Writers block

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Merah
arsehole
Re: Writers block

Post by Merah »

Mslwte wrote:look for images like the one in Merah's soundcloud link ^
Ahaha, shes nice indeed
Creativity is not a technique, it is a way of life.

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Do some colouring...

Hexonics
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!

Post by Hexonics »

If i have writers block, i like to do a bit of Techno admin; Go and get some field recordings, bash a load of effects on them sample them etc. If i don't fell like writing i can at least build up a library of my own sounds to play with at a later date. I also like to do drum synthesis again to build up a bank of unique sounds.

I also have a white board in the studio; when i finish a session I write a to do list for the track so that when i come back to it i have some direction. I don't always follow it, but it does help keep the project moving along.

Aureliano
BAD

Post by Aureliano »

Can you play any other instruments?

I pretty much never get writers block, I just cycle round on different instruments/genres constantly. Playing different guitars, different synths, pianos etc, keeps everything fresh for me. Sometimes I'll write in midi something I've written on guitar, and try it with different synth sounds, it gets me going in a new direction...often I find the original guitar riff doesn't get used in a finished techno song, but it's the catalyst that got me started and helped guide the track to completion.