New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Hades »

any links to your music ?
if you focus on the atmospherical parts, I'd love to hear it.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

tobias50679
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by tobias50679 »

Ney nothing public yet. Wanted it to sound good before uploading. But im workin on it right now. Will finish today/tomorrow and post soundcloud link as soon as theres something up.
But dont expect too much :)

Happy saturday

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome Everyone. Thanks for dropping by :D
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

Hi guys,

ZenoSupreme here from the netherlands. Been doing hiphop production and recording (under another name) for about 14 years. about 1 year ago I switched to techno production and dj'ing, don't really know why, guess i just felt like it :). for production i use fl studio. Annyway... hope i can learn a lot from this forum and also share some knowledge :).

Greetz!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

tobias50679 wrote:Ney nothing public yet. Wanted it to sound good before uploading. But im workin on it right now. Will finish today/tomorrow and post soundcloud link as soon as theres something up.
But dont expect too much :)

Happy saturday
you know, I just spent the last 2 days making music with Kostas here in his house in Heraklion,
getting seriously wasted on the beach,
and having to massively restrain myself from not trying out Greek pussy.
Meanwhile we talked about music a lot...
One of the things we discussed is that I honestly believe that you never benefit from hiding your music.
It's one thing to say "ok, nothing's public yet",
I can totally understand that,
everybody has to go through that phase where you get confident enough to make others listen to your music and be able to hear the feedback. But you can still post a private link here, don't be afraid to do so.

I think in general we try to give constructive feedback here.
This does, of course, not automatically mean always positive feedback,
but it is the most valuable feedback you will learn from.
Nobody's helped by some friend of yours who knows shit about electronic music, who is just trying to be kind and says "yeah, it's good" when he/she listens to your music.
Even if it's only mediocre shit, and you realize you still have a lot to learn,
it's not like you are spamming anyone with your stuff, especially if someone specifically asks about your music,
au contraire !

Another thing is that over here we ALL love electronic music, so you get feedback from the people that matter most.
I will not say that others can't have valid opinions on our music, but yesterday Kostas put up some of my tracks for a group of his friends in the room. 2 years ago, I would have been very uncomfortable with that situation. Now I'm totally fine with it if it doesn't last longer than a few tracks.
Anyway, I told him today it was nice that I could see that all his friends liked my tracks and the tracks we made together. As in, they were literally physically reacting to my/our music, not just coming up with a stupid few words trying to please you. And then he said he met all of them in a club, so yeah, that obviously explains why the response is that much better. But Kostas' reply was simply : "yes, but that's the people we make this music for, no ? Not the other ones that don't like techno anyway." And that struck me as a very simple yet excellent remark. :D

Don't be afraid to show us your music. ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ZenoSupreme wrote:Hi guys,

ZenoSupreme here from the netherlands. Been doing hiphop production and recording (under another name) for about 14 years. about 1 year ago I switched to techno production and dj'ing, don't really know why, guess i just felt like it :). for production i use fl studio. Annyway... hope i can learn a lot from this forum and also share some knowledge :).

Greetz!
hello mr supreme (why the name zenosupreme if I may ask ?) and welcome.

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

I find Zeno to be a cool name, and adding supreme just made it sound right to me :).

Neal
fake

Post by Neal »

Hi.

Long time lurker, vinyl collector, live in the north of England, specifically enjoy the works of Avian, Semantica, Ostgut Ton and similar labels, also UK based stuff like Blueprint. I go to different cities around Europe to experience clubs.

[Ø]
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by [Ø] »

righteous

heyitsleyy
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by heyitsleyy »

Hey,

I'm from Paris, been producing for a couple of years, I've been through different styles but I always come back to loopy / hypnotic / atmospheric stuff. Really like stuff on Avian, Northern Electronics, Semantica, Granulart etc etc...
I also love more experimental stuff : IDM, ambient, drone.

Played a fully hardware improvised liveset in a club in Paris once with a friend, and did a drone / noise / ambient gig at an art exposition once but I never released anything, I barely put my stuff online, I'm hoping i'll find the force to do it here :)

I mainly use hardware to sketch out stuff, and then process in Ableton.

Also hang out a lot on r/synthesizers, name is Leyy_ over there, and a bit on Elektronauts as well.

Cheers !

Neal
fake

Post by Neal »

heyitsleyy wrote:Hey,

I'm from Paris, been producing for a couple of years, I've been through different styles but I always come back to loopy / hypnotic / atmospheric stuff. Really like stuff on Avian, Northern Electronics, Semantica, Granulart etc etc...
I also love more experimental stuff : IDM, ambient, drone.

