It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline
Small Penis
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Posts: 2638
suppressor wrote:


hmm maybe i deleted it it some point... This is the updated URL.

https://soundcloud.com/suppressormusic/join-me-in-the-air/s-Vkv2x



Not bad, but nothing happens! Technically is the best I think you've done. I like the lows a lot. Nice and punchy and full.

This just begging for a techno stab! A big fuck off stab, like Good-life.

I'm usually the last to say add an element, but this sounds far too good to let it sit without developing it.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jordan-louis

Subsekt special





Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
Small Penis
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Posts: 2638
zukenbauer wrote:
Didnt post anythin in here for a couple of months,, was having weird time with making music..
I'm working on my lows lately so here's one small loop.
What you think about low end, balance and things?
Thanks in advance

https://soundcloud.com/tzukenbauer/test

edit: fuck me, i came exactly when Hades broke his power suply (AGAIN!!) :lol: :lol:


Sounding great so far. I think that reverb (from the bass) needs to have the tail cut, or a gate added. It's just too long and kills the groove. Perhaps try automating a lp filter on it, that may sound cool?

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jordan-louis

Subsekt special





Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 pm 
Offline
je regrette rien
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:52 pm
Posts: 461
jordanneke wrote:
zukenbauer wrote:
Didnt post anythin in here for a couple of months,, was having weird time with making music..
I'm working on my lows lately so here's one small loop.
What you think about low end, balance and things?
Thanks in advance

https://soundcloud.com/tzukenbauer/test

edit: fuck me, i came exactly when Hades broke his power suply (AGAIN!!) :lol: :lol:


Sounding great so far. I think that reverb (from the bass) needs to have the tail cut, or a gate added. It's just too long and kills the groove. Perhaps try automating a lp filter on it, that may sound cool?


Thanks, great idea with reverb and filter after it,, i usually do that with delays :d
Will post this again if i ever finish it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
Small Penis
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Posts: 2638
bioniceye wrote:
thanks for all the feedback and suggestions i really appreciate it
will definitily work further on it. The kick is a standard 808 kick and the bass was made in analog. I spend around 1 hour on making the mix. Things liking panning, volume automations, reverb, gain staging and eqing. Overall the eqing wasnt that exciting just some lpf and hpf. There was a tape emulation on the master bus and there was some saturation. I posted a track in the members section and dubdub mentioned the cold and thin mix aswell so i really need to look into that subject more. I really aiming for that nineties sound so if someone got some tips let me know.
I did a quick test with a second chord for my pad but it wasnt really working
yeah i totally forgot about the velocity changes and a swing setting for the chords, i did the melodies and drums.
About the modulation im not stubborn :) its totally a lack of skills at the moment. I tried to modulate every setting on the synth but it really didnt work for me. At least there is some filter and volume automation and you can hear the bass changing at the end of the song :) I even tried to adjust the arrangement to make the part with the synth on the first beat shorter cause i know there wasnt much modulation. Will come back for some more advice about this later


Try recording using keys.

Try just automating the cut-off, or using the auto filter with subtle settings to do it for you.

I usually do something simple like gradually opening the bass filter until the break, opening it up again to build tension in the break, and then once more in the second half. Sometimes with a few flashes of opening filter here and there.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jordan-louis

Subsekt special





Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
Small Penis
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Posts: 2638
bioniceye wrote:


yeah this is good, i can say its a typical jordanneke track but i dont,
only point for me the distortion is a little bit too much at the 4 min mark
and mayb the first flash of the synth needs some work, mayb some delay or mayb a little bit longer
the second one is perfect
i think you can add some percussion after the break


Amøbe wrote:


That second part is really lovely, but I think the break back the groove could benefit from going in another direction. Maybe "swarm it up" with some delay sends or something, so that it gets thicker. I think you master minimalism very well, so a step in the other direction could really take me places - and then cut back to bad ass groove!


Hades wrote:


I was gonna say : use some more filter modulation, but then you're past 1:35 and it's there.
I would think : tighten up the filter and amp envelope : make the attack and decay parts better.

Also, I think your kick needs to get a few milliseconds earlier.
Whether you use a transient designer, or just move that track delay slider...
but now it sounds as if the kick is behind on the rest of the track.

