Real Tape Delays

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
nomadjames
mummy!!
Real Tape Delays

Post by nomadjames »

So I want a tape delay...

I've wanted one for ever...I just couldn't afford anything. Always wanted a Roland 201. Now I'm thinking about either finding one, probably sent from Japan, or getting a T-Rex Replicator. What's your opinions on this? You think it's truly worth the extra $700 I would spend over a Strymon El Capistan?
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

frico
broke
Re: Real Tape Delays

Post by frico »

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

You can get old copycats for good money. I have one I fixed up. Don't use it though. I got myself a TC electronic alter ego x4 which is great.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Before my Dad retired, he was in business with the guy who designed one of the later copicat models. They did lots of repairs. Irish guys. They were based in London from the 60-early 80s ish. Running music shops, equipment & PA. My dad has 2 massive outside horn style 'speakers' that he got from Wimbledon. They're like something off a battleship. God knows how old they are.

Copicat chap.. think he worked for the navy originally. They were making guitar amps in the early days of Marshall and Joe Meeks time. Buying cheap components from Russia & ex-military stuff. Making copies of fender & then Marshall amps. Occasionally I'll see them going up for sale. Its cool.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

A lot of valves still come from the eastern bloc
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Lost to the Void wrote:I got myself a TC electronic alter ego x4 which is great.
Demos on youtube sound sweet, would be cool if they'd port it to VST like some of their other pedals.

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

I’m thinking El Cap if I do a clone.
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

ggroove
brown envelope

Post by ggroove »

Yeah I would go with a El Capistan, or perhaps a RE-20 if fidelity is not of your biggest concern. The TC pedals sounds great as well..

Here's the El Capistan in an acid tune :)

youtu.be/LzFxebws0ms