Underground techno tips

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Lizbon20
Interact. Don't Spam.
Underground techno tips

Post by Lizbon20 »

Hi! I'm new here but I read a lot of posts in this forum and decided to make my first to ask you some help! I am trying to make some kind ofundergrund techno like ø phase, rødhad, zadig etc... could anyonegive some tips ,tricks, videos ,tutorials ,whatever to put me on the right track?

calum666
No Avatar = Thick Bastard
Re: Underground techno tips

Post by calum666 »

Hi Lizbon welcome. Are you sure you have read through the forum? There is so much information on here. Try typing techno production tutorial or what ever technique you want to learn in to youtube and more than likely something will come up. How long have you been producing? WHat software/hardware do you use?

Lizbon20
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Lizbon20 »

Well I produce for like 2years now , I work all in the box with a midi keyboard. I use ableton as a DAW , I have massive, sylenth,ANA from sonic academy, fm8,some d16 plugins etc...and recently i've been experimenting with reaktor 6 blocks! but I am trying to be more specific in the genere of the artist I said because there is very litle information about it! How they achive their synth sound,the textures, how and when they use efx sends etc... or maybe I'mnot searching well but I dont realy know what exacly should I search because techno has lot of subgeners and most of the information is about more comercial or dub types!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Everything you need to know is pretty much covered here.
http://subsekt.com/viewforum.php?f=48

Once you have read and tried everything here, come back with specific questions.

Otherwise the answer is Experiment with your instruments.

Underground techno is about exploring and experimenting, which is why there is no guide to making it. The point is to do your own thing.

Asking how to make underground techno is like asking how to be different......
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

gab
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by gab »

Lost to the Void wrote:Everything you need to know is pretty much covered here.
http://subsekt.com/viewforum.php?f=48

Once you have read and tried everything here, come back with specific questions.

Otherwise the answer is Experiment with your instruments.

Underground techno is about exploring and experimenting, which is why there is no guide to making it. The point is to do your own thing.

Asking how to make underground techno is like asking how to be different......
exactly this, and the classic subforum is gold!

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

Don't try to overcomplicate things in the beginning. Don't get too many samples and plugins but try to make what you have work for you. Experimentation = progression.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

You've come to the right place. Its for the same reason we like this techno as why there isnt a straightforward way of making it. It can take years to sculpt your sound and destill tour workflow down to the bare essentials.

For underground techno though, I'd suggest getting a decent shovel first and foremost.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

A decent shovel and maybe a mental condition.
New Shit

Lizbon20
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Lizbon20 »

Thank's for all your replys! I am reading all the posts sugested but it will take a while !there are a lots of them xd

1nfinitezer0
Tiesto

Post by 1nfinitezer0 »

Underground techno has to be made in a studio that was formerly a bomb shelter, otherwise it's not authentic. All that extra earth and concrete helps dampen the capitalist radiation that prevents digital from sounding as good as an analog synth that's warming up from the cold.

Lizbon20
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Lizbon20 »

Ok that classic forum actualy has a ot of good information and it realy helps a lot! I didnt realize that i was such a noob in some aspects!xd i realize that wavetable synths are something i should dig a bit more, so i was thinking on trying one of the waldorf vst for those weird sound and techno sequences maybe the largo or nave which one wold you recomend ?IKnow that that massive is as wavetables and serum is the one everybody talks about but theres something in the waldorf stuf that sound awsome am i wrong? and by the way i was looking dor some cheap controler with lots of knobs to control most of the stuf in my d16 drum machines anyone does this?

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Another tip though not specific to Techno. But sounds like you have enough synth and effect plug ins. Don't buy anymore instead spend the time to learn the techniques in the classic forum with the equipment you have.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

As Ashley said, apply all the techniques from the classics forum, new synths won't make much difference to what you have already.

Keep applying them until you really understand them. Then start exploring and extrapolating on these skills.
Your imagination will do the rest.

It's how you use the tools you have that counts
New Shit

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Buy a gas mask.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

msl wrote:Buy a gas mask.
And dont forget to trade your Vneck shirt for an al black tshirt. While you are im the store get a plain white tshirt for 25 euros too. You never know, there might be a vast population of black tshirt in tha club, so you'll deff need a backup.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

1nfinitezer0 wrote:Underground techno has to be made in a studio that was formerly a bomb shelter, otherwise it's not authentic. All that extra earth and concrete helps dampen the capitalist radiation that prevents digital from sounding as good as an analog synth that's warming up from the cold.

this right here is my problem! I'm way too overground (2nd floor to be exact!) Do you have any solutions to this?

Leskey
non reader

Post by Leskey »

Amøbe wrote:
1nfinitezer0 wrote: this right here is my problem! I'm way too overground (2nd floor to be exact!) Do you have any solutions to this?
Move...

In Stockholm we have lots of ppl living underground in the metro system. The rent is good. Can hook you up!

MeTeK
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by MeTeK »

Hey,

You should take a look on it : https://www.audiotent.com/blog/

There is some really good tips ! I'm sure you will find something for you !

sergiobR1
Wastedddd

Post by sergiobR1 »

only black clothes from independent designers.
we speak of art with flaming passion
then do work void of compassion
and wonder why reality is bleeding fiction

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Leskey wrote:
Amøbe wrote:
1nfinitezer0 wrote: this right here is my problem! I'm way too overground (2nd floor to be exact!) Do you have any solutions to this?
Move...

In Stockholm we have lots of ppl living underground in the metro system. The rent is good. Can hook you up!
An easier solution is to record your tracks to an old cassette(cds for example are wiped clean too easily, and this way you get the added bonus of analog degradation), then bury it in your back yard, and dig it up again after a fortnight. It's the one low budget underground techno trick they don't tell you about.
how far do you want to go