Modular Synthesiser Discussion

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
gedda
Metric Martyr
Re: Modular Synthesiser Discussion

Post by gedda »

I'm enjoying Reaktor Blocks right now. What I like doing is using my hardware synths and routing it to reaktor blocks for its envelopes. For those of you who have a Minibrute, you know how idiosyncratic its envelopes are. They are too tight for my liking too. There's also a guy who made eurorack module classics for reaktor, he worked hard on it for two months too. Check out the module collection "Euro Reakt".

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

willemb wrote:Its a gimmick, but I had a dream when I was about 8 years old that looked like this:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/ ... more-69798

(maybe mixed a little bit like korg little bits)
Lego rules!!!

http://stylespion.de/bauanleitung-lego- ... akke/6078/

gedda
Metric Martyr

Post by gedda »

What eurorack sequencer are you guys using? And what quantizer?

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

atm just triggering stuff(enc lfo etc) with my rytm.

I sequence my 0coast with ableton atm.

Resin
Pig

Post by Resin »

Mainly using Arturia Beatstep Pro. At its price point it's hard to beat. Also got Mutable CV Pal for computer based sequencing and RYO Penta which I tend to use for modulation. I like all of them.

-GeO-
fake

Post by -GeO- »

I'm using Orbitals as a main step sequencer but am thinking of switching to the Intellijel Metropolis..it's just a bit pricey. Also using Intellijel uScale II for quantizing functions and it works very well.

Adam
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Adam »

Metropolis is a neat sequencer. I love it. I'm using the Ryo Penta to modulate it via the aux inputs. Beatstep Pro ist also nice. Especially since you can use it to sequence your daw, too. The trigger outputs are pretty helpful for modular stuff, of course. Last but not least I like the Turing machine for instant sequence pleasures.

therottencircle
rescued

Post by therottencircle »

i use beatstep pro and the turing machine maybe i get the pressure points for some xtra touch sequencing... i tried a lot of sequencers like rene or the multistage from verbos...nothing really blowed me away since i have the turing machine and the beatstep !

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

-GeO- wrote:I'm using Orbitals as a main step sequencer but am thinking of switching to the Intellijel Metropolis..it's just a bit pricey. Also using Intellijel uScale II for quantizing functions and it works very well.
Strongly suggest the Stillson Hammer MK2 over the Metropolis. Superior in almost every way.

berto999
Unfriended

Post by berto999 »

Anyone got any oscillator recommendations? Currently eyeing up the tip top z3000

-GeO-
fake

Post by -GeO- »

td3l wrote:
-GeO- wrote:I'm using Orbitals as a main step sequencer but am thinking of switching to the Intellijel Metropolis..it's just a bit pricey. Also using Intellijel uScale II for quantizing functions and it works very well.
Strongly suggest the Stillson Hammer MK2 over the Metropolis. Superior in almost every way.
Hey...thanks for the head's up on the Stillson. Initial quick look seems just what i need. Issue with the Orbitals is that there is no feedback on the step LED's so you don't know which ones are depressed just by looking at it. It's a shame they didn't use diffenet LED's so you could see the timeline and the active steps in one quick look. I wanted the Metropolis because of the visual feedback with the step sliders. Looks like this Stillson has similar switches and appears to hit the mark so i will seriously look at it. Thanks again!!

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

-GeO- wrote:
td3l wrote:
Hey...thanks for the head's up on the Stillson. Initial quick look seems just what i need. Issue with the Orbitals is that there is no feedback on the step LED's so you don't know which ones are depressed just by looking at it. It's a shame they didn't use diffenet LED's so you could see the timeline and the active steps in one quick look. I wanted the Metropolis because of the visual feedback with the step sliders. Looks like this Stillson has similar switches and appears to hit the mark so i will seriously look at it. Thanks again!!
The thing is, the Stillson gives you FOUR simultaneous sequences of variable length between 1 and 16 steps. It's literally like having four Metropolises (Metropoli?). Even if you only have 1 osc to sequence, sending the additional sequences to other parameters (like filter cutoffs, gates, whatever) is incredibly useful. IMO it'd be foolish to take a Metro over a SH MK2. But whatever floats your boat.

gedda
Metric Martyr

Post by gedda »

berto999 wrote:Anyone got any oscillator recommendations? Currently eyeing up the tip top z3000
Mutable Instruments' Braids is good, there is some menu diving if you want other features but 99% of the time I use it as a pure osc without the bells and whistles so I have what I want instantly.

Devant
fake

Post by Devant »

berto999 wrote:Anyone got any oscillator recommendations? Currently eyeing up the tip top z3000
I've got a z3000

It's a great sounding osc but I prefer going for the more complex eurorack oscillators these days (Piston Honda, Braids, etc)

The frequency analyser is extremely useful though

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

Now, this looks interesting ....

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/folk ... x/16344232#/