Elektron ANALOG RYTM user topic

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Alume
Confetti
Re: Elektron RYTM user topic

Post by Alume »

Senko wrote:Are there any proper video examples of RYTM doing something other than regurgitated tool techno of the last decade? I'm just not getting that "wow factor" from it. I've seen some complex stuff on a Tempest, but I just can't get any convincing evidence of the RYTM being what people say that it is.
youtu.be/Xuin1dyDBkg

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

Having a rytm as well. Really like it. Great to have envelopes additionally to the synth engine parameter decay.
Liking the sound. not sure about the hihats and toms. The new ride engine is awesome I think.

I liked this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jbudplqRlU

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

How am I supposed to keep the machine recording when I hit the stop button, you know sometimes the loop keeps going, or the delay etc.

I'm talking about recording to DAW.

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

Got it

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

So from looking into the Rytm + Overbridge more, I get the impression that I could setup the following work flow:

1) Start an Ableton project, load Overbridge, ignore the machine, then treat Overbridge an 8 ch drum 'VST' while creating a sound palette via the DAW/mouse. And then route all 8 channels to separate input tracks in Ableton.

2) Put down the mouse, move to the machine, and sequence shit out (with each Rytm channel routing through a separate Ableton channel).

3) Move back to Ableton. Re-create the sequences I came up with on the Rytm as Ableton clips, then sequence the Rytm externally.

4) Automate all the Rytm parameters as part of my Ableton arrangement.

5) Ctrl + S everything and have it recall later.

... is all of that possible? I really like my workflow in Ableton with drum rack channels, effects chains, options for automations, total recall, etc. I just want x0x style sequencing for actually coming up with the rhythms I use. The Rytm almost seems too good to be true.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Yeah that should be possible, though it seems a bit convoluted to me.

What is it that you want from the rytm? Only the sequencing and the the ovebridge capability? Or also the sound and its other features?

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

Mainly for the x0x style sequencing aspect, but also for the sound engine. Gives an alternative to using straight samples.

I may or may not want to ultimately sequence from Ableton, but it's nice to know I can preserve that option.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

I could suggest the digitakt too, as it can also sequence external gear. Then again if you are also looking at the rytm for the sound engine and getting away from samples it should be a good choice.

If you can get one for around 1150 you can always sell it again for the same price.

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

I don't have any other external gear at the moment, so that feature of the Digitakt doesn't draw me. Having the rytm's sound engine is an option sounds nice. Also just unplugging it from time to time and sitting on the couch or porch while jamming some shit out.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Yeah man perfect, get at it then!

Got any projects coming out?

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

Just rather broke atm, otherwise I think I will!

Nothing new in the pipeline yet, but I've got some stuff simmering on the back burner. Been focused on getting the fuck out of grad school this year. Once I defend in 3 weeks I'm planning to spend time on music again.

monot
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by monot »

Rytm user. Cool thread. I glance at Elektronauts from time to time but styles are so varied it's hard to get proper advice on how best to use it in a techno context. To my embarrassment though, I do end up using the sample playing capabilities waaay too much and need to explore the synthesis machines much deeper.

monot
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by monot »

Senko wrote:Are there any proper video examples of RYTM doing something other than regurgitated tool techno of the last decade?
Forgive my ignorance, Senko, but what is 'tool techno'?

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

A techno tool, or tool tracks can refer to techno tracks that are mostly used and made in a dj set context. Usually they are plain beats that arent really interesting on their own but can be really good when mixed together(depending om the dj's skillz)

monot
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by monot »

Alume wrote:A techno tool, or tool tracks can refer to techno tracks that are mostly used and made in a dj set context. Usually they are plain beats that arent really interesting on their own but can be really good when mixed together(depending om the dj's skillz)
Cheers, Alume :)

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Okay, let's get back to workflow (rytm/ ableton live) questions. How are you working with this when it comes to arrangement? I'm thinking about using song mode to scibble my basic arrangement and then record it in live while jamming over it with scenes, fills and perfomance.. What's missing here is that i want to have sequences in live going on like sample based stuff, recorded synths or other sequenced ext. gear.. I guess it will be hard to jam it all out at once. Anyone got tips for working with rytm as a centre and arranging tracks in live using clips and other ext. gear? Maybe just plain recording rytms patterns and then arrange in live via clips is an option, too. Or working with program change messages in your arrangement. But I think I'd lose rytms arranging and jamming skills and I really wanna work a little more otb.
:geek:

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Ableton can send program change to rytm, this way you can change the clips at the same time as patterns on rytm that's basic. You could that way be all the time on performance/scene mode in rytm. I guess thats best workflow.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Bit of an old thread.. but wanted to ask about Magix Music Mak..eh, I mean the AR, of course! 😜

Looks like I might be picking one up. I reckon it's in good nick as I previously got a MD from the same chap & he looks after his gear.

How are the Analog Rytm MK1's holding up physically?

I like the sound.. and the OS looks to have got some.brilliant updates, including a synth &.digitakt style conditional triggers.

Between the seq, synth, Analog drums & samples.. the AR mk1 seems like a no-brainer if you can get one in good condition & @ a good price. Or am I wrong?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

If you're intersted, I'm selling mine. It's a mk1 in absolute mint condition.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Im getting this one, hopefully for €600..
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB