subsekt
Roland Boutique sh101 - It's Real

Post by Críoch »

Interested to find out more..

http://audioelectric.de/shop/product_in ... -blue.html

Translated from German

ITEM DESCRIPTION
Roland SH-01A Blue Synthesizer
The SH-01 is an accurate replica of the legendary Roland SH-101, one of the most popular synthesizer classics of all time. Our Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology reproduces the unique sounds of the SH-101 by accurately reproducing the original analog circuitry To the finest details and unusual sonic characteristics, which has given the synthesizer a special place in the heart of musicians and producers for decades. Roland's SH-01A delivers the great sound and creative balance of the original Roland boutique format, featuring exciting new polyphonic capabilities, inspiring new performance features, and a true-to-life authenticity.
ACB technology offers sounds from the SH-101 synthesizer classic, including bass, lead, noise and sound effects
New unison, chord and four-voice polyphony modes extend the original sound palette
Internal sequencer with 64 available patterns for storing and retrieving
Easy-to-use arpeggiator with three playback modes, note hold and three-way transpose switch
CV / Gate output to control modular or vintage synthesizer
Multiple synchronization options including internal and external MIDI, USB MIDI, LFO Clock and Trigger input
64 rewritable preset patches for enhanced performance
Selectable, advanced LFO with new waveforms and extended clock rates
Send and receive MIDI control change messages via standard MIDI or USB
High quality construction with front panel made of metal
Easy transport for mobile music
Battery powered (4x AA) or USB powered
Compatible with the K25m Keyboard Unit and additional, optional Roland Boutique accessories
The legendary SH-101 came on the market in 1982 and was a comparatively simple, monophonic synthesizer. In contrast to far more complex synthesizers of the time, the SH-101 gained rapidly popularity due to its characteristic sound and the simple 1 VCO> 1 VCF> 1 VCA> 1 LFO structure. A variety of artists appreciated the SH-101 for its fast programmability, bright, edgy sounds and exciting sonic effects. In particular the basses have a legendary reputation and almost every magic of the SH-101 fits perfectly into the overall mix.
More than 30 years later, countless electronic artists around the world are still striking behind the Trademark sounds of the SH-101. The SH-101 is the basis of every vintage synthesizer collection and can be found in superbly equipped world-class studios. Now it provides the inspiration for the new SH-01A.

SH-101 originals are becoming increasingly rare and are offered to ever-higher buzzers on the used market. For this reason, there is a whole range of sample libraries, hardware replicas and software plug-ins that are more or less oriented on the original SH-101. The SH-01A is an exact reproduction of what makes the original so special, including a 100% authentic, more compact user interface.
Thanks to proprietary Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, the SH-01A's sound is just as vibrant and dynamic as the original. Thanks to ACB, all the details and sound features of the original hardware can be simulated by modeling each individual analogue circuit down to the individual components. Personal conversations with the original developers and constant research far beyond the original circuit diagrams resulted in a detailed reproduction of the behavior of the oscillators, filters and envelopes - the perfect basis for a new generation of "101" fans.

One of the most creative features of the original SH-101 was the 100-note step sequencer. Simply press "Load", enter notes one after the other with legato and pauses, press "Play" - done. Designed to inspire with the greatest possible simplicity, The SH-101 sequencer was the starting point of countless bass lines and lead melodies of legendary dance tracks. The SH-01A has the largest limitation, the reduction to only one single playable sequence: Now up to 64 sequencer patterns can be stored and played - ideal for any performance situation. Access all patterns at any time and use the sequencer to control your modular rig, your hardware synthesizer and software plug-ins via CV / Gate, MIDI and USB. In this way, the SH-01A becomes the centerpiece of your electronic instrument setup, both on stage and in the studio.

