Soundtoys $10 storm relief sale.

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
HowieRis
quasi-public
Soundtoys $10 storm relief sale.

Post by HowieRis »

If you don't have Soundtoys stuff already it's probably worth picking up a bargain or two at some point in the next couple of days!

http://www.soundtoys.com/product/

zukenbauer
You only live once
Re: Soundtoys $10 storm relief sale.

Post by zukenbauer »

Thinking about echo boy..
You own and like any of them?

HowieRis
quasi-public

Post by HowieRis »

Yeah I bought the bundle a year or so ago. They're all great tools, there's not one in there that feels like it's not fit to bear the brand. Actually, SieQ is kind of unremarkable but I picked that up for free when it came out.

Hoover up what you can while it's cheap, because if you do buy the suite later on it takes into account what you already have registered and shaves quite a bit off the price. I wouldn't bother buying any single Soundtoys plugin at full price, they do deals all the time and you'll kick yourself if it's cheaper in a couple of months.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I'm seriously considering buying there for a future bundle super discount. Trump Tokens vs. Euro is good atm.

Good cause also. Gotta admire that about ST. Ain't the first time they've done stuff like that for charity.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Southpaw
quasi-public

Post by Southpaw »

Got Devil loc, love it. For my needs, just dialing in a little of this bad boy hits the spot. Anyone got the Devil loc deluxe?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Yeah. I've used devil loc deluxe a fair bit. It's distressor-ey
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

HowieRis
quasi-public

Post by HowieRis »

Yep a sniff of Devil-Loc deluxe on a drum bus is wicked. Mix knob removes the need for an auxiliary channel, the variable fast/slow response is good and you can tweak the 'darkness dial' to make it a bit less intrusive (darkness is nothing you can't do with LP filtering the non-deluxe version on an aux, but still - easy). I use it a lot!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yeah it`s great, only thing on it I don`t use is the crunch control, it just brings in really shitty sounding digital distortion (unusual for Soundtoys). Apart from that it`s a really nice plugin.
New Shit

HowieRis
quasi-public

Post by HowieRis »

Lost to the Void wrote:Yeah it`s great, only thing on it I don`t use is the crunch control, it just brings in really shitty sounding digital distortion (unusual for Soundtoys). Apart from that it`s a really nice plugin.
It would have been great if it had just borrowed one of Decapitator's saturation models, I'm pretty sure that's what they've done with all their other plugins.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

So if you buy these, you get a pretty big discount if you ever want to upgrade to the full suite.

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

i started some time ago with a similar offer, i grabbed all the little ones for 10€ each. Then some time after this they had the offer to trade in your existing single licenses for the complete bundle. So i had like 4 x 79€ and only had to pay the difference to the original bundle price.. what was a no brainer ;)
:geek:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

HowieRis wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Yeah it`s great, only thing on it I don`t use is the crunch control, it just brings in really shitty sounding digital distortion (unusual for Soundtoys). Apart from that it`s a really nice plugin.
It would have been great if it had just borrowed one of Decapitator's saturation models, I'm pretty sure that's what they've done with all their other plugins.
Yeah, strange huh?
I mean the unit it is based on is a very old brick wall limiter, so I imagine if you drove it hard, it probably didn`t distort in a very pleasing way, but even so, the distortion of Devil Loc is just blah.

But yeah, otherwise it`s a great bit of creative software. Reminds me a little of Sonalksis Uber Compressor, which is also a whole lot of fun.
New Shit