Joseph John - Outlawed

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Joseph John
fancy woman
Joseph John - Outlawed

Post by Joseph John »

New tune from me...a dancefloor thing...have a look and let em know what you think!!! cheers.

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears
Re: Joseph John - Outlawed

Post by over9000 »

i like the drive! proper dry techno banger there.
the drop after the break is nice too.
mix wise i think theres something wrong with the lowend i think. the rumble seems to be muddy in the mix and it interferes somehow with the lead thingy. maybe the lead is to high, or the base too low, cant really say.
from the arrangement you could add a bit more variation on the highhats for example and the lead also seems as if it would stay the same
good track overall!

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

cheers man, had a fiddle and took your advice a bit, did a bit of a master and the finished track has been updated, thank you for taking the time to give the feed back! top man!

give us a follow...if you like what you hear give me a shout you can just have em......

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Yeah, second the comment about the drive and the energy.

Whoa, those stabs are a bit loud, they come in really unexpectedly loud.

Those percs that come in at 2 mins, sound a bit alien from the rest of the mix somehow, like they were 'stuck on' afterwards. I think it's the fact that they are quite low passed (or something), and that the rest of the mix is quite sharp. They need some more work. The fact that they don't evolve or change means that they get a bit irritating by 4.30. Maybe it's just an issue with the mix, as with the stabs.

If I turn the volume right down, I can hear the stabs and the percs, which suggest that the mix needs work, as I (apparently) should be hearing the kick last.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

cheers man! i wanted the stabs to be a bit loud and disorienting if ya catch my drift? thanks for the comments mate.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

I'm really having a hard time not to read your posts in Bubbles' voice, does up the entertainment value though :v

What Jordanneke is referring to is a basic balancing trick, you don''t want to rip your listeners eardrums to shreds at higher volumes so it's more of practical suggestion than a taste thing. When you want things to cut through in a situation like this it's better to use other means than to crank up the volume on them.
Do like the groove you've built here, but I agree about those percs, sounds like they could do with a notch (or two), and maybe automate some reverb and a bit of filter movement.

All in all it's a cool track.
Last edited by tsaro on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
how far do you want to go

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

yeah mate! thanks, i will take a look...top work...

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Yes, the lowend is too rumbl-y and the stabs are too loud. The whole mix is also a bit too aggressive for me ears, could use some gentle saturation and smoothing across the board.

Joseph John
fancy woman

Post by Joseph John »

nice one, i have lowered the stabs on the break down, had a little play, overall i am happy with the mix, i think thats just down to personal preference...

Cheers for the input y'all.

fran cisco
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by fran cisco »

man, I really like his energy, only to the last thing I get a little monotonous: / I would add a lower one, but this track is going, I love it