NISSIM - Hypnotic Sun/Cornflakes

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
OHADOHAD
decent
NISSIM - Hypnotic Sun/Cornflakes

Post by OHADOHAD »

Hi guys, been awhile since I've posted new tracks, had a rough 3 month.. hardcore shit..
Moving on.. I'm finally back in my studio and my horse and it would be great to hear your thoughts on the last 2 tracks I've recorded.
Cheers, enjoy your weekend!

No Bass Lines For Me!

seventh serpent
Poo Fingers
Re: NISSIM - Hypnotic Sun/Cornflakes

Post by seventh serpent »

i like the groove of hypnotic sun but probably its only my idea of music cause i often have to give this advice.. i came from many years listening an producing psytrance and i like to use more variations in the arrangement... but maybe for techno is ok to be a little repetitive.. i dont know...

cornflakes its a bit confuse but overall i like the groove... i find it more complete with a bassline
i like it... i would give more stability to that snare in backbeat... probably it doesnt work exactly on the beat 1/8 1/4 whatever it is... sorry my english its not very good hope you've understood... cheers

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

Your english is great, don't worry about it ;)
Thank you for your feedback, appreciate it
No Bass Lines For Me!

Aurongroove
pregnant

Post by Aurongroove »

They certainly have character.

I'm worried that Hypnotic Sun sounds too much like it big fat "doesn't have a bassline".
The shape of a low end is a Kick drum that strikes 4/4, with absolutely nothing to contrast it.

This Kick needs to either fill out more of the king sized bed it's sleeping in alone, perhaps with some elongated bass hums or other space-using tricks, or, it needs a bassline to snuggle up with.

Everything else about the track is good.

Cornflakes is a nasty bit of work. very delicious.
The excessive distortion in that "exessivly distorted" element runs the risk of excluding it from all but very abstract set use. but it does make it a nice listening piece.
I wish the big distorted element was exactly this amount of fucked up, but just a little quieter or less forwad twords the beginning, as it almost makes the rest of the track superfluous in this section.

Holy shit. A compression flutter that takes place over the entire track towards the middle is, SO AWESOME. I don't do drugs personally, but this passage of the track has extremely effective mind altering properties.
Considering how effective it is, I would be inclined to redouble my earlier advice and say, just tidy up the beginning with either automated gain or filtering, to save some dynamic space to swell into the closeness for the middle section, like what the vocal does with filtering,
do a little bit of that, but with volume, for the distorted element.

Good shit.
and delicious texture.
I'm Hilarious

Some professional mastering engineers use multi-band compressors.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Hypnotic sun is nice, a bit too bubble-gum nice for me.

Again I agree with Auron 'I can read your thoughts' groove about the kick, i think the track would gel more if there indeed was a longer kick, or a bass (even a reese bass)

But despite it being sweeter than dancing with smurfette and the gummi bears on an mdma binge, it's pretty good.

The second track is firmly in the 'too weird/challenging/not in time/abstract' realm for me

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Cornflakes reminds me a bit of some of the stuff on L.I.E.S.

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

Thanks! really appreciate the feedback! I will try and add some low end to hypnotic sun, might try and make the track a bit darker, less happy...

I will take the L.I.E.S reference as a compliment ;)
No Bass Lines For Me!

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

I like cornflakes better, it sounds interesting to me as it's quite different to everything else everyone is putting out.

OHADOHAD
decent

Post by OHADOHAD »

TechnoDude wrote:I like cornflakes better, it sounds interesting to me as it's quite different to everything else everyone is putting out.
Thanks man! really appreciate it, I think that's what I'm trying to achieve the most, to show my own character.
No Bass Lines For Me!