Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Planar
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Vibrating sub bass?

Post by Planar »

UN!T wrote:
Planar wrote:
Now I know what voice to use in my head when I read your posts. We all do that, right?
... Right fellas?
Please use Morgan Freeman's voice when reading mine. :mrgreen:

Too late, I already use Zooey Deschanel for you. Which makes me feel all confused. Shit. :lol:

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I'm already using Screech from Saved By The Bell for UN!T. I'm happy with this.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

It's too late for me now. My Screech is Pedro.

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

Planar wrote:
Planar wrote:

Please use Morgan Freeman's voice when reading mine. :mrgreen:

Too late, I already use Zooey Deschanel for you. Which makes me feel all confused. Shit. :lol:
This is acceptable too. :D
ICN wrote:I'm already using Screech from Saved By The Bell for UN!T. I'm happy with this.
Image :cry: :lol:
C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol:

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

Hey guys, I'm trying here these reverb on kick techniques, really helpfull stuff got from 0 to something. The quality is improving, but still quite far of what I want, I know I just started some days ago and I need to practice more. I was wondering if any of u guys recommend a reverb plug-in for that (waves or logic). Thanks a lot! Will send one here for feedback later if u guys don't mind! Cheers.
Diving into the black hole...

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

akirawithv wrote:Hey guys, I'm trying here these reverb on kick techniques, really helpfull stuff got from 0 to something. The quality is improving, but still quite far of what I want, I know I just started some days ago and I need to practice more. I was wondering if any of u guys recommend a reverb plug-in for that (waves or logic). Thanks a lot! Will send one here for feedback later if u guys don't mind! Cheers.
Vahalla Vintage Verb or Room Verb are both great ones, D16 Toraverb is also pretty great, a much different quality and feel and requires a bit of different tweaking - but with reverbs on kicks it all comes down to how you filter, process (saturation, distortion, etc), EQ, and mix it in reference to the primary kick, really. Bitcrushing and/or layering distortion and filtering can work wonders, just need to pay attention to what you tweak and create.

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

Great SFBM I'll try with my valhalla, I'm having some trouble with other stuff too but is hard to write em down. will bounce and post here so u can give me a feedback if that's ok.

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

Okay so here is what i did.

On my duplicated kick track i put these inserts:

-Utility to mono
-EQ HP 40 ish and LP 300 ish
- Compression
-Saturation
- valhalla reverb
- Twin tube harmonic enhanced

Then I bounced them, reversed and did some more EQ...

This is what I got:
https://we.tl/Rir0cxwKvC

Am I doing somethting wrong in the process or is it just a matter of time and practice? Thxxxx

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

And this is the same kick and bass with a 808 lowtom doing the percussive thing like lost to the void suggested...

https://we.tl/EdFzKb6zip

victer
Pig

Post by victer »

akirawithv wrote:Okay so here is what i did.

On my duplicated kick track i put these inserts:

-Utility to mono
-EQ HP 40 ish and LP 300 ish
- Compression
-Saturation
- valhalla reverb
- Twin tube harmonic enhanced

Then I bounced them, reversed and did some more EQ...

This is what I got:

Am I doing somethting wrong in the process or is it just a matter of time and practice? Thxxxx
I have been listening to your loop and I think you nailed the basics of the technique. It's difficult to give advice because we don't know what aim results you're aiming at. Time and practice will always take you where you want in the end. but as it has been mentioned before the end result is dependant on the other elements of the track and how you mix into them.
the only suggestion I could make is to add some effects or process your rumble in order to give it rythm , using sidechain compression or gaters, automations or whatever. you should easily find info about that in the hole.
facebook.com/bepulsed

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

Great Victer, thanks mate, I'll dig more for some answers but I want some more rhythm for sure!

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

akirawithv wrote:Then I bounced them, reversed and did some more EQ...

This is what I got:
this is a huge sound in terms of the headroom that it is going to take up in your master. apart from the side
chain you should pay attention around 150hz. there a lot of energy there and always give it a fair amount of cut.
give your ears time to adjust so you ll not have the feeling that the lows are ''missing'' and then A/B it. most likely
you ll hear the mud that is causing by kick and bass clushing. and by that you ll get cleaner lows and freeing up precious
headroom.
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

kostas wrote:

This is what I got:
this is a huge sound in terms of the headroom that it is going to take up in your master. apart from the side
chain you should pay attention around 150hz. there a lot of energy there and always give it a fair amount of cut.
give your ears time to adjust so you ll not have the feeling that the lows are ''missing'' and then A/B it. most likely
you ll hear the mud that is causing by kick and bass clushing. and by that you ll get cleaner lows and freeing up precious
headroom.
Thanks, that's exactly what's happening here, everything sounds too loud and I feel i dont have enough lows. Will do the cut around 150, thanks a lot for the tip

psicomagia
Alf Garnett

Post by psicomagia »

akirawithv wrote:
kostas wrote:

This is what I got:
headroom.
Thanks, that's exactly what's happening here, everything sounds too loud and I feel i dont have enough lows. Will do the cut around 150, thanks a lot for the tip
Rio de Janeiro o///

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

psicomagia wrote: Rio de Janeiro o///
Heyy mate! If u have fb add me there (Alexandre Chaves), would like to talk to u! Or soundcloud maybe(Vkiramusic)!