The SH-101 drew its power and soundness from a single tremendously powerful oscillator. The SH-01A now has four of these tremendous voices, with which various modes can be formed, Which expand the sound palette of the original. In addition to the classic mono mode, the four voices can be operated in unison mode to add additional punch to the bass and lead sounds. The chord mode allows you to layer up to four notes, each of which can be transposed at semitone intervals. In Poly mode, up to four notes can be played simultaneously. The legendary mono synthesizer now also features pads and chords. In Poly mode, up to four notes can be played simultaneously. The legendary mono synthesizer now also features pads and chords. In Poly mode, up to four notes can be played simultaneously. The legendary mono synthesizer now also features pads and chords
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

sergiobR1
Wastedddd
Re: Roland Boutique sh101 - It's Real

Post by sergiobR1 »

ACB means NO analog right ?

such a shame... I was hoping something more like the se-02
we speak of art with flaming passion
then do work void of compassion
and wonder why reality is bleeding fiction

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Aye.. need to hear it. It's the boutique I've had most interest in so far. Lots of new features too.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

xonetacular
Gnasher

Post by xonetacular »

ACB, yawn

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

There are rumours that a D-50 boutique version is coming also... .
Keep milking Roland! I'm not buying any of the boutiques because of the format.
SH-101's aren't rare; you see them pop up every week on second hand sites.

winston
unsure

Post by winston »

WOLF! wrote:There are rumours that a D-50 boutique version is coming also... .
Keep milking Roland! I'm not buying any of the boutiques because of the format.
SH-101's aren't rare; you see them pop up every week on second hand sites.
£800 quid for an original which might have some character, or the new one for half the price that does USB to your daw and has 4 voices.

i'm not buying one either, but it does have a few decent looking features

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I'm keeping an open mind until I see more.

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

Roland never fails... to fail.

thekidhenry
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by thekidhenry »

thanks so much!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

808am

sh101 in 3 colours. 808 boutique also.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Roland Sho1a.. €399 Thomannp. For a bit more you could get a real 101. Pity cos this no doubt will push up prices.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I'm intrigued...a 4-voice sh-101.

(...and ftr ACB sounds fantastic on the existing boutiques.)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I really like the look of this. It sounds spot on.

The sliders appear to be better in use than the tiny, packed together knobs. Even though the keys on that board are small.. I do think you'd need to get one to get the most out of the seq/arp.

Would be great to be analog & all.. but it sounds great to me as an instrument so far. Can't argue with the sounds in this jam.

youtu.be/t6agZX4F8vA

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

This popped up at the Behringer fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/post ... 8433068914

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Excellent. Looks deadly if it's real.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

People moan about the acb are generally just blah.
The boutique machines sound great, the acb technology is excellent.
I was going to buy the JU and sell my Juno, so I went to the store to try out the initial boutique range.
The main issue with these things is the ridonkulous size.
It's hard to convey how fucking small these things are unless you have played with them.
The sliders are basically rubbish, half resolution, very hard to accurately get sweet spots and small change.
The knobs are better as the range in a rotary is always the same, but still, so small.

It's the dumb ass size that stopped me from buying any of these things. Roland just can't make a decent decision about anything.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

xonetacular
Gnasher

Post by xonetacular »

Behringer to the rescue

God I love it :lol:

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

Those tits certainly aren't boutique sized :D

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

Lost to the Void wrote:People moan about the acb are generally just blah.
The boutique machines sound great, the acb technology is excellent.
I was going to buy the JU and sell my Juno, so I went to the store to try out the initial boutique range.
The main issue with these things is the ridonkulous size.
It's hard to convey how fucking small these things are unless you have played with them.
The sliders are basically rubbish, half resolution, very hard to accurately get sweet spots and small change.
The knobs are better as the range in a rotary is always the same, but still, so small.

It's the dumb ass size that stopped me from buying any of these things. Roland just can't make a decent decision about anything.
People often overlook the interface of a instruments. Certainly in these times where hardware is claimed to be cool and mass produced.
Like void says good luck with finding the sweet spots on a 3 cm slider.
With that point off view, I think the JX-3P is the best boutique format because it lacks faders.
And don't even mention software editors to edit the boutiques; that's just missing the point of these hardware recreations.