Things I hate

General Chat // Music Discussion
arkos
Re: Things I hate

Post by arkos »

Lost to the Void wrote:
The austere beauty of the east is what appeals to me. Hard rugged beauty, and an unearthly feeling, like you could almost not be on earth.
I either want the utter melting pot madness of where I am (I have a very strange relationship with London, it's like being in a doomed and dangerous but exciting relationship, you know it's wrong and it won't end well. There is misery and fights and torture, but the sex is fucking amazing and never the same twice, and no matter how far away you get, that powerful fuck draws you back, fucks you like the dirtiest sluttiest whore, fucks till you can't move.... And then kicks you in the balls......... Anyone who says they know or understands London is either lying, or just never really got their hands dirty and found the seething underbelly of raw chaos that drives it), or total alien austere beauty, a complete removal from the utter sick and beautiful mad ugliness of humans.... Maybe I just yearn to return to my planet.
Holy shit Void that is deep, I'm sitting here thinking how I should respond to that and I cannot for the life of me figure that out :D Must give London another visit it sounds like never really got the city at all but I've only ever been twice.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

It`s not for everyone.
There is sickness to it, like a junk sickness. Feels great and then feels shit, but then you need it, and then it feels great etc etc.
Hard to explain, I had a friend from the states come and live with me for a few months and it gave me time to show him the full breadth of the madness of this place, from the top of the tower to the bottom of the pit, he wanted to move here, but he didn`t have the money, and even freely admitted, the courage, to really do it. It`s a meat grinder that gives you the best blowjob ever as it strips you of your flesh.
I have a unique perspective as I have lived both in the utter anonymity of the lowest rung counterculture, down with the squatters, the junkies, the homeless and the true misfits, the hardcore punks, freaked out artists, outcasts, criminals etc, but also I worked in the corporate world and moved within occult fraternities.
There is much about this place people just don`t know about, even those who have lived here their entire lives. Stuff like the power of the liveries, the worshipful companies, how the corporation of london is essentially a nation state like the vatican. I was working towards getting my Freedom of the City (it costs a lot of money and is fairly time consuming) and becoming a Freeman of the City of London with the Worshipful Company Of Musicians, but in the end decided my time with Fraternities is done.
Meh, I could go on about it for ages

It`s something I have found in old cities more than anything, there`s something inherent to how they work, the best and the worst of humanity combined with all the echoes of history and the promises of the future and the raw madness of the now.
. I recognise the only way I get out of this addiction alive is to, at some point, take up the life of an ascetic as I am a true hedonist it has to be all or nothing......, my attraction is for some kind of desert.... The lava fields of iceland, the dunes of Namibia, or if the country wasn`t what it is......the high deserts of Arizona... or the US mexican border.. It happens to lots of people that live here for a long time, they get spun around, and the longer they hang on, the faster it spins, and further away they fly when they let go.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:the high deserts of Arizona... or the US mexican border...
hell yeah !! Always loved that part of the country... 8-)
Lost to the Void wrote:or if the country wasn`t what it is.....
yep... :|
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

I'm going to Iceland. Gonna bring a friend too ..

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Iceland is great. Not sure I could live there, but it's a beautiful country.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Hades wrote:
The_G wrote: You're in Belgium, right? is there a verzuiling system like in the Netherlands?
well, there used to be,
but that's not exactly the cause of the current problems.
And "verzuiling" must have been a lot worse in Holland because you have a lot of protestants next to the catholics over there. Protestant church in Belgium is almost non existent.
I could give you specific practical examples that my mrs has to deal with from time to time that would baffle you,
but this discussion would lead us too far, and the site owners don't like it when religion gets discussed.
Haha okay we don't need to go there!

I know Holland much better than Belgium so it's interesting to hear about the similarities and differences.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I hate documentaries where they constantly use so called "re-enacted" scenes...
(which are 99% of the times so bad the word "cringe" is just not strong enough...
maybe "puke" ?? dunno, not very creative with words at the moment)

FFS... if I want to watch re-enacted shit, I would watch National Geographic channel,
but I am watching a documentary, therefore I do not need the visual aids from the re-enacted scenes to help me imagine myself what happened... :|

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

It's when everyone close to you, everyone that means something to you are fucked up with worry that you think, ok this is a problem ..

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

That and your body and mind telling you that you hit a wall at the same time ..

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Ok. Wrong thread...

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I hate nearly all voiceover narratives in film.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

intrusav wrote:Ok. Wrong thread...
no worries ;)

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

I hate reading 10 pages of posts. And snare rolls.

I hate snare rolls.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

arkos

Post by arkos »

intrusav wrote:I'm going to Iceland. Gonna bring a friend too ..
Rob a bank before then you might be able to get by :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I hate how as a man the older you get,
the more you start growing hair in funny places.
Ugh !

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I hate the fact I hate.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

StacieAnne wrote:I hate the fact I hate.
totally,
but on the other hand,
I don't exactly see myself as the type to love care bears and my little pony for the rest of my life...

Kromasome
arsehole

Post by Kromasome »

I hate that many of my favourite artists write songs with lyrics that can't easily be dissected into a specific and unquestionable meaning - I hate not knowing what the lyrics actually meant to them when they wrote them.

I also love that about them...

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I hate sand on the floor.

I hate mopping, but less than sand of the floor.

Perhaps installing a sand pit in the garden wasn't the greatest idea.