Módulo Mental

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
psicomagia
Alf Garnett
Módulo Mental

Post by psicomagia »

Just public posted my first demo track online. I thought this day would never come, but after more than a year studying hard I think this is the first decent work that could go online (at least I think so..)

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Módulo Mental

Post by dubdub »

I kinda like the lowend. Those bright keys sound a bit off and overly dissonant to me. That sequence that comes in at ~15 seconds is too highpassed, could sit a bit lower in the mix and the ping-pong is a bit too much. I think your mix has enough space in the lower mids, it's a bit thin because everything else sits fairly high.

psicomagia
Alf Garnett

Post by psicomagia »

dubdub wrote:I kinda like the lowend. Those bright keys sound a bit off and overly dissonant to me. That sequence that comes in at ~15 seconds is too highpassed, could sit a bit lower in the mix and the ping-pong is a bit too much. I think your mix has enough space in the lower mids, it's a bit thin because everything else sits fairly high.
Thanks a lot for the tips, I'll have a look on that today. Cheers!

ricardoperazzo
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by ricardoperazzo »

I think you should find another way to introduce that ping pong delay at 15sec, it shows up out of nowhere. I also agree on the bright keys, they do sound a bit dissonant.
But i like on how it builds up and it sounds well mixed. Keep it up

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Like it but after listening on headphones the panning you have on the pulse bassline tires the ears out quite quickly

calum666
No Avatar = Thick Bastard

Post by calum666 »

I like the idea of the track, lots on cool sounds. But just going with what others have said about ping pong is a bit much and could use a bit more mids.

psicomagia
Alf Garnett

Post by psicomagia »

I will make a version with the feedbacks I received here and will repost soon. Thanks to everyone who helped!

fran cisco
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by fran cisco »

Very good job, it lacks a bit of dynamics for my taste, just to see the frequency of sampling you realize, but man, I dance the whole track

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Nothing else to add other than I think this is a good idea for a track and could work really well with the changes others have suggested.

Martian
Poo Fingers

Post by Martian »

Powerful low end, nice sound production/selection (especially that screaming lazer squelch). The ping pong delayed effect doesn't bother me when the mix is more dense, maybe you could use the effect only when more sounds are playing at once?
Mining for gold on planet earth.

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

+1 for what's said before. And maybe check your hihats and percussions tune. I think they could fit a little better. Crazy track :D
:geek:

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

work on the volume levels.
I would clear a lot of sounds from excessive freqs.
M/S eq and upward compression to get those tails controlled.
I m avoiding heavy panning.
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

psicomagia
Alf Garnett

Post by psicomagia »

I'd like to thank everyone who gave a feedback and helped. I read all the posts and advices and made a new version with a new intro and mixing. Regarding the tunings it's actually intentional, I'm experimenting with some notes off scale trying to explore this experimental/jazzy/psychedelic side of techno, but i'm still maintaining the low end in tune.

Here's the new version: https://soundcloud.com/alexsheeny/modul ... it/s-17LnQ