Techno and "substances"

General Chat // Music Discussion
Plyphon
endless
Re: Techno and "substances"

Post by Plyphon »

Went to a DJ Bone gig recently and quite a few of the 'older crowd' were out, you could tell they hadn't been out in a while - mostly because they were all aboslutellyyyyy cunted by 11:30 as the DJ was still playing warmup tracks and the club was 1/4 full.

That was a really messy night, tbh. I remember thinking at the time "Yeah I could see how this could look like a problem."

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

Amøbe wrote: There are quite a few surveys done on this - if I have time in the near future, I will try and find some.

I'd be super interested to read them! No idea how they could be done properly though, as asking people randomly might get tons of lies (for obvious reasons) and if it's just a free for all, voluntary online survey it'd be very difficult to get realistic results as well, due to how and where the survey is done.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Plyphon wrote:Went to a DJ Bone gig recently and quite a few of the 'older crowd' were out, you could tell they hadn't been out in a while - mostly because they were all aboslutellyyyyy cunted by 11:30 as the DJ was still playing warmup tracks and the club was 1/4 full.

That was a really messy night, tbh. I remember thinking at the time "Yeah I could see how this could look like a problem."

If you are not cunted by 11:30 what the fuck are you even doing there?
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Plyphon wrote:Went to a DJ Bone gig recently and quite a few of the 'older crowd' were out, you could tell they hadn't been out in a while - mostly because they were all aboslutellyyyyy cunted by 11:30 as the DJ was still playing warmup tracks and the club was 1/4 full.

Being part of the 'older crowd' I can assure you that 11.30 is waay passed their bed-time

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:
jordanneke wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Unless you're banging up speedballs all night you are doing it wrong.

I have a strict speedball curfew. I generally stop just after 9pm, if not, I'm next to useless the next day.
Ah well, 9pm is the watershed, that`s when you switch to Krokodil.
:lol:
Krokodil... If you watch the few documentaries about that shit....
My god.

Speedballs were Chet Bakers favorite type of high.
He has this story in "Let's Get Lost", where he says he was staying at the home of a pharmacist in Liège, who became a good friend of his because he provided great substances.
Some day, he walked in to find Stan Getz, overdosing and totally blue,
so they brought him back to life,
and when he was regaining consciousness, the first thing he said was "you guys messed up my high!"

Obviously, other records say this story happened to Chet himself, and knowing Chet... one could never rely on his version of the truth.

There's a big mural painting of Chet Baker in Liège, which you can see very well when you're driving into the city by train. I always have to think about that story when I see it.

Sin cambios no hay mariposa

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

MDMA is dangerous, i'm talking about real MDMA and not pills, MDMA fucked my brain for a while i was taking MDMA every weekend and it definitely fucked up my head because i'm still facing the consequences of that shit and the MDMA crystal high is different from pills with MDMA i get to a point where i'm a fucking zombie lost in the void, with pills i have a bit of that but at least i can move properly!!
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

mainst09 wrote:MDMA is dangerous, i'm talking about real MDMA and not pills, MDMA fucked my brain for a while i was taking MDMA every weekend and it definitely fucked up my head because i'm still facing the consequences of that shit and the MDMA crystal high is different from pills with MDMA i get to a point where i'm a fucking zombie lost in the void, with pills i have a bit of that but at least i can move properly!!
with MDMA, you can be sitting in your couch all evening, wasted as fuck,
and you'll still think "maybe some more ?"
with decent pills, at some point, you just know you had enough.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

mainst09 wrote:MDMA is dangerous, i'm talking about real MDMA and not pills, MDMA fucked my brain for a while i was taking MDMA every weekend and it definitely fucked up my head because i'm still facing the consequences of that shit and the MDMA crystal high is different from pills with MDMA i get to a point where i'm a fucking zombie lost in the void, with pills i have a bit of that but at least i can move properly!!
and youre the only person to blame for that. MDMA is a safe substance when taken in controlled amounts. It is a very strong substance for sure, but you need to treat it with respect and doing it every weekend is waaayyy too much!

You should never do it more than twice a month in my opinion but educational information on this substance is lacking to the general public, which is why people go overboard with it and experience negatives side effects.

Everything in life needs moderation and the size of moderation varies from whatever it is you're putting in your body.

Ive done a fair amount of the stuff in my life so far and my mental state is fine at the moment because ive been smart with how i go about doing these things in my opinion.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Tbh I barely even drink these days. Not through any sort of decision, just find the hangovers are too much of a pain in the ass now.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

RWise wrote:
and youre the only person to blame for that. MDMA is a safe substance when taken in controlled amounts. It is a very strong substance for sure, but you need to treat it with respect and doing it every weekend is waaayyy too much!

You should never do it more than twice a month in my opinion but educational information on this substance is lacking to the general public, which is why people go overboard with it and experience negatives side effects.

Everything in life needs moderation and the size of moderation varies from whatever it is you're putting in your body.

Ive done a fair amount of the stuff in my life so far and my mental state is fine at the moment because ive been smart with how i go about doing these things in my opinion.
People react differently to the same stimuli. What's safe for you may not be safe for someone else.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

The_G wrote:
RWise wrote:

People react differently to the same stimuli. What's safe for you may not be safe for someone else.
Of course, im not denying that. And the people who dont have a good reaction should not touch said substances. But some people who touchwood havent had a bad reaction need to properly understand how to safely go about taking these drugs.

If you abuse it then it will abuse you.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

RWise wrote:

Ah fuck moderation.
You need to have at least one point in your life where you just go fucking buck wild and get really out there for a good period.
Otherwise you never really test yourself or see what your mind and your character is capable of.
Obviously if you live that way long term it's a problem.
But getting utterly fuckoblasted will make a man out of ya.
Everyone needs to throw their mind at the edge of a knife sometimes.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

The_G wrote:Tbh I barely even drink these days. Not through any sort of decision, just find the hangovers are too much of a pain in the ass now.
Frank Sinatra once said :
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
guess if you're complaining about hangovers, your mornings are different. ;)

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

As someone else who is part of the "older crowd" and only gets out twice a year, my being cunted by 11.30 is by design and took some considerable effort to get there.

Just remember that.

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

MDMA doesn't really do as much for me as it used to. Luckily I've found I quite enjoy going to a party after smoking just a joint. The only thing I dislike is that because of the drugs, a lot of people are at a party that otherwise wouldn't be there. They don't have a real passion for the music.

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

Lost to the Void wrote:
RWise wrote:

Ah fuck moderation.
You need to have at least one point in your life where you just go fucking buck wild and get really out there for a good period.
Otherwise you never really test yourself or see what your mind and your character is capable of.
Is that what you're going to tell your grandchildren :lol:?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

TimBuys wrote: Is that what you're going to tell your grandchildren :lol:?
Not having kids so...

However, I'm going to make sure when my niece's get high, it's in a club where I am there, and I know where they are getting their shit from.
Taking one of them to their first big party on NYE, so that will be my chance.

I like being the wildcard uncle. I can do and say shit their folks can't.
New Shit

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Yup, that's the techno parents wanting to get a decent night in and then when 2am comes round wondering out of the couple, who's gonna carry on gurning till 7am and who's gonna be sensible, go home and have the 06:00 wake-up call.

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Lost to the Void wrote:
RWise wrote:

Ah fuck moderation.
Agree wholeheartedly for anyone who doesn't have any kind of compulsive or addictive streak. Can be the top of a slippery slope otherwise.

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

It's a weird way of thinking to me, linking the amount of drugs you can handle with your character. I'd definitely be concerned about my state of mind in regular life. Fucking up your dopamine system can happen to anyone. Or that's at least what I believe.