Thanks

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Kromasome
arsehole
Re: Thanks

Post by Kromasome »

jordanneke wrote:I usually save the gushing thanks for around x-mas time when the continuous supply of rum makes me a little 'tired and emotional'.

But yeah, this place rules.

Thanks to all that have helped me with my tracks, and the pro's Mattias and Steve who have made people on here miles better for essentially working for free.
This. Very grateful for the high quality and free advice in this forum.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

jordanneke wrote:I usually save the gushing thanks for around x-mas time when the continuous supply of rum makes me a little 'tired and emotional'.

But yeah, this place rules.

Thanks to all that have helped me with my tracks, and the pro's Mattias and Steve who have made people on here miles better for essentially working for free.
What inspired me was listening to my new album and realizing how much better it sounds than the last one, largely because of shit I learned here.

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

Mslwte wrote:
Plyphon wrote:Certainly is the best forum i've found out there, and I don't even make techno!
What do you make out of interest?

Nothing special just "house" - moodier, sleazy, more techno leaning - but house none-the-less !

gedda
Metric Martyr

Post by gedda »

Yeah, big shoutout to Void and Mattias. They literally hand it on a platter.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

I will second all of this! It really is the best place on the internet!

(what forum didn't you feel at home in before, if I may ask?)

Hedges
Chernobyl

Post by Hedges »

I want to chip in and say thanks to everyone also, would never have reached the level I'm at without the help and inspiration from everyone around here.

I don't come here often or post anymore because The Hole has devolved mostly into posts about hardware and we already have Muffwiggler and Gearslutz for that. At this point I'd even welcome one of the old 'reverb kick' threads.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Hedges wrote:
I don't come here often or post anymore because The Hole has devolved mostly into posts about hardware and we already have Muffwiggler and Gearslutz for that. At this point I'd even welcome one of the old 'reverb kick' threads.
We should probably do something about that. Hardware wanking is a bit boring.
I'd hate this place to ever get like gearslutz where its just twats collecting gear but not doing anything of any consequence.

I was going to do some more big tutorials but I'm so fucking busy right now.
I was supposed to be doing a weekly run through of stuff in the members tracks section in the mastering room to give technical feedback but I'm too swamped right now. Post festival time is always crazy.

Once shit calms down I'll get some more staple techniques written out to the full.

We do get a lot of the same questions again and again.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

Hedges wrote: I don't come here often or post anymore because The Hole has devolved mostly into posts about hardware and we already have Muffwiggler and Gearslutz for that. At this point I'd even welcome one of the old 'reverb kick' threads.

This is why I left Gearslutz actually. It's called the "Electronic Music Productionp Forum" but very little production talk happens there as it's just wanking over hardware released or vintage gear.

Which is a shame, because when once in a blue moon a production thread is started the knowledge tends to flow and come out of the woodwork - there are some guys there who know their stuff. It's just a shame it's buried by "What 3 synths would you take on a desert island" threads.

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

I'll take this opportunity to raise a virtual glass.

This forum is definitely different to the rest of them and way better for it.

I agree there could be some more production talk going on in the hole. I guess there comes a point when lots of the main things have been covered, there's always plenty to discuss discuss and at least get everyone thinking about approaching new ideas, techniques and experiments.

Hedges
Chernobyl

Post by Hedges »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Hedges wrote:
I'd hate this place to ever get like gearslutz where its just twats collecting gear but not doing anything of any consequence.

I was supposed to be doing a weekly run through of stuff in the members tracks section in the mastering room to give technical feedback but I'm too swamped right now. Post festival time is always crazy.

Once shit calms down I'll get some more staple techniques written out to the full.

Maybe it would be possible to create a sub-forum for hardware and software?

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

totally agree with all of you here, this place rules!
i learned soo much here already, going from total noob to still noob.
makes me happy like this boy
and alot more knowledge about production is already posted here on the site, i really enjoy to read old topics from time to time.
Thanks to all of you!

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Hedges wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:
Hedges wrote:

I agree with you that we seem to go through periods of heavy hardware chat and it puts me off a but too- but I don't think more sub forums are the way to go. It's up to people like us to post more topics about the stuff we are interested in! It's just that the forum has so much good information I don't think there are many things left I actually desperately need to know.

Anyway, Subsekt is great. I'm gonna get drunk in its honour this evening...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Hedges wrote:
I don`t know, too many sub forums dilutes things.
It`s been a busy summer for hardware releases, and techno heads do have a tendency to chase gear over mastery of what they have sometimes.
Things should get more production-ey until the next batch of Namm etc
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I don't see the problem with gear threads, it's not like this forum is moving so fast that they drown out the other threads. People just need to start make more technique/production threads. I'm always trying to make a thread when something/cool interesting comes to my mind, but I don't have ideas 24/7 :)

To me it seems like the overall activity in the hole has somehow gone down a bit in the last 2-3 months, which is weird because it should be picking up now that summer is over. This is also why making enough new threads is important, when there isn't any new activity, regular members will check in less and less, which causes people to drop out completely, which starts a feedback loop of decreasing activity and even more member loss. Obviously, Subsekt is doing quite well for a classic niche interest forum in 2017 but it's good to be precautious.