Tzukenbauer - Interceptor

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
zukenbauer
You only live once
Tzukenbauer - Interceptor

Post by zukenbauer »

Any of you like this? Looking forward to hear any criticism of all sorts!
Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/tzukenbauer/interceptor002

seventh serpent
Poo Fingers
Re: Tzukenbauer - Interceptor

Post by seventh serpent »

in my opinion its not bad but i feel like its a bit empty... you could add more sounds for a more complex groove and/or effects...
and maybe the hats could be more loud whit a distortion or saturation
in my opinion you are in the right way but you have to work a little more on the track sound and arrangement with more complexity but its only my opinion

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

seventh serpent wrote:in my opinion its not bad but i feel like its a bit empty... you could add more sounds for a more complex groove and/or effects...
and maybe the hats could be more loud whit a distortion or saturation
in my opinion you are in the right way but you have to work a little more on the track sound and arrangement with more complexity but its only my opinion
Thanks for listening, ill see can i come with something more complex but i think im done with this track, maybe just some small details if i get nice idea.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

I really like that. Funny thing is, i just started a track which is in the same ballpark like this.

Mix sounds decent as far as i can tell. Very nice track.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

Mono-xID wrote:I really like that. Funny thing is, i just started a track which is in the same ballpark like this.

Mix sounds decent as far as i can tell. Very nice track.
Well thanks man, appreciate it.
I always try to go in this direction but never suceed till this one, always end up with some mellow/melancholic shit..

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Breakdown is a bit too long, I think. That main acid-y riff sound could use some more stereo action I think, maybe a bit of ping-pong.

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

dubdub wrote:Breakdown is a bit too long, I think. That main acid-y riff sound could use some more stereo action I think, maybe a bit of ping-pong.
Do you mean like constant stereo action or just small fills here or there?
Thanks for listening

Aurongroove
pregnant

Post by Aurongroove »

It suffers from long-boring-beginning syndrome

A introduction to the main groove doesn't need to be so labored, nor does it do any favours for people trying to mix it in sets.

The kick is a little "dark" but it is satisfying.

The mix is just about OK, but it is loose. The track's elements could be closer then they are and you would get a better more cohesive (and loud), finished track.

The main synth (that plays all through the track, right from the start), promises musical complexity but does little other then keep-on-promising through the long intro, through the first section, through the long breakdown, and then it leaves almost everything to the counter melody to sort out during the breakdown and does almost nothing at the drop.

Essentially it does almost nothing musically, and it really needs too. It's need more then just the odd res spike on the cut off filter, and something far more significant in terms of musical development or, and increase in complexity.

It feels as if the track hasn't decided wither it's tech-trance, or melodic techno, and as such, achieves neither, and ends before it ever gets a chance to discover anything about itself.

The elements are all there, it just needs to go further musically.
I'm Hilarious

Some professional mastering engineers use multi-band compressors.

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

Thanks for the feedback and listening, i totally agree with you on first two.. Might change that intro someday..

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

I like this kind of synthlines. All in all i wished the track was more dubtechno influenced, like the synthline has potential for it. When i say dubtechno i mean for example like radioslave - neverending.
:geek:

zukenbauer
You only live once

Post by zukenbauer »

Root wrote:I like this kind of synthlines. All in all i wished the track was more dubtechno influenced, like the synthline has potential for it. When i say dubtechno i mean for example like radioslave - neverending.
Yeah man i love this kind of synths too.. I really wanted to go in little more agressive direction than usual :mrgreen: