Subsekt summer meeting 2017

General Chat // Music Discussion
tenga
brown envelope
Re: Subsekt summer meeting 2017

Post by tenga »

Lost to the Void wrote:Well, the venue, both the club and the place to hold the production class Q&A, probably won`t cost anything.
The club I can arrange with the collective, it`s a good size but I think as long as they have enough advance confirmation we should be able to do that with no cost.
The place for production talk/Q&A is their record shop which has a small club area (and bar) in the back, so again it shouldn`t cost as there will be plenty in the city interested.

Accommodation I can start sorting out ASAP, one of the guys is coming at the end of the month to London, so I can discuss it with him, or I can start whenever, it should be fairly easy to sort.
Depending on how many of us there are, we could share a large villa, or a small complex relatively inexpensively somewhere around the beach.

Matty has shown not one iota of interest in this, so it would be nice if someone else can do some stuff on production for the Q&A, production session thing. I could arrange a guest, but then we would have to club together for some type of feee.
People I know I could sort out fairly easily to do a talk or something...

Nick Dunton (65D Mavericks)
Makaton (Rodz Konez)
Kareem (Zhark)
Huren (Zhark)
Casual Violence

I could possibly talk to Inigo Kennedy, and could maybe arrange for him to play the club as well as do some kind of talk on production/creativity, so some kind of fee split could be arranged, but he is busy so again, I would need to know well in advance to sort that out.

Any other suggestions are welcome, I know a shit ton of people so it could probably be arranged somehow.

I thought some of Subsekt could play the club, but it looks like Mslwte is doing a gig on the night we picked, and Matt is not interested. Might be cool to get hades in the chillout room doing some ambient type of stuff live?

I mean, the initial idea was the club to have subsekt mainstayers play music in the club night, but we could also just maybe pick an artist/artists we really would like to see, and get them booked?

There are also beach vollyball courts all the way up the beach, so we could also arrange a Subsekt pissup/beach volley day.
Great news Steve!!

Its not very clear from your post , but i assume this is in valencia.
The date is sept 29.

It sounds great , lets do it , IM IN !!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

hanlon wrote:Hiya! Party sounds cool, I haven't been on this in a while so apologies. Is it 29th September and in Valencia? Have checked a few of the page threads and not sure, Iceland was in the mix there for a while.

I lost my passport en route to London two weeks ago so will make an effort to have it by then for this.

I would suggest Ireland but to be honest, its a bit like London with the noise complaints and the peeps here in rural lands don't really appreciate it :(
hello stranger !

Iceland was in the mix ?
Not at all man.

Valencia, yes.

Ireland won't do. We tried arranging John's backyard for it, but somehow he wanted none of us cunts near the place.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote: Matty has shown not one iota of interest in this, so it would be nice if someone else can do some stuff on production for the Q&A, production session thing. I could arrange a guest, but then we would have to club together for some type of feee.
People I know I could sort out fairly easily to do a talk or something...

Nick Dunton (65D Mavericks)
Makaton (Rodz Konez)
Kareem (Zhark)
Huren (Zhark)
Casual Violence

I could possibly talk to Inigo Kennedy, and could maybe arrange for him to play the club as well as do some kind of talk on production/creativity, so some kind of fee split could be arranged, but he is busy so again, I would need to know well in advance to sort that out.

Any other suggestions are welcome, I know a shit ton of people so it could probably be arranged somehow.

I thought some of Subsekt could play the club, but it looks like Mslwte is doing a gig on the night we picked, and Matt is not interested. Might be cool to get hades in the chillout room doing some ambient type of stuff live?

I mean, the initial idea was the club to have subsekt mainstayers play music in the club night, but we could also just maybe pick an artist/artists we really would like to see, and get them booked?

There are also beach vollyball courts all the way up the beach, so we could also arrange a Subsekt pissup/beach volley day.

Nick Dunton, hell yeah !
Makaton, hell yeah !
Casual Violence, will do as well.
Don't really know the others.
Inigo Kennedy, always !

Are these all living in Spain there or what ?

I'm flattered you suggest me for the chill out room, Steve. I don't think I can do anything ambient really live, but I could suggest to do a DJ set which is more varied and more chilled out, with a bit of all styles mixed in. Since the main room will probably be more dance floor oriented techno, that could be nice for variation. It would actually the first DJ set I do in 10 years or so. Just let me know a little in advance so I have enough time to test it all out and select some records.