That's about all I can think of right now


Thanks all. I've taken on board all your suggestions, it sounds much better. Many thanks. I'm going to post it on the members tracks as it's no longer a wip.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jordan-louis

Subsekt special





Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 am 
Offline
Pig
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:32 am
Posts: 120
Hades wrote:
suppressor wrote:

hmm maybe i deleted it it some point... This is the updated URL.

https://soundcloud.com/suppressormusic/join-me-in-the-air/s-Vkv2x


is this some subtle way of yours to say you were a total cunt, wasting all of our precious time,
and, well, to cut to the chase... you were wrong right from the start ?? :D :D ;)

If you continue like that,
we might ask for some form of serious compensation,
like kangaroo burgers for all of us here,
and 17 boomerangs for all of Jordan's offspring.*


*You get extra points if you can smuggle in some Aboriginal servants.
I got the faint impression my mrs is cutting corners lately...


;) ;)


Baha! Yeah i might have fucked up.
The kangaroo burgers and boomerangs should be on the way as well.

*Shall i send them over by boat?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8718
suppressor wrote:
Baha! Yeah i might have fucked up.
The kangaroo burgers and boomerangs should be on the way as well.

*Shall i send them over by boat?


means of transportation are not of importance, just add enough beer !

I'm actually quite enjoying Glitch at the moment,
and hearing some stories from Shidzo from when he was living in Australia.
If we're honest, we know pretty much fuck all from your huge country.
Doing some traveling there is still on my to do list,
but I'm not seeing it happen any time soon...

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:19 am 
Offline
Small Penis
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Posts: 2638
Mate, boomerangs are no fucking use to me! I secretly try and throw shit out all the time.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jordan-louis

Subsekt special





Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
pregnant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:15 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Copenhagen
jordanneke wrote:
Mate, boomerangs are no fucking use to me! I secretly try and throw shit out all the time.


Well, it's annoying when it keeps coming back! :x

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8718
Amøbe wrote:
jordanneke wrote:
Mate, boomerangs are no fucking use to me! I secretly try and throw shit out all the time.


Well, it's annoying when it keeps coming back! :x


:D
such a stupid joke, and yet it put a big smile on my face.

man, trust me when I say I try to throw shit out all the time as well...
I mean, I have a big house, so there should be room enough,
but my mrs loves going to flee markets, and as a kid she never got a lot of toys from her parents,
so now she's over-compensating our kids constantly,
and on flee markets, they sell so many cheap toys...

Right now, I'm waiting for my new power conditioner to arrive,
but if my attic was just a little bit better under control, I would be able to find back the box with my power cables in it, so I could hook things up and get going again. But it's so stuffed with all sorts of boxes (that could be in our basement if it wouldn't be so full of other junk), that I literally risk my life trying to find it.

I know that there will be a day when I'm gonna miss all the toys everywhere, because it means my kids have grown up, but right now, that day can't come too soon. :)

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:16 am 
Offline
Pig
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:32 am
Posts: 120
Hades wrote:
suppressor wrote:
Baha! Yeah i might have fucked up.
The kangaroo burgers and boomerangs should be on the way as well.

*Shall i send them over by boat?


means of transportation are not of importance, just add enough beer !

I'm actually quite enjoying Glitch at the moment,
and hearing some stories from Shidzo from when he was living in Australia.
If we're honest, we know pretty much fuck all from your huge country.
Doing some traveling there is still on my to do list,
but I'm not seeing it happen any time soon...


We are such a long way from anywhere so i understand why no one has any idea what the fuck happens here.
Quick Rundown:
It looks like we will have legal gay marriage finally
We are smashing England in the ashes
Perc is playing in Melbourne soon and gonna smash it.
Milo Yiannopoulos is here at the moment trolling every lefty in the country.
Techno in Melbourne is absolutely bring rinsed by everyone...

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:59 am 
Offline
Small Penis
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Posts: 2638
suppressor wrote:

Milo Yiannopoulos is here at the moment trolling every lefty in the country.


My god that guy is a prick.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jordan-louis

Subsekt special





Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am 
Offline
Alf Garnett

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:56 am
Posts: 176
made a couple of tracks the other night. anything there?

https://soundcloud.com/user4687170


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline
pregnant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:15 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Copenhagen
Hades wrote:

:D
such a stupid joke, and yet it put a big smile on my face.

man, trust me when I say I try to throw shit out all the time as well...
I mean, I have a big house, so there should be room enough,
but my mrs loves going to flee markets, and as a kid she never got a lot of toys from her parents,
so now she's over-compensating our kids constantly,
and on flee markets, they sell so many cheap toys...

