quasi-public
meditative techno

Post by Chizmata »

less talk, more action:

Aurongroove
pregnant
Re: meditative techno

Post by Aurongroove »

That first one is just brilliant. I very rarely enjoy techno with additive kick patterns, (rather then plain 4/4) but this is a great use.

I wish there was at least one point of interest, it doesn't need to be a big one, just a second or two of a break or change, to catch a breath and to give the track a narrative dynamic.
I'm Hilarious

Some professional mastering engineers use multi-band compressors.

Chizmata
quasi-public

Post by Chizmata »

Aurongroove wrote:That first one is just brilliant. I very rarely enjoy techno with additive kick patterns, (rather then plain 4/4) but this is a great use.

I wish there was at least one point of interest, it doesn't need to be a big one, just a second or two of a break or change, to catch a breath and to give the track a narrative dynamic.
thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed it! i prefer a track structure without narrative, i think of it more as a picture, but with slight changes all of the time. i get where your criticism is coming from though and i dont think the way i realize my idea is even close to being optimized, but im still working on it :geek:

Kraht
fake

Post by Kraht »

solaris: I like the subtle sounds and the original rhythm, but in my opinion, It's to much alternative rythms on one track. Also I could recomend a little more action in composition; like some track muting or some breaks would be very welcome.

Alpha waves: Nice track, I like how it sounds so bussy, like i'm watching a giant heap of ants doing there thing. Maybe turn the arpeggiating organ a bit down in volume though.

Chizmata
quasi-public

Post by Chizmata »

guys the second one is just my signature, not the topic of this thread :lol: and i also just changed it. thx for your input kraht.

juxtpose
BAD

Post by juxtpose »

I quite like the alternating rhythms, though its a tricky one to pull of. Its one of the few directions to still be original imho. Korridor does it well on taotast, theres always something basic to hang onto in the weirdness in that EP. In the first track if i could be so bold as to make a suggestion what about launching into a solid banging four after a while? Atm it feels like a cool intro, disorienting sending you out into space but then it feels like falling into the void with nothing to latch onto

juxtpose
BAD

Post by juxtpose »

cyborg is well nice

Sasemoi
clown

Post by Sasemoi »

Rythm is nice man, track pumps well and works as this loopy kind of techno that you're going for but imo you're missing a lot of dynamic in your drums and synths. kick sounds a bit overcompressed and the way it interacts with the sub sounds quite flat to me and the synth could do with some more body. Think you're just missing some extra attention on sound design and interaction of your sounds with each other !

Chizmata
quasi-public

Post by Chizmata »

thanks for your feedback guys.
@juxtpose, i will check out korridor, dont know him.
@sasemoi, the lower end is something i am really trying to get better at! by far not on the end of the way though.

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

nice track!