Regarding production session thing and Q&A...
One of the things I enjoyed most when I was at Loop, was the "listening sessions". It meant we could all throw in a track and we had some guy give comment to it.
We all learned just as much from the others there than from whoever it was that the Ableton guys invited. Maybe that's a good idea for a session ?
It doesn't need a lot of preparation, and it's good for almost everyone.
I mean, I could do a sound design one, but that will only work mostly for the people who are still fairly new to the thing, and I can't explain it properly in only 2 hours or so.
I could try, but that would only be very theoretical, and not much fun in the end I think.

tenga
brown envelope

Post by tenga »

allright ,whats next step ??
how much is lodgment will cost ?

when can we start booking flights ???
who is comming? say yes..

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Could one of the mods add the date and location in the thread title?

As I can emagine im not the only one who has lost track of the date&detailes.

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Friend of mine told me yesterday that he used to live in Valencia for quite of time, and he can sort me out with a place to stay in a squat he opened and was living in (place is close to city centre, and people live there since 7-8 years). So if someone has tight budget and wants to tag along, then I'll them if they can host more people. ;)

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Hades wrote:
Mattias wrote:Have fun good gents and lassies
^^ I find this one confronting as well,
does this mean you simply don't have an excuse but just don't wanna meet us cunts, Mattias ?
Lost to the Void wrote: Matty not interested then?
Apologies for my lack of presence in this thread lads and lassies. I think a meet up like this would be great fun.
However my schedule is highly restricted during the period that was discussed for the meet up. I'm simply unable to travel
because of family reasons during this time of the year. I really hope you all will have loads of fun and I expect (demand) loads of pics.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mattias wrote:
Hades wrote:
Mattias wrote:Have fun good gents and lassies
^^ I find this one confronting as well,
does this mean you simply don't have an excuse but just don't wanna meet us cunts, Mattias ?
Lost to the Void wrote: Matty not interested then?
Apologies for my lack of presence in this thread lads and lassies. I think a meet up like this would be great fun.
However my schedule is highly restricted during the period that was discussed for the meet up. I'm simply unable to travel
because of family reasons during this time of the year. I really hope you all will have loads of fun and I expect (demand) loads of pics.
well I'm glad you at least gave a reply. :)

tbh, the 1 single weekend that I have family obligations is the one that the subsekt weekend is on.
I only found this out last week.
My parents hold this family weekend once a year, where they rent a big farm for the whole family.
Last year, this was the same weekend when Steve was playing in Leuven, so I was unable to go there as well.
This year I'll honestly say "sorry, no can't do" to my family.
I just don't want to miss this subsekt weekend.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Hades wrote: This year I'll honestly say "sorry, no can't do" to my family.
Sounds like fun with the big farm and all family gathered etc.
My obligations are sadly not of the pleasant sort during these dates.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Oh don't think September is viable anyway, I am going to ask the club about October dates and see what they have free
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:Oh don't think September is viable anyway, I am going to ask the club about October dates and see what they have free
well if the date can be changed, you'll be saving me from an angry sister for months to come.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mattias wrote:
Hades wrote: This year I'll honestly say "sorry, no can't do" to my family.
Sounds like fun with the big farm and all family gathered etc.
My obligations are sadly not of the pleasant sort during these dates.
bwoah, it's ok, when the kids all used to be younger it was more fun,
but now most of them are in high school, so they're even making homework half of the time.
If I won't come, my kids and mrs wil still be there, so it won't be the end of the world.

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Jesus fuck, I leave you for a few weeks and look what happens.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Voidy, all your ideas sound great. I am well down with Inigo as well :D More than well down.

It is a shame about the September date, that would have been really great.

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Well it is funny to me considering a lot of my fellow countrymen dream of crossing the gibraltar straights in one of those rubber boats seeking glory, money, fame and blonde women in the holy lands of europe, so I might try out my luck attending the meeting on the same mean of transport :lol:

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

People are going to have to pop a lot of E at the gathering to get over all this bickering :lol:

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Subsekt summer riot 2017, maskmasks on, reverbkick rumble rolling in the background, letsgo!

Edit: Again, i got the fresh page, praise the lord, halleluja! Its a signnn!

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

"Subsekt Man Techno Train 2K17"
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:In the light of being politically correct, there can also be a fanny train.
I would struggle to be more proud of you than I am right now.