non reader
Re: Subsekt summer meeting 2017

Post by Squill »

Come to Brazil

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Hades wrote:I have never put my JX10 up for sale, ever.
I did have offers before for my PG800, some going up to 600€.

I guess the Bim just doesn't do it for me.
I bought it blindly because I am such a huge fan of my Biscuit (though I don't use it as heavily today as I used to do in the past) and I love OTO as a company,
but yeah, it's been here for about a year and I hardly ever used it...

you have to remember I have an Eventide H8000fw,
and too many delay plugins,
I guess my Bim just can't really offer me anything that I haven't already covered.

I might even sell my Sherman Filterbank 2x2,
I love Herman, but I just never use the thing,
I guess it's just not for my type of music. :)

Ah I see, sounds logical.

Give me a shout if you ever decide to sell your 101 :P

tenga
brown envelope

Post by tenga »

Alume wrote:Give me a shout if you ever decide to sell your 101 :P
+1

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

I want to go to Iceland.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

tenga
brown envelope

Post by tenga »

i just quit my job !!!
any news for the subsekt meeting ??? im 100% up for this !!!

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

That's commitment! Couldn't you just ask your boss for some holidays?! :D

tenga
brown envelope

Post by tenga »

intrusav wrote:That's commitment! Couldn't you just ask your boss for some holidays?! :D
yup... but that would only be a temporary solution to the fact that i'm sick of seeing his ugly face.. so nope.. :lol:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

tenga wrote:
intrusav wrote:That's commitment! Couldn't you just ask your boss for some holidays?! :D
yup... but that would only be a temporary solution to the fact that i'm sick of seeing his ugly face.. so nope.. :lol:
that sounds familiar, but in my case it's a she,
or at least for the 2 colleagues that bothered me the most
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Good to see that I have not missed out on too much planning ;)

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Srs, is there anything I can do to hilp?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

If I can get a serious yes interested committment, then I can get the club locked down, and the venue for a production session/class, though it would need more than just me to give a talk/group lesson.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Lost to the Void wrote:If I can get a serious yes interested committment, then I can get the club locked down, and the venue for a production session/class, though it would need more than just me to give a talk/group lesson.
This is beyond interesting !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:If I can get a serious yes interested committment, then I can get the club locked down, and the venue for a production session/class, though it would need more than just me to give a talk/group lesson.
I fully understand the situation.
A lot of people are full of blabla but not enough boem boem,
so they might say "I'll be there for sure" but can just chicken out at the last moment.

What do you need to prove commitment ?
Perhaps we can all paypal you a certain advantage, set by you,
like enough to at least cover the club and maybe already a minimum (or full price) for the lodgings if you know where to find quality ones
and then you can start booking stuff as soon as you have a minimum amount of members who paid you ?
If not, you can just return the people who paid you the money ?
Does that sound like some sort of practical solution ?

I'm just trying to figure out a way to do this...
If others have better idea's, please do say so !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Amon Derrich wrote:
This is beyond interesting !
you can probably get there by rubber boat or something,
I heard that's quite in fashion nowadays ! ;)

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Sorry folks but a change of plans in October means I won't be able to make this. Hope it's a good one :-)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

terryfalafel wrote:Sorry folks but a change of plans in October means I won't be able to make this. Hope it's a good one :-)
A lot of people are full of blabla but not enough boem boem,
so they might say "I'll be there for sure" but will most likely just chicken out even before it all began.
at least I know you in person to know you're not the type to find some cheap ass excuse,
you cunt ! ;)

now tell us your excuse ! :mrgreen:

Den Bosch
brown envelope

Post by Den Bosch »

Whoops forgot to reply here, but I'm still definitely up for this. Might be going to Valencia in July, so I can do some scouting :) I'm not in a position to teach/inform any of you about anything music production related though, but I heard Hades would love to do a talk about his gardening skills...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Well, the venue, both the club and the place to hold the production class Q&A, probably won`t cost anything.
The club I can arrange with the collective, it`s a good size but I think as long as they have enough advance confirmation we should be able to do that with no cost.
The place for production talk/Q&A is their record shop which has a small club area (and bar) in the back, so again it shouldn`t cost as there will be plenty in the city interested.

Accommodation I can start sorting out ASAP, one of the guys is coming at the end of the month to London, so I can discuss it with him, or I can start whenever, it should be fairly easy to sort.
Depending on how many of us there are, we could share a large villa, or a small complex relatively inexpensively somewhere around the beach.

Matty has shown not one iota of interest in this, so it would be nice if someone else can do some stuff on production for the Q&A, production session thing. I could arrange a guest, but then we would have to club together for some type of feee.
People I know I could sort out fairly easily to do a talk or something...

Nick Dunton (65D Mavericks)
Makaton (Rodz Konez)
Kareem (Zhark)
Huren (Zhark)
Casual Violence

I could possibly talk to Inigo Kennedy, and could maybe arrange for him to play the club as well as do some kind of talk on production/creativity, so some kind of fee split could be arranged, but he is busy so again, I would need to know well in advance to sort that out.

Any other suggestions are welcome, I know a shit ton of people so it could probably be arranged somehow.

I thought some of Subsekt could play the club, but it looks like Mslwte is doing a gig on the night we picked, and Matt is not interested. Might be cool to get hades in the chillout room doing some ambient type of stuff live?

I mean, the initial idea was the club to have subsekt mainstayers play music in the club night, but we could also just maybe pick an artist/artists we really would like to see, and get them booked?

There are also beach vollyball courts all the way up the beach, so we could also arrange a Subsekt pissup/beach volley day.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

What date have you decided to go with?
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

hanlon
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by hanlon »

Hiya! Party sounds cool, I haven't been on this in a while so apologies. Is it 29th September and in Valencia? Have checked a few of the page threads and not sure, Iceland was in the mix there for a while.

I lost my passport en route to London two weeks ago so will make an effort to have it by then for this.

I would suggest Ireland but to be honest, its a bit like London with the noise complaints and the peeps here in rural lands don't really appreciate it :(