Played a fully hardware improvised liveset in a club in Paris once with a friend, and did a drone / noise / ambient gig at an art exposition once but I never released anything, I barely put my stuff online, I'm hoping i'll find the force to do it here :)

I mainly use hardware to sketch out stuff, and then process in Ableton.

Also hang out a lot on r/synthesizers, name is Leyy_ over there, and a bit on Elektronauts as well.

Cheers !
Hey, you sound like a clone of me. Same label interests, I hardly put stuff online but have come here to share my music. Perhaps share some stuff with each other if you like?

heyitsleyy
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by heyitsleyy »

Neal wrote: Hey, you sound like a clone of me. Same label interests, I hardly put stuff online but have come here to share my music. Perhaps share some stuff with each other if you like?
The techno stuff I do is mainly me coming home from work and turning on my machines, jamming for 2 hours then shutting them down, I'm so anxious about it that the only stuff I record isn't techno, because I don't feel like i'm exposing myself if it's not techno, weird... I really need to get out of this mindset haha... I have some stuff on my youtube channel but it's pretty random, not techno :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7M8E ... WYaIY1jlDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OnN1Qlg7v4&t=914s that's the noise thingy I did, iPhone recording and it's only half of the thing.

I don't know if it's against the rules to post like this here, I'll remove it if necessary, I would have PM'd you but I don't think I can yet hah !

I would gladly listen to your stuff if you have anything finished though !

Neal
fake

Post by Neal »

heyitsleyy wrote:
Neal wrote: Hey, you sound like a clone of me. Same label interests, I hardly put stuff online but have come here to share my music. Perhaps share some stuff with each other if you like?
The techno stuff I do is mainly me coming home from work and turning on my machines, jamming for 2 hours then shutting them down, I'm so anxious about it that the only stuff I record isn't techno, because I don't feel like i'm exposing myself if it's not techno, weird... I really need to get out of this mindset haha... I have some stuff on my youtube channel but it's pretty random, not techno :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OnN1Qlg7v4&t=914s that's the noise thingy I did, iPhone recording and it's only half of the thing.

I don't know if it's against the rules to post like this here, I'll remove it if necessary, I would have PM'd you but I don't think I can yet hah !

Just listened, really cool. We can PM, think you have to go on the members section and find the user account you want to pm. I'll give it a go.

heyitsleyy
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by heyitsleyy »

Neal wrote:
heyitsleyy wrote:

Just listened, really cool. We can PM, think you have to go on the members section and find the user account you want to pm. I'll give it a go.
I can't PM yet since my name is still red :(

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Bienvenue ley, I might come live in paris next year, you'll let me visit your studio j'espère :lol:

Neal
fake

Post by Neal »

[/quote]

I can't PM yet since my name is still red :([/quote]

Aah ok, shame there's no way to privately carry on the conversation. I'll maybe post some stuff on the members tracks over the weekend.

heyitsleyy
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by heyitsleyy »

Prophän wrote:Bienvenue ley, I might come live in paris next year, you'll let me visit your studio j'espère :lol:
On peux s'arranger !

Where do you live ? Coming to study / Work ?

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I think the red thing (=being a new member) only lasts for the first 20 posts or so.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

heyitsleyy wrote:

not against the rules at all.
We only ask for giving feedback to others when you post in the members tracks part or the post a clip part.
Why don't you put more stuff online ?
I just checked out your 3 tracks, and they're all pretty damn sweet (and the techno one is begging for a longer clip).
Don't be ashamed to expose your music a bit more.

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

Hades wrote:and having to massively restrain myself from not trying out Greek pussy.
ahehm... nationalization of the pussy! that s interesting! I thought wherever you go it s about the same.. keep the flags out of my bed!!
hehe but yeah you had a hard time to keep yourself in check and not satisfying the local demand !
and it was good time dropping some ideas or two together, but wait more is coming!
heyitsleyy wrote:The techno stuff I do is mainly me coming home from work and turning on my machines, jamming for 2 hours then shutting them down, I'm so anxious about it that the only stuff I record isn't techno, because I don't feel like i'm exposing myself if it's not techno, weird... I really need to get out of this mindset haha... I have some stuff on my youtube channel but it's pretty random, not techno :

Yeah that was an interesting one honestly didn t know you can make such work with a gameboy! nice channel love the modular.
oh and don t overthink about exposing more of your work you re already there ffs!
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''