proving myself into non-experimental territory

we speak of art with flaming passion
then do work void of compassion
and wonder why reality is bleeding fiction

SFBM
&roid
Re: some classic techno

Post by SFBM »

Some nice, solid sounding pounding techno here. Very nice. Reminds me a bit of older Sleeparchive style or abdulla Rashim, maybe a bit like shifted. Very good!

Andre_Crom
rescued

Post by Andre_Crom »

really nice! nothing to add.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

The panning on these noise-y hats is a bit too much, feels disorienting. The kick doesn't come through the mix because of the bassline/riff - I'd say it has too much in the lows and not enough in the higher mids, feels a bit muddy. The drums feel a little thin, too much high pass, I think. The clap could be a bit louder.

sergiobR1
Wastedddd

Post by sergiobR1 »

Thx to everyone for the feedback :D

dubdub wrote:The panning on these noise-y hats is a bit too much, feels disorienting. The kick doesn't come through the mix because of the bassline/riff - I'd say it has too much in the lows and not enough in the higher mids, feels a bit muddy. The drums feel a little thin, too much high pass, I think. The clap could be a bit louder.
I'm so sorry bro, I can't feel anything u are talking about :(
Are you listening with monitors ?

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

There's a layer/part of your bass line that kind of masks the knock of your kick.
The open hats do feel a bit outside of the whole because of the unstable panning (same thing on monitors and headphones) nothing that can't be fixed with a splash of reverb to tie it together, or even just narrowing the width a little. I'm personally more bothered by the lack of dynamics of your closed hats.

Don't think your claps are too quiet, if anything I'd say some of the occasional ones are a bit loud. Your 'regular' claps sound fine to me. The rest of the elements also sound good to me, you've got a nice little roller here.
how far do you want to go

sergiobR1
Wastedddd

Post by sergiobR1 »

As you can hear guys on the beggining, I have a delayed bus on the bassline that's taking almost eveything of the stereo field.

I was forced to create some movement to the shakers and rides.

I don't have hi hats on this track :(
only 2 shakers and a ride.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

There are some high frequency sounds which follow regular hihat patterns, so let's pretend that it's about those ones :P

And it's just an opinion, if you're happy with it then by all means leave it. For example people always tell me to turn up the high frequency content in my tracks, but I rarely do since my ears seem to be a bit sensitive in that area. Unless I produce a track in one go on headphones, then it's just a crap shoot :v
how far do you want to go