Right now, I'm waiting for my new power conditioner to arrive,
but if my attic was just a little bit better under control, I would be able to find back the box with my power cables in it, so I could hook things up and get going again. But it's so stuffed with all sorts of boxes (that could be in our basement if it wouldn't be so full of other junk), that I literally risk my life trying to find it.

I know that there will be a day when I'm gonna miss all the toys everywhere, because it means my kids have grown up, but right now, that day can't come too soon. :)


ooohh tell me about it. I mean my girlfriend and I don't have a big house (we have a pretty small apartment), but goddamn it if that's no obstacle for her to go crazy over different kind of quirky and "cute" stuff from fleemarkets... (and she keeps complaining about how much - which really isn't a lot - space my stuff takes up)!

nasty world :D

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
pregnant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:15 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Copenhagen
buffered wrote:
made a couple of tracks the other night. anything there?

https://soundcloud.com/user4687170


The first track (Extrusion) I like quite a bit :) There's a lot of evolving elements going on all the time (it reminds me a bit of Bjørn Svin's - danish techno legend - later stuff. However, some of the sounds you use are quite massive, so I think you could easily cut back on some elements without hurting the track.

The second track... I don't know what happened here. I can almost not tell when the kick "hits" - it just seem like a massive sound and much more like noise music or something. I'm gonna be honest with you - your first track is tenfold as good as the second! (But I think the first one is really something :) )

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:56 pm 
Offline
Mingler
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:39 pm
Posts: 25
Hello

Been reading a lot of stuff here, thanks to everyone (mainly voidloss), but also contributing where I know I know things to help others. This is the first time I've posted any thing, mainly because I think I'm only just at the stage where I think the tracks I make are alright.

keen to hear what people think about arrangements, mixing, mastering (that I did so its not really mastering) and instruments chosen. Literally anything that is constructive; not sure this is even techno. Like i said before, Any feedback gratefully received, because I think It sounds alright; if I thought it sounded shit, Id know what bits I think needed changing.

Thank you.


_________________
https://soundcloud.com/ussleigman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:50 am 
Offline
Alf Garnett

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:56 am
Posts: 176
Amøbe wrote:
buffered wrote:
made a couple of tracks the other night. anything there?

https://soundcloud.com/user4687170


The first track (Extrusion) I like quite a bit :) There's a lot of evolving elements going on all the time (it reminds me a bit of Bjørn Svin's - danish techno legend - later stuff. However, some of the sounds you use are quite massive, so I think you could easily cut back on some elements without hurting the track.

The second track... I don't know what happened here. I can almost not tell when the kick "hits" - it just seem like a massive sound and much more like noise music or something. I'm gonna be honest with you - your first track is tenfold as good as the second! (But I think the first one is really something :) )


Hey thanks for the comments Amobe. I will go back and pare down the Extrusion track. Agree, some of the elements going in background poke out too much at times.
Second track i like the simple structure but agree needs proper mixing. Will hopefully wrap them up this weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8718
Dussle wrote:
Hello

Been reading a lot of stuff here, thanks to everyone (mainly voidloss), but also contributing where I know I know things to help others. This is the first time I've posted any thing, mainly because I think I'm only just at the stage where I think the tracks I make are alright.

keen to hear what people think about arrangements, mixing, mastering (that I did so its not really mastering) and instruments chosen. Literally anything that is constructive; not sure this is even techno. Like i said before, Any feedback gratefully received, because I think It sounds alright; if I thought it sounded shit, Id know what bits I think needed changing.

Thank you.



dear mr Dussle,
please try to give feedback on like 2 or 3 of the last tracks posted in here, before asking for feedback on your own stuff.
If you've been reading a lot here, you should know that's what we ask as a community.
Now, I realize you might think "but I'm not sure I got enough experience to comment on.... blablabla".
But everybody can give his opinion on someone else's music, it doesn't have to be technical. Some times just an impression can give the person who made the clip something to think about. ;)

Not gonna give detailed feedback now before you give some feedback to others yourself,
but while quickly listening to your stuff : nice idea's in there, but you need to tighten the envelopes of pretty much all your sounds (apart from making the mix less muddy of course). Pretty much all your sounds are simply too long, and it's making it all drown a bit and having your elements clash too much. And your groove would be a lot better if you'd tighten up shit.

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8718
and while listening to some of your other tracks : you got quite the resonance addiction going on there ! ;)

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8718
I really liked your MXR Chromatology track,
but yeah, would shine a lot more when tightened up.

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles v1.1 designed by CodeMiles Team -TemplatesDragon-.