinosaur.
And by all means... pay no attention to the planet dying, why bother about wasting resources on the newest iPhone 17 ?? All this globe does is provide us our only place to live or even survive...
Because honestly, if there is some secret technology ready to have us sail away in a spaceship to some other fuck knows where planet, then I'm pretty sure they won't let us poor cunts aboard once it's that time.

I agree with Mattias : "let the world burn",
except I was foolish enough to put kids onto this planet,
so I can't just watch it all while partying till I drop dead.

Here's a proper Franquin drawing from many years ago...
our current society displayed at it's worst years before we even got that far:

I love that drawing! On point...

Fucked up world we're living in. Starts with the fact that apparently "please" and "thank you" is foreign language for most people around. I think heaps of people use clubbing and drugs to escape reality.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

msl wrote:"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
T. S. Eliot

Personally I had a great fucking time. Just glad I wasn't rich! That would of been very dangerous!
Being rich doesn't change anything. A dope fiend wil get his dosage and more regardless.

@Jordan: I'll come up with part 2 on the weekend.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Bit of nagging back ache today.

Remembered I had a bunch of Tramadol.......

And now the world is fluffy pillows.
New Shit

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:Bit of nagging back ache today.

Remembered I had a bunch of Tramadol.......

And now the world is fluffy pillows.
That shit is the business.

I got hit by a car last year and really started to hurt in the hospital once the adrenalin stopped.

They doubled dosed me with tramadol in the emergency room. By the time I came home, I looked like utter shit, skin missing in patches all over my body, arm in plaster, but I felt fucking sweet.

Until the next morning.

I feel really sorry for all those yanks that had that Oxy-condom/Oxymoron shit prescribed to them.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yeah it`s kinda nuts. I`ve got a ton of it left over from when my dad was getting palliative care at home.
I have to be careful with it as they are max dose capsules.
New Shit

lauren
Pig

Post by lauren »

Lost to the Void wrote:Yeah it`s kinda nuts. I`ve got a ton of it left over from when my dad was getting palliative care at home.
I have to be careful with it as they are max dose capsules.
just remember and respect it's power. it is an opioid after all.

i think that is the case with all things that alter one's state of mind.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Oh my hedonistic days are done.
I`m pretty conservative now.
Couple of entheogenic experiences a year to clear my head, weed to help relax me in to making music and other than that I`m fairly straight edge.
I have the occasional Tequila fueled studio session when I need to get mad for some vocals or for hammering my guitar but yeah. I`m good. IF I was going to be a drug addict it would have been back when I had high grade anything I wanted for free in my daily life.
New Shit

lauren
Pig

Post by lauren »

Lost to the Void wrote:Oh my hedonistic days are done.
I`m pretty conservative now.
Couple of entheogenic experiences a year to clear my head, weed to help relax me in to making music and other than that I`m fairly straight edge.
I have the occasional Tequila fueled studio session when I need to get mad for some vocals or for hammering my guitar but yeah. I`m good. IF I was going to be a drug addict it would have been back when I had high grade anything I wanted for free in my daily life.
oh you lucky man. im still trying to find the middle ground between having too many responsibilities to be hedonistic and being too stressed to be responsible.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yeah I get ya.
I bounced around for a long time, then I took up meditation, and it keeps me on track.
New Shit

SubTPE
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by SubTPE »

What the hell happened to cosmopolitans and malibu based cocktails, for christ sake? You bunch of degenerates...

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

SubTPE wrote:What the hell happened to cosmopolitans and malibu based cocktails, for christ sake? You bunch of degenerates...

http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths