Prince of Denmark is dead

General Chat // Music Discussion
Root
BANNED
Prince of Denmark is dead

Post by Root »

Gieglings Traumprinz today quit his alter ego Prince of Denmark. This was some fucking good dubtechno that still brings me hours of daydreaming. Love his sound! It's a good way, if you lost connection to what you're doing, to go on, and start something new. Don't worry about what's been before, there will be new stuff.

youtu.be/5TF3kxIrFWo

youtu.be/3ib6ln64x9Y

Play it loud!
:geek:

Prophän
Back Bling
Re: Prince of Denmark is dead

Post by Prophän »

That was some clickbaity title , I really thought the guy was dead.

delphine
Suspect Handshake

Post by delphine »

never understood the big deal surrounding giegling and/or prince of denmark.

SixOfOne
non reader

Post by SixOfOne »

Never got it either, his stuff is nice granted, but by the way I've heard some people describe him you would think he's smashing boundaries all round. Keeping a low profile seemed to add to the hype as it usually does.

Huck Farper
Alf Garnett

Post by Huck Farper »

Good?

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I've been following the guy since the first Traumprinz record. I thought he was a bit special right from the beginning. But the hype has just gotten ridiculous and killed the appeal a bit for me, it was more fun when he was this really obscure guy instead of one of the most hyped producers in underground dance music. Anyways, i'm not so keen on the stuff he's made in the last 2-3 years. The first three Traumprinz records and the two PoD EPs are still the best things he's done, IMO.

jim_kezzle
Onions

Post by jim_kezzle »

I agree with what others have said, very hyped for not a lot of merit in my book, find his stuff a bit boring, his music is like warm up tackle at best for my taste, no cumshot music

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jim_kezzle wrote:no cumshot music
no felching music either then :?:
:mrgreen:
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Amon Derrich wrote:That was some clickbaity title , I really thought the guy was dead.

same here :)

not saying I like everything he did,
and he's absolutely over-hyped (which might even be why he decided to stop the Prince of Denmark alias all together),
but yeah, I've seen too many good musicians die the last 2 years... :|

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Haha, okay, sorry for the title. I just copied it from prince of denmarks soundcloud, where he announced the news. And yep, that hype thing is strange and might be connected to his lack showing himself in public. I just like this little dark and noisy sound, especially those sets where it seems as if not much is happening but if somehow theres is everything happening. When i do such minimalist tracks, i guess they will be boring.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Root wrote: When i do such minimalist tracks, i guess they will be boring.
I remember distinctively listening to a liveset from him twice somewhere on SC,
both times I thought it was a lot more boring than what I expected knowing (and owning) a few of his records...

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

hehehe, ..don't know, somethings in his sound that gets me. i could listen to this for hours.. sure, more at home or in a park, not for clubbing.

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

I second that home listening feeling, i really like his stuff and i think if you dont care about the hype i think we shouldnt care about it being hyped or not right? Isnt just about, oh its hyped, it should be garbage :P
But i understand how hype can make us take some distance to some artists
WTF?!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

daunzila wrote: we shouldnt care about it being hyped or not right? Isnt just about, oh its hyped, it should be garbage :P
that's exactly why I never hype myself !! :mrgreen:

but to tell you the truth :

1. I am always right.*
2. my idea's are always excellent.*

*any future rule I might add starts from the basic idea that I am, at all times, extremely modest ! :mrgreen:

Honestly...
once every few months/years I find myself on some boring social occasion with the mrs,
and I start saying the above shit to random people,
just to see how they react.
If they really take you seriously and don't get the joke, you know you shouldn't give them more than a few seconds of your attention. ;)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Lot of fuss over something so generic.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Lost to the Void wrote:Lot of fuss over something so generic.
My thoughts exactly. I listened to some of the tracks off the album on youtube when it came out, and whilst yeah, they were decent - I definitely don't think it lived up to the hype that certain people + RA was making out from it.

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

Hades wrote:
daunzila wrote: we shouldnt care about it being hyped or not right? Isnt just about, oh its hyped, it should be garbage :P
that's exactly why I never hype myself !! :mrgreen:

but to tell you the truth :

1. I am always right.*
2. my idea's are always excellent.*

*any future rule I might add starts from the basic idea that I am, at all times, extremely modest ! :mrgreen:

Honestly...
once every few months/years I find myself on some boring social occasion with the mrs,
and I start saying the above shit to random people,
just to see how they react.
If they really take you seriously and don't get the joke, you know you shouldn't give them more than a few seconds of your attention. ;)
You think hes putting himself in that situation?
idk, to me it sounds more like the RA kinda of thing, they always trying to make hype over some artists that are just doing his stuff, i know a lot of artist are trying this route of making hype over his own work (clown citation), but it never sounded his doing that... maybe im just a fool hehehe
WTF?!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

daunzila wrote:
idk, to me it sounds more like the RA kinda of thing, they always trying to make hype over some artists that are just doing his stuff, i know a lot of artist are trying this route of making hype over his own work (clown citation), but it never sounded his doing that... maybe im just a fool hehehe
ow no,
I honestly have no clue who's behind the hype, nor do I spend a single thought about it on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis :)

but then I don't exactly follow the music press,
I prefer to spend my time making music or digging for decent music instead of reading about music.
I don't need to read a review to like or dislike a certain track/release/producer...

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

Hades wrote:
daunzila wrote:
ow no,
I honestly have no clue who's behind the hype, nor do I spend a single thought about it on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis :)

but then I don't exactly follow the music press,
I prefer to spend my time making music or digging for decent music instead of reading about music.
I don't need to read a review to like or dislike a certain track/release/producer...
Oh, thats for sure, no review will make you like shitty music or dislike good music, but sometimes it can point you to some things thats gonne out your sight, it happens a lot to me, to be honest i always liked to read and talk about music and as i dont have that much time to dig i still go to some sites to see if i can catch up some new stuff that i know nothing about
WTF?!

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Oh, thank fuck it wasn't actual death. This year needs to fuck off with that already.