It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Trance new wave
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:00 am 
arsehole

This one should definitely be in here, one of the few happy-ish trance tunes I actually enjoy.

Post subject: Re: Trance new wave
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:43 pm 
Poo Fingers

Hades wrote:
Squill wrote:
Love whats happening in the trance and techno world, reminds of some of the tracks in the 90's where it was kind of blended in. People listed some good artists above already, Boston 168, I hate models, amotik. I would also check out Nthng, Exilles (they're a bit more on the techno side) Also check out sets from JOOF and airwave, all the old Bonzai guys. Tracks from those labels are still getting played today too like Yves Deruyter Back To Earth, and Netherworld from LSG (think I heard netherworld way too many times this year along with age of love)

"The Age Of Love" was one of the very first tracks that people "officially" considered to be trance (and it still rocks 25 years later), but most of the big name guys that play these old trance tunes pretty much always play the same ones (Nina & The House Of House, for example), while there are truly some forgotten gems. A lot of those old trance tracks are, as you say, a lot closer to techno than what people consider to be trance nowadays.
I'm Belgian and my teenage years where in the 90's, so yeah, I'm still proud of some of those tracks from around 92 to 97 (though of course they weren't all from Belgium).

I once blew a set of speakers with "The Rebel" from Yves Deruyter (after the break still one of my all time favorite tracks) when I was still a na√Įve and young DJ. I used the bass EQ knob to turn it up to give huge "accents" to certain kicks, kind of bringing in an extra rhythm, so to say. The speakers didn't survive the fun. :)

Mad trance history in Belgium. Was in Boom this summer and it was pretty awesome learning about the artists and the music that came out of there. Mike Push, Johan Gielen, Yves some of the great exports. Was hilarious when I found out the Antwerp goal song is sonic inc's taste of summer :lol: