MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports
Overbridge support

650 euro

Need to hear it!

SFBM
&roid
Re: Elektron Digitakt

Post by SFBM »

Just saw the unveiling then - looks pretty amazing and *especially* for the price range they've set. Once it arrives in Australian shores, It will probably be about $900 or $1000AUD I reckon, but that seems quite great for the feature set (comparatively, the RYTM and Octatrack here are around $2000AUD each).

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

A baby octatrack, not that exciting.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

I would definitely love to hear an audio demo of it, I wonder what the sounds are closest to when compared to other Elektron units - whether it's more MD like, RYTM like or Octatrack like, or a mixture of all 3.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Combination of MD and Octa, it`s not analog so it won`t sound like the RYTM (not a bad thing, it might do some kind of analog synthesis perhaps, more likely to be MD engine as the MD is no longer in production).
New Shit

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Just seen this in my email. Great price & mighty features. The MD sounds great with fx. Ain't no baddy if so.

I'd like to see them go the whole hog & do something with faders or volumes, per channel.. accessible from the front panel. Just cos you have the cash for an elektron doesn't mean that you can afford a desk or shit hot input laden soundcard.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

This looks cool. I'm waiting for a proper review.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

▇ ▇ ▇
Get a fucking avatar

Post by ▇ ▇ ▇ »

Samples only, also samples as oscillator waveforms (Similar to AR) ... Hopefully stereo unlike AR.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Think the rytms got stereo sample capabilities.

Anyway its not the md engine ive been told. Also it cant layer samples and voices like the rytm can

Im getting it to get elektron sequencing going ik my vsts. I think it will have some serious oferbridge features.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Also i think the kit etc stuff is different. The memory structure is hard to trace back on the user interface

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

wait for all the demos of cenk playing with it and saying....yeah this sounds great but then if we run it through the Analog Heat bla bla.
These Elektron guys are pacing their products in a very calculated way.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

▇ ▇ ▇ wrote:Samples only, also samples as oscillator waveforms (Similar to AR) ... Hopefully stereo unlike AR.

So just baby octatrack then... Meh.
New Shit

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

People are already asking: "Is there overdrive or distortion per channel?".
Well, I think of course not... buy the Heat if you want that ;-)

I'll get an AR in the next month or so. I love that box to death - but that display... :lol:

I'm still interested in something like a Analog One (Monosynth) from them. Yeah, the market is already full of these but Elektron obviously want to do more smaller products and sell more. Somehow I think they will not make another "premium" product soon.
What do you guys think?

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

Cenk on FIRE!

youtu.be/Kk7d_Tfqf-E

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

tough times for them. having good products at high prices seems rather difficult when people can have all itb with a crack for free and you can buy analogue synths and drum machines for very little money where you had to spend thousands a couple of years ago.
Not sure about the info... does it have a synthesis part with digital machines like the machinedrum or is it a sampler?
I wasn't too impressed by the machinedrum machines but maybe it just didn't suit my taste of music when I had it and I really missed a dedicated volume and filter envelope. really excited to see whatelse is going to be released. Still, as always, tempting to start getting nerdy about new gear instead of using what is there already.
Very unlikely to happen but I would love to see an Ableton live 10 with some missing features added....

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Not tough for Elektron, their stuff always sells out quick, and really holds it`s value in the used market, they are doing fine.
New Shit

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

Alume wrote:Think the rytms got stereo sample capabilities.
Rytm can load stereo samples for sure but they're converted to mono inside the unit. All the samples go through the analog circuitry and the Rytm doesn't have stereo analog filters etc. In a modern, digital unit it wouldn't make any sense, but when it's analog, stereo costs more money and makes the unit larger. It's actual components inside the unit, not just algorhithms.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

Lost to the Void wrote:A baby octatrack, not that exciting.
For some it is, for some it isn't. When I had the Octatrack I didn't really use it to it's full capability, it was mostly just a MIDI sequencer and a drum machine anyway. Something like this, for half the price is pretty cool, assuming it isn't TOO stripped down. Keep the best bits of the OT, add some new tricks (like the enhanced sequencer capabilities of the analog Elektron units), make it drum-centered, hopefully some good FX in it and I might buy one.

Not an insta buy by any means, but pretty interesting and would probably be very useful for me, when I go back to hardware. Cheaper than the new MPC's too.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

@Barfunkel ah oke yeah true that. Then you would need to use 2 voices. But man the rytm sounds so ridiculously good.

I'm excited for this new box though!

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

I was thinking about the squarp pyramid and then this one pop up. Totally different beast but depending on the strength of the midi sequencer tracks of the Elektron I might give it a go.
I hope the internal fx of the Elektron are good because otherwise 2 outs are not enough.
Is the display the same size of the other Elektron units (quite small)?